Intuous is now on the low end?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 1,494 Times in 744 Posts

Intuous is now on the low end?

My old Wacom Intuous 3 is pretty beat up (I think it's ten years old now) and I've got a birthday coming up, so I've been scoping out tablets. I was shocked to check Amazon and find Intuous is now what they're calling their entry level, at about the same price as Bamboo. (There's also an Intuous Pro at considerably more money).

Anyone have experience of Wacom's low end these days? My circumstances are too humble to go for pro. (Dear mods: I know there's a Wacom forum, but it's kind of a ghetto).

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Intuos Pro is the one that is in line with the previous releases. The "regular" Intuos is a new budget model.

Thanks
    they sure did not build planned obsolescence into them. I am still using my I3 and it is not showing signs of giving up. I think I would probably just buy a refurb I3 if it came to that, off Ebay.

With the way marketing departments are, who knows if the intuous is even still an intuous...maybe it's like graphire was in the early 2000's.

I would actually write to them and ask, explaining your situation, no one is going to know better than the playtesters at the company who have access to all of the models. (most companies do have test models of all of their devices lying around.

---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts

Thanks
    I own an intuos 3, 5 a bamboo and a cintiq. All are excellent machines, though I prefer the intuos3s surface over the new ones. What wacom did was jusr a stupid marketing strategy. You cant really go wrong with either product, dont worry. Just stay away from special packages like the anime one since you get software you dont need and pay extra.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,292 Times in 1,404 Posts
    I had been using Intuos 3, and would have still, if it did not die on me eventually.

Be aware that Intuos 4 and later does not recognize Intuos 3 styluses. Sadly.

Members who have read this thread: 42