C.O.W. #318. Jewelled Matriarch - Finals
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: C.O.W. #318. Jewelled Matriarch - Finals

Rob Powell is offline ...he draws aliens and doesn't afraid of anything...
    Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 588 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Post your final image and description here! No WIPs or placeholders allowed!!! I will delete them. Use the proper thread for this purpose.

Only 1 post per artist allowed! If necessary you may add questions in your post, if you need some last minute help, but actually the wip thread is the right place for this.

I will close the thread after the deadline and look through the images when setting up the poll. Entries which break one or more rules will be deleted.

Copy and paste the following lines and add your own content. Delete all * before posting. You can use the attachment function for the image as well. I will delete all replies, which are not posted this way.

USE THE ATTACHMENT MANAGER (post reply > go advanced > attachment manager - and use the paperclip icon to embed the image)! This way no images get lost over time.

[*B]Artist: [*COLOR=Black]your-nickname[/COLOR]

Concept: [*COLOR=Black]name-of-your-creature[/COLOR]

[/B]your-description

Round Requirements:
    -your creature is covered with gems, stones, minerals, all sorts of pretty things. Whether they collect them from their environment or they naturally grow as part of the anatomy.
    -you are designing the matriarch of the species, there must be some authority in it's appearance over other individuals of the species
    -you may show us some less impressive specimens as well, but the matriarch must be the main focus

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Almightydtron

Concept: Jewelled Matriarch

I imagined some sort of crustacean like creature. The one with all the bling on its back is the Matriarch. I guess they could be some sort of bio luminescent crystals that grow out of its back.

This is my first post ever. I'm not really sure if I uploaded this correctly :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Radiant Crystophant

Justin Jones: The Steamwork Jackal

The Radiant Crystophant is like most species of crystophant, however, unlike most of their species, the radiant crystophant do not shed their crystalline growths on a yearly cycle. Males grow very smooth and hard crystal, to serve as protection during fights from rival males. Females, who seek the attention of the males, grow very elaborate and jagged crystal growths, mostly for protection from predators. The matriarchs of each pod, is usually the eldest female with the highest birthrate.
    Matriarchs are viciously protected by the rest of the pod, up until the point where her skeleton becomes fully crystallized, locking her in place permanently until death comes.
    Natives often use the giant, crystal skeletons of passed matriarchs as way points and markers between villages.

My first COW challenge, I hope you all like it. And you will see much more of me in future COW challenges.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Jerryjr261

Protective of her litter - the Jewelled Matriarch is the rarest of species and her kind is fast approaching extinction as her gems are sought after by fierce hunters of the forest.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Vezun

Shell of jewels. Spikes of needle spikes. Not too shabby at running. Her camouflage is an invitation to the most ambitious of thieves. She's the biggest and baddest. WHY HAS SHE BEEN AWAKEN FROM HER SLUMBER???

Name:  4_17_14_cow_318_vezun.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  456.7 KB

flickr
    sketchbook
    webstite

Members who have read this thread: 51