What happened to Joe Madureira ??
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: What happened to Joe Madureira ??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

What happened to Joe Madureira ??

Anyone know what this guy is up to nowadays?

still trying to make a way for himself in the games industry?

just curious.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some info can be found here http://joemadfan.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you do a googlesearch on Exarch by NCsoft (publisher, forgot the developer studio ) you will find some stuff.

All our time has come Here but now they're gone...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Exarch is dead. i'm not sure what mad is doing now, though. just covers now and the i guess.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Exarch is Long GONE, but MAD is still with NCSoft as Concept Artist. I saw him a lil bit at E3 2004.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbot

Dougbot, "Are you calling me fat? Really? How come?"
    xiataptara.com
    How to draw and paint *WARNING: You have been warned!*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks for posting my site Denart and yeah like it says on there he will be doing 6 covers for the upcoming DarkStalkers. Other than that he has moved on to a new project at NcSoft something other than Tabula Rasa. Plus there's the new Street Fighter back up story which isn't finished yet, but that should be soon too. I have the pencils to the cover of the upcoming Street Fighter cover I'm just waiting for Udon to give the go ahead to post it, so as soon as they say go it will be up.

joemadfan.com I run this site

nathensprings.net coming soon!

My Sketchbook updated 3/27/06

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wasn't he working on that BROM game ? What happened with that ?

Milpitas, California, United States, Earth
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And when the hell is he going to either finish Battle Chasers! or just come clean and tell us it's dead? Eh? C'mon, man! We wanna KNOW!

-JEM

So... What would you little
    maniacs like to do first?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing 6! SIX! covers! Dear God I hope that mean's there is more than ONE book. 6 covers ..no BattleChasers.

-Joshua

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know, for someone who swore up and down in a letters column that he'd never ever let BC die, it would certainly seem that he's done just that.

I love the guys work. I love his handling of subject matter. He freakin' invented Blink, for crying out loud. But if he's not gonna do something, there's no shame in just saying so.

Or maybe I'm just weird.

-JEM

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not sure if people are wanting me to answer that. I have no idea when of if he's going back to battle chasers. On the video of him drawing my sketch from E3 it doesn't sound like it at least not for awhile. Plus he has already moved on to something else at NcSoft like I said, so it won't be til at least after and then who knows. I could ask him but I don't want to be rude. I like the stuff he is doing now just as much as Battle Chasers. It really doesn't bother me as long as there is art to be seen.

about the Brom thing I never heard anything about that so I don't know.

Plus I think that the Darkstalkers is only a 6 issue mini series I'm not sure if that's right though. I'm sure Udon will find a way to stretch it further even if it is. I don't think the six covers are all for issue though. Even if they are I'll buy them so at least they got one sucker to buy all of them, but again I don't think they are.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman!
    I'm not sure if people are wanting me to answer that. I have no idea when of if he's going back to battle chasers. On the video of him drawing my sketch from E3 it doesn't sound like it at least not for awhile. Plus he has already moved on to something else at NcSoft like I said, so it won't be til at least after and then who knows. I could ask him but I don't want to be rude. I like the stuff he is doing now just as much as Battle Chasers. It really doesn't bother me as long as there is art to be seen.
    I respectfully disagree. I, and several others like me, would very much like a solid answer on the topic of Battle Chasers. It's literally been years since he told folks that they should not worry, that he would not forget about the comic, and that it would be finished. He had a story to tell, and many people would like to see it completed. The excuse of "moving on" to other things is just that - an excuse. If he has other jobs to do, that's fine, but that doesn't give him the freedom to completely disregard something he said he would do. I work ten hours a day, five days a week, at my "regular job" (not counting over time) and I still find time to work on projects for the various RPG companies I freelance for, write scripts for my web comic, edit other people's works, contribute to various forums, and spend time with my fiancee (not as much as I'd like, mind you, but I do spend time with her).

I won't fall over in a fit of screaming childishness if Joe pipes up and says that he's going to have to bow out of bringing us BC. In fact, I'll respect him more than I do now. There's no shame in admitting that you can't do something, for whatever reason. But dodging questions, failing to deliver on promises, and stringing people along only discredit him in the eyes of his fans.

I mean what I say - I love the guy's work. I'm a very large fan of his skills and I respect him as an artist and as a creator. But he's a running joke at every comic shop I frequent, as is Battle Chasers, and honestly, that bothers me. I would think it would bother him, as well - he is a wonderful and creative person - but saying he'll do something, and then failing to do so for the several years that it's been - that doesn't do much to build his credibility.

"Moving on" is a common excuse for "just don't want to do it any more," and that's fine. If he wants to finish what he started, then he should. I will smile knowingly and tell the people at my friendly local comic stores to shut the hell up and take their beatings quietly when he does. But what about the opposite? If he doesn't, will it really harm him to just say so? It would certainly free him from a commitment that he once made, and wanted, that has become a burdensome obligation, don't you think?

My .02. Your mileage can and should vary.

-JEM

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When I said he moved on I meant from Tabula Rasa to a new project. I wasn't offering it as an excuse like after BC he just moved on type thing. So don't take it as something he said I was just explaining what he was currently doing project wise.

I don't want to start a flame war or whatever so I'm just going to stay out of this one. I could reply to everthing you said with an answer, but I've done it so many times no one ever listens to them and I doubt I will change anyones mind. It just gets tiresome to go to message boards and post about something that he is currently doing and all the replys are all about BC. They always get heated and I really like these boards and I don't want to have to not be apart of them. I just posted a reply to someone question to what he was doing that's all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Madman!
    When I said he moved on I meant from Tabula Rasa to a new project. I wasn't offering it as an excuse like after BC he just moved on type thing. So don't take it as something he said I was just explaining what he was currently doing project wise.

I don't want to start a flame war or whatever so I'm just going to stay out of this one. I could reply to everthing you said with an answer, but I've done it so many times no one ever listens to them and I doubt I will change anyones mind. It just gets tiresome to go to message boards and post about something that he is currently doing and all the replys are all about BC. They always get heated and I really like these boards and I don't want to have to not be apart of them. I just posted a reply to someone question to what he was doing that's all.
    If what I wrote came off as trying to start a flame war, I'm very truly sorry. That was not, and never will be, my intent. Please don't take it that way.

I'm thrilled to hear what he's doing, project-wise, and look forward to seeing his work (can I say enough how much I love his stuff? No? Okay, I'll keep doing so!) - but there are a bunch of unanswered questions in my (and other's) head about his work and his schedules, and so near-to-the-man-fansites or no, solid answers will be the only way to exorcise them. I'm personally SICK of the folks at my local stores bashing him and his work (among other folks) - the owners of one store and I try to renegotiate the conversations and move them off of those topics, but they always come back to them.

In my very clumsy way I was trying to find some sort of clinging point that I could take back with me - a shard of light or something, if you will - and use to add emphasis to my point.

I misunderstood your use of the term "moving on" and I apologize for that. Let us put that aside and, instead, talk about the very very very hot chicks that Joe draws for very very very well, yes?

-JEM

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I understand the wanting to know a definte answer. I would love to see BC come back and to know excatly when that would happen. If I came across as one of the people with the so near to him fan sites I'm sorry too. When I created my site I just made it cause he was my favorite artist. I never thought that Mad! would write me and send me art. I don't know him really other than that or what I can buy or read on the net. He just writes me every now and then with pencils and little bits of info. I guess people see that he sends me stuff on the site and they think I'm best friends with him or we hang out. I mean in my head I would like to think we are becoming friends. Like for the new project at NcSoft I have no clue what it is, that's all he said. As far his schedule I just get what is given to me I'm just as surpised as everyone else. I could dig more into asking him questions about things, but I figure I would scare him away and any news is better than none. Plus it means something to me personally so I don't want to ruin it.

This is a side note...I was wondering if anyone knows a way I could resize the video of him drawing. It's like 125mb and I can get it down to 35mb but it always loses the sound it's in quicktime. Plus a place to store it. I have a pretty big site, but I don't know if I have enough if a bunch of people download it. My site is 4000mb of space and 100gbs of transfer. So does anyone know a way to resize it without losing the sound and a place to hold it or if my site would be capable of handling it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you should have your site hosted by php webhosting

check out their awesome awesome bandwidth plan....something like, "as much as you need"
    http://www.phpwebhosting.com/host_details.html#transfer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was wondering if anyone knows a way I could resize the video of him drawing.
    Use Divx codec. Output to something more or less 320 x 240. Find a res where a viewer can still perceive the pencil or pen lines.

Break up the the huge file into smaller chunks.

Compress to .zip or .rar files.

Hope any of these options work for you. Looking forward to Joe in action

Oh yeah, once you have smaller file sizes ask for people who'll volunteer to mirror them.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.