Monkabit - Compostion 1.1

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Monkabit - Compostion 1.1

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Monkabit - Compostion 1.1

Hello,

This is my first time doing one of these. I'm not used to this under such a tight time limit, but it was fun no less. I'll continue on.

First painting I chose was Bierstadt. I am particularly fond of his landscapes but this one I thought was really hard. I noticed that this one had emphasis and rhythm; rhythm most of all, due to the opening that is slightly centered in the piece, also seems to serve as a point to notice everything else. As for Emphasis, the sandbar/island, the lighting helps to point out what's being focused on in the piece.

I noticed now and while working that my shapes were all mangled and whatnot and that I need to slow down.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,999 Times in 2,565 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    if you need to spend a little more time on them you may. speed will come. mainly i would like you to slow down a little and make sure that you map out your shapes as accurately as you can. your tree for example is a little large. but overall even the biggest shapes can be double and triple checked. flip the images horizontally and vertically if you want to see them with a fresh eye. you can do this every minute or so at least. it should be part of your process.

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 30% off!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 8