dual monitor questions
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: dual monitor questions

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

dual monitor questions

i have a duel monitor setup. they are two different brands (one is an old monitor).

i notice when i turn on the second monitor the first gets all distorted/discolored for a moment (like a magnetic disturbence) then goes back to normal. also i see a barely noticeable line going down the screen every few seconds. so i'm thinking, is it really healthy to have two monitors right next to each other?

also, since they are two different brands, the Adobe gamma settings are different on each one. i set them up separately, but when i restart both monitors are calibrated with the last gamma setting i used. is it possible to have different settings on each monitor?

and a bonus question: my old monitor is very dark. i have brightness/contrast and gamma all set to the max but its still too dark. anyway to remedy this?

thanks and peace out, mofos.

Last edited by MrSmith; August 1st, 2004 at 06:55 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    don't set them up so close,

they're two different moniters so don't try to get them to look the same,

it's an old moniter, what do you expect?

have you ever degaussed? it's great idea.

and you just wanted to brag about your new toy, didn't you? c'mon... didn't you? either that... or the search button disappeared.

woah! holy crap batman! bizarre's in a foul mood! mal humor! no bien! no me gusta!

i need sleep. yo necessito siembre... i think it's siembre. whatever.

do a search, it'll help you find answers. and welcome to the world of double fisting. or whatever.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    perhaps a more intelligent response in the next reply...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh great! thanks for pointing me toward this great site called Google, i have never heard of it before. with google, who needs CA? everything can be found on Google so why bother coming here to ask questions? Especially since i ALREADY TRIED SEARCHING HERE FOR DUAL MONITOR THREADS and found nothing.

and work he should work on his spanish.

Last edited by MrSmith; August 1st, 2004 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    try checking your video card settings, since the video card is what spits out the output to the monitors. you might be able to edit the individual monotor's stuff that way (i have an nVidia card, and i have an icon in the system tray... i can do funny shit like rotate the output sideways... hehe.)
    i use one monitor to watch IRC, and the other one for surfing/drawing. hope that helps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you- "i have a duel monitor setup. they are two different brands (one is an old monitor)."
    i-
    oh boy. really? wow. zowee. awesome.

you-
    "i notice when i turn on the second monitor the first gets all distorted/discolored for a moment (like a magnetic disturbence) then goes back to normal. also i see a barely noticeable line going down the screen every few seconds. so i'm thinking, is it really healthy to have two monitors right next to each other?"

i-
    and so she says to me, she goes "NO!" and i'm all bummed out because i kinda had a hankerin for the pankerin tonight.. and you know...

no. and if you couldn't figure out that it's not healthy to have two moniters right next to each other, then... um, i'm not the dumb one here. sometimes, i feel like i'm not the smartest person in the room... when i'm all by myself...

anyways, i answered your question before.

"don't set them up so close, "
    "have you ever degaussed? it's great idea."

you-
    "also, since they are two different brands, the Adobe gamma settings are different on each one. i set them up separately, but when i restart both monitors are calibrated with the last gamma setting i used. is it possible to have different settings on each monitor?"

i-
    yes. it is.

you-
    "and a bonus question: my old monitor is very dark. i have brightness/contrast and gamma all set to the max but its still too dark. anyway to remedy this?"

i-
    "it's an old moniter, what do you expect? "

you-
    "thanks and peace out, mofos. "

i-
    "welcome to the world of double fisting. or whatever."
    if you didn't get it, i'm using a term usually describing the act of a person inserting two entire fists into... nevermind."

i got an idea. next time you want to call me stupid, you think about how much of an ass you're gonna look like when i'm right.

and um... like... i never even mentioned Google. so, like... where'd you get that? your clever sarcasm got lost in the mail. sorry folks.

okay, next time, do a search for "moniters" , "dual", "dual moniters", and any other combination you can think of. hell... you know what? i think i'll run a spiffy little search right here, right now, in my bathrobe, who cares if the neighbors' kids are watching, lemme get this thing out and show you how to work it!

OMG!

WOAH! I STARTED A THREAD JUST LIKE THIS! OMG!

okay, i admit it took a while to find ANYTHING, and even then it was luck that i found that.

best course of action would be to rtfm, or tell us what your system specs are or what kind of moniters, what kind of video card, so that maybe, just maybe, there's a chance that someone who has had a similar experience will pipe in and exclaim "eureka!" and something will explode, and they'll tell you what they did to fix it.

oh and you totally burned me, man... so here's like... a word of advice and stuff. don't harass the locals. mmmkay?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.