Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Thanks
    Those attachments doesn't work but if you wanna work on centaur piece I would suggest you to work on horses anatomy bones and muscles, as for shading goes you need to go way way darker for shadows and don't forget to study from life, simple still life with pencil using one light is great practice for light you have probably seen these. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Wm...xR6Zn6&index=5 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dqG...xR6Zn6&index=6

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to stonec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    As awkward as it is to say, looking at your last few drawings you might need some references for drawing boobs. They are looking a bit rock hard.

Thanks
    True... and I didn't really get to experience a large chuck of it, because I got my first computer in like 2007 :,)

Well it's good to take your time and really think while you work, instead of brain-deadly pumping out sketches. I do that sometimes, more often than not, actually, and I do not learn much from it. I learn much better from a slow and thought-through sketch...
    And hell yeah, a niche is a good place to be, if you fill it with love and care haha
    lol I should, and you should coreograph the shit out of the things you want to do If you have the time for it... and either way it counts to dance alone in your room right...? :^)
    Yeah if anybody had to be perfect to get work, nobody would have work... but there is always a project fitting a certain artist and there's one for you, too.
    Ohh that's really interesting stuff, I like reading and hearing about topics like that now and then because it might be quite the big topic, but it's not too... far away from reality and common understanding... like chemistry. It's really not applicable in everyday life. So studies that give you the opportunity to sort of make more sense of the world around you and the texts you read- pretty cool stuff.
    and I study chemistry, finished my B.Sc. 2 years ago...
    Still working on figuring out krita? I can try to help as much as I can lolbut I'm no master myself. But I did use it for a few years irregularily
    Exactly I love the diversity P: And same-face syndrome is so easy to fall into... the convenience lol, but I am trying not to be too horrible when it comes to that. I'm one of those artists who make characters look slightly like themselves by accident. Long face and nose, small hands... oops
    Yeah I'll definteily keep using krita but first I need a graphic tablet.. I wanted to buy one last week btu forgot, and so it gets postponed more and more lol but I will eventually get one I swear :,DD
    Portrait painter But the rest of the painting can be a ton of fun, even if it feels odd at first to tackle it. I'm also only starting to do backgrounds more...
    Ahhh, a huion, gonna check dat out, I've been considering that brand, too.

Your attatchments in the 2nd post dont work D:

Hmm when you draw arms they often look like sticks, the same diameter all around and tube shaped, when in fact limbs are irregular forms.
    Really cool shading n the pencil drawings!

Thanks
    @AJams Tried to answer this earlier, been away because of uni. To be honesty I was just focusing on shading the hair and I half-assed everything else. I hoped the floating picture that I attached showed a marked improvement, I'll reupload once I have the time. Hopefully, I'll be able to draw boobs less tacked on.
    Come say Hi! I could always use a boost.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...r-s-sketchbook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mkingamess View Post
    Sorry, it took so long to reply been busy with uni work so I haven't had the time or motivation to work on my art. Getting access to a printer is also difficult, but I'll see what I can do in my uni's library. The only recent thing I've done is a picture of Rosa Parks for the student newpaper. Thank, you for being such a beacon of positivity, even when I'm not and your endless encouragement. I really do appreciate it. I feel my work is pretty samey and I'm trying to break out of my comfort zone I just get paranoid of people picking out my flaws and getting frustrated when I don't make fast improvement. What I can see of your digital work, you know way more than you give yourself credit for. Did you get a Huion in the end?

Hmmm, you're right. Arms and legs are definitely one of my weak points. Ahhh, so much to work on it feels overwhelming. I've been suffering from artist's block from a while lately. When to a jazz concert, Saw Kamaal Williams and feel really inspired to sketch jazz musicians. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dTch-9KUaQ

Thanks
    Woah you're already doing stuff for a newspaper? that's super rad! You're making your talent known That's the right thing to do and uni is a great place for that. I hope uni isn't too much right now and I hope you're having atleast a little bit of fun right now
    thank you so much! Positivity is a driving force, and if that doesn't work and you feel empty, do it out of spite against that emptiness (I know it's not that easy usually...)
    Actually I had to go to the hardware store with my father and he asked me if I needed acything but a keyboard, I mentioned a graphic tablet but tried to just like mumble it away, but he went and got me a wacom intuos (medium size) That's one expensive tablet! It is working really good though! had a few software problems but that's settled. my bday/christmas gift came a bit early this year lol

Inspiration can come from anywhere and music seems to be quite a big influence on you in general Such thigns are great to get over a blockage and force inspiration to come. I like this dude's music, jazz is something I'm falling in-and-out of love with on a regular basis, it's time for another jazz and blues spurt for me actually, hehe Interesting guy, too, I really like the video, and I like morocco

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mkingamess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Where'd you go man? No excuses! You were making a ton of progress. Get back in here!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DESQUOLOR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sorry, I been busy with university work, and now the during the Christmas holidays: revision. However, I now have time to post! I'll be posting up some digital stuff, but I also have a lot of sketchbook, unfortunately my mum's scanner Isn't working. I guess I'll just have to wait till uni.
    Name:  profile.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  245.3 KB
    Really happy with this value study over all, but I feel I overworked the eye.
    Name:  MUSCLE!.jpg
Size:  302.9 KB
    Name:  KUNGFUPOSE.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  262.4 KB

Wanted to draw Wonder Women, I attempted to paint the values in another layer, but I feel I lost some real subtleties.
    Name:  dianaline.jpg
Size:  216.8 KB
    Name:  dianapaint.jpg
Size:  232.1 KB

More WW:
    Name:  Dianaback.jpg
Size:  242.4 KBTrying to colour, but it's not going as well as I'd like. Can't get the colours to pop, any help would be great.
    Name:  Dianarunshield.jpg
Size:  275.5 KBWonder running, and uneven shield!
    Name:  WWArmcross.jpg
Size:  174.1 KBMust know how to blend. Stuck, again.

Tried to draw off the whim from imagination by of my comfort zone to practice lighting and angles. It's hard OK? And, I still don't know how to colour and drawing jaws titling up is a bitch.
    Name:  greyface.jpg
Size:  290.3 KBName:  handlie.jpg
Size:  292.1 KB

Thanks
    WIPs:
    Name:  bowandarrowsaloon.jpg
Size:  227.1 KBName:  spacefloat.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  58.2 KB She's /meant/ to be floating in a space station.
    Name:  Swordholding.jpg
Size:  204.8 KBName:  BWFallFight.jpg
Size:  290.4 KB

And some bird blue creature practice thing.
    Name:  birdcreatureHS.jpg
Size:  217.2 KB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mkingamess View Post
    And, looking at the stuff you've produced already I could use some tips. Very skilled. Here it is, if you were wondering. It got a full page spread, which was nice. Name:  RosaParks.jpg
Size:  45.1 KB Still not confident with colours, so B/W it is. Well, thank you for being such a ray of sunshine. I'm trying to aim to be more positive and draw what I like when I like, even if the outcome is not what I'd ultimately desire. You're super lucky! I'll like to eventually buy the £50 intuos. Mum wants me to make a list for next Xmas, but I wonder if a new tablet will be out of the price range?

It was great to get an autograph and a picture, I talked to a Broken Beat DJ about doing some design work for a label. He said sure just send me your details, but I don't think me design work is suitable enough, right now. I still need to learn graphic design skills.

Hope you've been well.

Thanks
    I love your Wonder Woman drawings and value studies! Amazing work!
    ~Stephanie Cruz (aka Persephone Black)
    Tumblr
    Sketchbook
    Instagram

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Persephone_Black For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you, Lovely!

I'm liking the way you colour.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5