Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,690 Times in 4,601 Posts

Introduction, FAQs & Local Groups

Welcome to conceptart.org.

I'm sure you're just as excited to post here as we are to have you, so here's a few tips about posting in various places around the forum.

And of course, you might feel like introducing yourself here briefly, but don't worry if no one replies. This is not a place to report bugs, please post those in Support

Mods are Orange, Admin are Red, Level Up members are Green and the rest are Blue like you.

New members may find their posts go into moderation, but don't worry as these are approved on a regular basis. Editing a post can also put it back into moderation.

The different areas

How to post and insert images

Edit posts

Local Groups

We don't have many rules here and members are expected to use their common sense. Try to be polite to others, don't take offence at critique or when there is a heated debate in the Lounge. Please use the little black triangle (bottom left of a post) to report anyone you consider has overstepped the mark or a spammer.

Please read the stickies (especially in Art Discussion) before posting, as certain questions have been asked numerous times.

We do have a search function but sometimes it is easier to google the site using "search site: conceptart.org what you are looking for".
    Last edited by Black Spot; April 16th, 2014 at 11:38 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The different areas of the forum

SKETCHBOOKS – everyone should have one, and remember that we're here to help each other improve, so if you think you can help another member, do. Also the more you help, the more likely people are to visit your sketchbook.

CRITIQUE CENTRE – this is where you post if you need help with a specific piece. Try to put as much information about where you want to go with it and what you're having problems with. Also try to critique others; it not only helps members, but it makes you consider your own work as well.

FINISHED ART – here is a place for art that is of (or near) professional standard – the oohs and ahs. Please do not be offended if it gets moved to the Critique Centre, and don't give up.

ENTERTAINMENT DESIGN – this is more a game type art place.

FINE ART is for those of you more interested in traditional art.

3D ART & SCULPTURE is just that. This contains both computer and traditional work.

WACOM, your best friend has discussions on various tablets, problem solving and tips.

“START!” is the taster of Level Up, and is free for members.

LEVEL UP is the full blown course, where you need to work hard to improve. This is subscription only, but at a very reasonable price.

COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
    – these are daily or weekly challenges intended to help you improve your overall art, have fun and make friends. Challenges from members or competitions (no spec work) from other places should be posted in the Challenge Arena.

OTHER ART contains forums for Graphics, Animation & Photography. Please note that the Photography section is only for members who produce art and photography is a hobby, and not a place for professional photographers to sell their wares.

GENERAL FORUMS is where you can relax, have a joke or a debate in the Lounge. Need some technical advice on art? Ask in Art Discussion. Support is checked several times a day. We also have the Tutorial sub forums.

JOBS & EMPLOYMENT does what it says on the tin.
    Last edited by Black Spot; April 15th, 2014 at 01:04 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How to post and put images in your posts

Post New Thread - pretty obvious, click +Post New Thread

Name:  postnewhtread.jpg
Views: 4153
Size:  28.3 KB

The Toolbar
    Name:  postnewhtread2a.jpg
Views: 4184
Size:  170.9 KB

Before uploading images, please make sure they are not too big and resize them before uploading; 1000px either way is large enough for comfortable browsing.

Quick Insert
    - this is when you just want to upload one picture quickly

A) From Computer - Click browse and navigate to where the picture you want to upload is then press Upload File(s) - it doesn't look like a button, but it is
    Name:  postnewhtread3.jpg
Views: 4176
Size:  31.2 KB

B) From URL - If you wish to get an image from somewhere on the net. By ticking the retrieve box, the forum will save it locally. Again make sure it isn't too big.

Name:  postnewhtread4.jpg
Views: 4176
Size:  43.4 KB

Attachment Manager will bring up a box like below. Click Add files or drag a previously uploaded file to the area indicated. You can upload more than one image this way. Press done. by clicking the side of the paperclip, you'll have the option as to which attachments to insert, or insert them all.

Name:  postnewhtread5.jpg
Views: 4169
Size:  153.2 KB Name:  postnewhtread6.jpg
Views: 4158
Size:  37.2 KB

Hyper Links If you don't want the url to show, highlight the word you want, and then insert the link. All links need to be inserted via the link button.
    Last edited by Black Spot; April 15th, 2014 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks

Editing Posts

We all make typos, and if you're quick your edit will not be type stamped.

Click edit button for a straightforward edit and the box will open up.
    Name:  postnewhtread7.jpg
Views: 4160
Size:  17.7 KB

If you want to change the image etc, you will need to go Advanced, where you will find the full toolbar as per above. You can also delete them here
    Name:  postnewhtread8.jpg
Views: 4116
Size:  60.0 KB

Please note moderators and Admin can read all edits and deletions.

Thanks

They're pretty easy - click on your name on the top black bar and see the drop down menu.

Please ensure that your Avatar is 100x100 and under 29.3Kb in size.

Name:  avatar1.jpg
Views: 4140
Size:  57.4 KB

With signatures you can link to your sketchbook, by copying and pasting the url as per above. New members may find that having a link in their signature will invariably lead to it being moderated.

Thanks

Local Groups

We have merged the Local Groups into the Lounge. All the links to the individual threads will be posted here in country order alphabetically, but some will be in loose groups. The links are to the first page only. Some threads are quieter than others and please pm me if you want to start a new one and want it included.

Australia
    Brisbane
    Melbourne
    Sydney

Belgium
    Belgium

Brazil
    Brasileiro e usuários da língua Portuguesa

Commonwealth of Independent States (СНГ)
    Commonwealth of Independent States (СНГ)

Canada
    Montreal - Québec- PQ
    Toronto
    Vancouver

Finland
    Finland

Germany
    Ansbach
    Berlin
    Germany?

Italy
    Florence
    Italia

Netherlands
    The Netherlands

New Zealand

New Zealand

Philippines
    Philippines

Scandinavia
    Denmark, or Sweden or.... Scandinavian UNITE!

Singapore
    Singapore

South Africa
    Durban

South America - mainly
    "Spanish Speaking Group"
    South America... (I'm in Ecuador)
    Spanish-Talking Group

Sweden
    Sweden

Turkey

Turkey

United Kingdom

United Kingdom

United States

CA: SF Bay Area / Berkeley Chapter
    Louisiana
    Boston Sketch Group!
    New York
    Southern California
    Portland, Oregon
    Northern California
    Central California Artists
    Atlanta Sketch Group
    Chicago
    North Carolina
    Hampton Roads, Virginia
    Calgary AB
    New Jersey
    Southern California
    Texas
    Arizona
    Last edited by Black Spot; April 16th, 2014 at 01:14 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks

Cool Hello i am Matesch

Hi its me Matesch

i am a Moron i lost the password to my freemail account
    where my old ca.org profile was linked !!

So I Lost all of my Former CA.org Friends ,
    i want to say hello to the crouwd !!

and i am into Processing

and making sound with reason and cubase

cheers M@ Bode
    /*/ KindGuyHwoLikesToDrawAndH4xxor/*/
    Sketchbook

Thanks

Do I introduce myself here?

Hi! I'm Joan Piqué Llorens. A junior illustrator and concept artist from Barcelona.

I'be been lurking around ConceptArt.org for a year or so before deciding to create an account and post here. I've seen a great community in here and I hope it will help me be more productive and learn something new everytime!

If you are curious you can check out some of my work here: www.joanpiquellorens.com
    As will always be the case with me, constructive comments, critiques and feedback is extremely encouraged.

My ultimate goal is to work for someone bigger than the scarce local market in Spain and live out of my skills. In the meantime I plan on getting better every-time if I can (and not planning to stop after either...).

I hope to become active and useful in this community! Suggestions on how to start on that are also welcome.

Thanks
    Hi, the name's Lore (pronounced Law-reh), my username (if it's not yet changed) is GTL Hideki. Ergo, call me GTL.

I joined this site in the hopes that I'd commit to drawing more regularly if I had an online sketchbook.

I created an account with the username Night Terror, but I can't remember the password, so I guess we'll stick with this one!

My goal (second only to making soundtracks, and trying to be Amon Tobin) is to make comics, first as a labor of love, and also to share my stories with the world.

Inspirations: 'Vampire Hunter D' style artwork (80s), Naoki Urasawa, Junji Ito... mostly manga and photorealism.

Thanks

Introduction

Hello everyone,

I am newbie, just wanted to express my knowledge and opinions about art and photography. I didn't find any suitable place to give my introduction so I am introducing myself here.

Hope to get good response from everyone.

Thanks

Thanks

Ultimate Introduction Power UNLEASHED!

I don't seem to be able to locate an introduction area, so I thought I'd make a thread here. I apologise if this is in the wrong place and I don't really expect anyone to reply to or read this as I think people generally skip over these things. I just thought I'd say hi and share a little about myself. I'll keep it brief.

I recently finished my BFA and while I enjoyed it, I didn't really gain any solid technical skills from my degree as the school I studied at was more focussed on development in a conceptual/analytical/theoretical capacity. I had a few foundation subjects in life drawing and a couple electives in printmaking and animation, but that was about it. Most of the work I created during study was mostly non-representational and in areas like installation/collage. I'm keeping up a studio practice in this work still and hope to build a career as a fine artist. I'm currently studying an online course in graphic design just to make myself more employable and an opportunity to build my skillset.

I joined up hoping to strengthen my figurative and representational drawing skills. I have a very basic grounding in painting and drawing, just a matter of practice I suppose. My representational skills will be terrible for a while, so hopefully I can learn as much as I can from everybody while I'm around here.

Thanks

Question The Search Function

Hello Everyone! I am Tristan, hailing from the deep woods of Upper Bucks County in PA. Forgive me if this is a question related to the beta and its been posted somewhere...but is the Search function not available due to the Beta and the overload it could put on the system, or am I totally blind and not seeing it? Love it here, thank you so much for all your hard work!
    Last edited by TristanSmith; May 24th, 2015 at 11:58 AM. Reason: grammar

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GTL Hideki View Post
    Hi, the name's Lore (pronounced Law-reh), my username (if it's not yet changed) is GTL Hideki. Ergo, call me GTL.

I joined this site in the hopes that I'd commit to drawing more regularly if I had an online sketchbook.

I created an account with the username Night Terror, but I can't remember the password, so I guess we'll stick with this one!

My goal (second only to making soundtracks, and trying to be Amon Tobin) is to make comics, first as a labor of love, and also to share my stories with the world.

Inspirations: 'Vampire Hunter D' style artwork (80s), Naoki Urasawa, Junji Ito... mostly manga and photorealism.

Vampire Hunter D - my favorite artist in the entire galaxy, the talented Mr. Yoshitaka Amano. I'm a fan of his Square Enix work - and just love his loose, airy approach. A master, a true master. So very cool to hear, and welcome to this awesome place!
    Last edited by TristanSmith; May 24th, 2015 at 12:03 PM. Reason: didn't quote, new to forum format with replies

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TristanSmith View Post
    Hello Everyone! I am Tristan, hailing from the deep woods of Upper Bucks County in PA. Forgive me if this is a question related to the beta and its been posted somewhere...but is the Search function not available due to the Beta and the overload it could put on the system, or am I totally blind and not seeing it? Love it here, thank you so much for all your hard work!
    Hi and welcome - the search function here is on the main forum page top right next to the chat box.

Thanks
    Hello everyone!!! I'm Pedped. I came from the Philippines and I am your typical I'm-so-confused-right-now-I-dunno-what-to-do-with-my-life-pls-help guy. It's been approximately 2 years since I've made this account and it is only recently that I have finally found the courage to create a sketchbook and be more active here. And since my sketchbook is near completion, I want to formally introduce myself here. I hope to meet people who shares the same dream and passion I have for drawing here. That's enough introduction I guess hehe, so now with my small boat I will sail this vast part of the ocean called conceptart.org (One Piece reference hehe) to finally chase my dream which is life in art. So Godspeed all! May all our dreams come true! and good drawing!

Thanks
    Hi guys, I'm new here!

Thanks
    *waves* Hello I'm new too! I've been sorta watching Conceptart from afar for years, I was super nervous to join; but I'm here now, and the community here looks so great and motivating I'm sorta kicking myself for not joining earlier. But better late then never I suppose B). I guess extra facts are my favorite artist is B0neface and in the future I want to do cool installations with art set to music! But for now I just wanna get in a good place with my art and draw what makes me happy.
    Im gonna try to make a sketchbook as soon as I finish all my summer assignments *pained laugh*

Thanks
    Greetings.

I'm an artist who became discouraged from the craft for many years, but within the last few I've come back to it slowly on my own free time. It's kinda hard though, becoming an adult and dealing with depression/anxiety and unrealistic expectations while trying to learn on your own. So, I decided to come here to hopefully make some friends and gain some support. I feel like I especially need help with learning how to create multiple concepts and not freak out over what's imperfect--also, I want to improve my environments. They're so big and vast, and I always want to create something amazing... so much so that I let it hurt my productivity, I think.

I just wanna meet somebody who likes vast horizons scattered with small signs of life; that specific feeling of observing life/existence from afar as if through a telescope... admiring the beauty of the world from a vantage point in which all the intricate social problems are unnoticeable. Basically, I like to portray the perspective of a stranger, someone who is unfamiliar with the details--the observer who can see the larger canvas.

Something about multiple long trips to visit family in my life, along with growing up in Michigan, created an appreciation for skylines and vast open spaces accompanied by human creation. To me, cities have potential to blend nature and human evolution into one entity, existing in aesthetic and functional harmony. I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, please call me Androidd or Android. I hope to have a good time here.

Thanks
    Hey everyone!
    I'm Rae, and I joined this website about ten minutes ago, I found this website whilst reading up on sketchbooks and stuff like that. I'm studying A-Level Fine Art, Graphic Design and Photography. Fine Art is definitely my passion and I'm about to start my very first sketchbook! Thought I would join this site because it seems like a nice community to share progress with and develop my skills. Thankyou everyone

Thanks
    Hello Everyone, I'm Stephan. Joined the website today. I wanted to pay for the Level Up course but most are saying that the teacher doesn't interact with the students anymore. Any one can tell me if the course is good for a non-artist who wants to become and also, i know that i will have to PM the teacher to get the password to the next part of the course. It seems pretty risky to pay for the course without the certitude that the teacher will reply and sent the password as he is not interacting anymore.

Anyone can advice me please

Thanks
    Jason was here a couple of week ago, and still doing crits. The early part of the course is set up so we do all help each other and some of those who have done the first stages still return to help those just starting the course. It's not exactly made for people who don't have a rudimentary skill in drawing, but every level will gain improvement.

Thanks
    Look at me, finally found the introduction thread!
    This forum is huge…!

Hey, I'm Christiane from Germany and I use an unnecessary amount of commata.
    As of now I've got a bachelors degree in communication design and whilst studying for my masters with an academic focus (being frustrated with "design") I slowly noticed what I've always missed in my life so far: drawing, serious drawing and painting.
    Just as many of you guys I hope to make maybe not an career but at least adequate living out of my true passion. Wishing to find some good feedback and pointers for learning I finally joined this place to push myself and stay motivated.
    It's a struggle we all face, I believe.
    And not being a native speaker practicing my English as well would be a bonus.
    This leaves me to hope I'll make a good addition to your forum and meet my goals one day.

Thanks

Hello, I'm Jacob Casey. Looking for artist connections!

Hello. I'm an artist and graphic designer, from England. My website here www.jacobcasey.co.uk (let me know what you think of it, it's new). I'm looking for artist connections and friends! Not sure what else to say, so I'll leave an artist review of myself.

"Jacob Casey, based in Leeds, is both an Artist and Graphic Designer who displays themes of natural occurrences and the psychedelic experience within his work. His work is widely inspired by Mother Nature, hence creating the hyperbolic fusion of both colours and patterns which appears throughout his artwork."

Thanks
    Hi to all! I am a professional artist originally from St. Petersburg (Mukhina / Stieglitz alum) Russia, now living in Montreal for many years. I'm looking forward to meeting you all here!

Thanks
    Good as ever to introduce my self, I am a would be artiest. Not in the way that I like the medium or the factual side of the subject ( School showed me tha bare face of it). Don't get me wrong I like looking at a nice picture as much as the next laymen just not into talking about it, much. Guess I just picked up a pencil as a child and that kicked off my fetish and abusive relationship with Art. But at the end of the day I just put squares into patterns that make up pictures or something resembling that. All ways looking to evolve my arsenal. Thank you for your time, I hope to show you my rudimentary art off soon.

that is a new one iv not seen before, I like it.

Thanks
    Hi everyone! I am an aspiring artist hopelessly dreaming of someday geting into animation/vis dev (god willing) art. A little about me, I slaved for 4 years earning a degree in something I had no passion for, and then worked for the government before finally mustering up what little courage I had in me to just get up and chase my dreams. So, i.e the insecurity is real LOL. Which is also why I've only ever lurked here and never posted. Everyone seems so talented here and I feel totally out of place. Sometimes, I feel like at 24, I'm way too old for this nonsense (as many in my family might say), and I get depressed seeing all of the young talents out there (and on here) doing work of a caliber I can only dream of reaching. 2016 was a weird ass year that caused me to do a lot of thinking in general...and I've come to the conclusion that you never know unless you try. After spending most of the past year back in school, I'm sure this is what I want. Even if I fail, which is a very real, very scary, very likely possibility IMO. I know I sound pessimistic, but I've actually been building up some confidence now that I have a clear idea of where I want to go. I'm not here looking for people to hold my hand and tell me it's going to be alright. I want to learn, and I want the learning to help me overcome the self doubt, but naturally. I hope I will gain a lot of valuable knowledge from this community here on out, and if I ever become so qualified, I hope to contribute as well. Anyway, thanks for reading my speil. When I get brave enough, I'd like to post one of those sketchbook things as well!

Thanks
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Silvia and I am from Italy. I have been drawing since I was a kid and I recently started working digital. It is a very different world to me, but I love it. I'd like to be part of an art community, as on Deviantart I rarely get noticed and I can't get feedbacks on my art because it gets lost in the crowd. I hope I will improve my skills inside this amazing community!

Thanks
    Hi there!
    Long story short I've decided to pursue art....whether or not this is a good idea will be determined with time.
    I know I have some degree of competency with a pencil and I believe I have potential for further improvement. I just hope it's enough.
    I was referred to this site from some pals on DeviantART.

I'm truthfully simply horrid with introductions so...Adieu

Thanks
    Brent from atlanta ga USA. Been doing art since forever but have had bouts of quiting numerous times. Getting back into it. Will think a about making a sketchbook.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast