DanRob - Composition 1.1 - Page 2

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DanRob - Composition 1.1

Thanks
    Name:  Frazetta.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  188.1 KB

Thank you for the kind words. I think I'm going to stick to doing Frazettas for the last few since they inspire my current work the most. Another 1 hour that I just ran out of time. Tried to be a little looser but still conscious of edges and values..

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,988 Times in 2,554 Posts
    great job with your values...your overall mapping and shapes are coming along well...as are your edges. try to cut your time down a little...even by one minute...and use that minute to double check your values. if you do you will see things like her leg needing a little more light and dark accents needed elsewhere.

best

jm

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 30% off!

Thanks
    Name:  Frazetta3.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  212.4 KB

Tried this one a little differently and used some layers. I think I like it better though it made me feel more comfortable getting caught up in small details, which made me get about half done in 45 minutes.

Thanks
    now your values are hitting it...great job. your light shape at the bottom is just a little too light but the rest is looking really solid. look for all the little pops of light, like atop the wizards head.

lastly, now is when you go through and carve out your sharp edges in a way that is close to the original. this piece is very very reliant upon edges for the space and action to work.

keep up the great work.

j

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 30% off!

Thanks
    First one in a week. Glad to be back at it but I can tell even a little bit of time off makes me 'out of practice'

Name:  Icarus.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  162.1 KB

Thanks
    Name:  Degas.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  340.2 KB

Number 20! I've always loved these dancer paintings but now for so many more reasons. Since the dancers themselves are all very close to the same value contrasts (not a lot of atmospheric perspective) He is able to link lines throughout multiple figures. My favorite part is the left arm(our right) of the dancer closest to us. That dark line from her arm continues in into the shadows of the bottom of the dresses on the figures in the background. It is also fun how he has multiple figures pointing to the left, but the receding arrangement creates a triangle pointing to the right, ending with the girl stretching her foot to make the point of the triangle.

I think I'm ready for the ten hour study now

Thanks
    excellent job. you are definitely ready. go for it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 62