Art: Futuristic Joust

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Futuristic Joust

well, i finished up my dsg sketch i made for Futuristic Joust... this is what came to mind for it...

the objective for them is to use their conjunctive plasma beams to throw each other out of their designated circle... over the course of the years, jousting has left behind the horse and traded the lance for a plasma beam

-Kurdt
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Heres some crits for you:

If you would have added some knightly elemts to the suit design, like a helmet plume or whatever, the joust thing would become somewhat clearer. Right now they look like two construction workers trying to kill eachother.

Some more details would be good to at some areas, especially on the two characters. The textures in the background and on the floor are too heavy, either knock it back or put some textures on the characters as well. You should save details and textures for the iimportant parts of the picture.

The plasma beams need to be brighter too if you want them to really shine, that would also let you put in some high contrast shadows and highlights on the characters.

Keep it up, it´s a cool idea, but i think it needs more work.

Your avatar is really cool though.

Thanks
    thanks for the crits olsen, i really enjoy you work, and dsg's... this is my first completely digital picture, no sketching out and scanning in before hand, and I just drew as it came to me, but I appreciate the crits and perhaps might go back and do them

-Kurdt

Thanks
    try doing one with more dynamic poses. right now they kind of equal each other out and make the comp too symetrical. also complimentary colors might help as well.

Thanks
    I agree with what OLSEN said about having helmet plumes, or something similar.
    Also, I think you should make their outfit more stylish. Make them different from each other. Like in boxing, where each person has their own color scheme.

I think the guy on the right should be much brighter, since the blast point is much closer to him.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.