Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
Drive By Uppercut
Character of the Week #350
Keeper of Lost Things
Deadline - Sunday, April 20th 10PM GMT
People lose things every day and most of the time, they never find what it is that they lost. There is a...small...society of collectors of lost things, who takes great care of everything they find. They may even go out of their way to bring back an item which was lost, if it means enough to the person. These collectors, or keepers, are quite small, maybe about the size of a mouse and although they have a long tail, they aren't mice. They tend to dress quite decoratively using pieces of things they find. They have big eyes which helps them spot things that a human normally couldn't.
- Can be male or female
- Must be humanoid, not a humanoid mouse!
- Must have a long tail and large eyes.
- Clothing is decorative, think about small things you have which looks like it could fit as clothing for a small person.
- Background is optional this week
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW # and the artists username at the bottom of the image within, at least, a footer bar(TYPED, NOT WRITTEN)
- At least 3/4 of the character must be visible. No back views are allowed without a front please.
- Sketches or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll
- No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work
- At least two wips posted with your final in the finals thread
- NO ENVIRONMENT BACKGROUNDS! You may use simple shapes,gradients or silhouettes
- Please read through the thread for any posts made by the mod. They likely answered a question that was asked about the challenge!
- Have fun!
WIP pieces and Final Image
Last edited by Dippesh25; April 18th, 2014 at 02:26 PM.
Here's my submission.
My WIP and Final
My final submission. The character in two different poses:
Last edited by Marco Lombardi; April 19th, 2014 at 10:31 AM.
My final version plus three WIPs!
My first ever CHoW and first ever time using Photoshop to draw from imagination! Great entries guys best of luck!
WIP and Final
This is my final entry. This was a very good exercise, hope to be part of the next ones! =)
I´m open to freelance work =)
This is my first post in the forum. I hope, not only, to be able to post frequently in here, as to improve my art!
Behold! The Keeper of the Keepers.
I'm sorry if these files are big!
(I really need to work on my coloring but tips would be greatly appreciated.)
Good challenge. Really enjoyed it.
Here's my entry, didn't get to delve into detailing as much as I wanted, but pretty happy with the final result. Great looking pieces everyone!
This was super fun =)
Last edited by ped454; April 20th, 2014 at 08:11 PM.
Here's my keeper!
Closed. Poll will be up shortly
@koenigin - Not enough design elements, he needed to look a little more decorative with things.
@ped454 - Not enough design elements. If you are going to do 3D I also expect good rendering/pose quality, for example, you have clipping in the hand that is holding the scroll, we shouldn't see that. Also, dont put any WIPS within the submitted entry please.
@marko markovic - Although you weren't cut, if you wish to make the poll from now on, I will be expecting cleaner and more polished work. I'm sure you are capable of it.
Last edited by Havok Reed; April 20th, 2014 at 08:43 PM.