No way to calibrate Cintiq pen

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

No way to calibrate Cintiq pen

I'm connecting my old Cintiq 18sx to my new Windows 8 laptop today. I already had an Intuos tablet installed on it.
    Today I installed the newest driver from Wacom.com. The Cintiq works. But I'm unable to calibrate the pen. Under Tablet Properties does not list the Cintiq, only the Intuos.

I don't get the impression that the Cintiq is too old for this computer. There must be another explanation. Does it have something to do with Windows 8 including tablet PC stuff? My laptop is not a tabletpc or a touch screen but includes the same software I believe.

For uninstalling drivers, is it done via the unintall programs list? Or is there another way to completely remove old drivers?

I hate windows 8!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Windows 8.1 surely isn't the problem.
    I'm using for over 3 months now and it works like a charm!

Try deinstalling everything again and then ONLY install everything related to the cintiq. Also make sure to plug the cintiq in AFTER you installed its drivers.
    If that doesn't work ask google how to delete a driver completely. And that's not the fault auf Windows 8. I hate how people keep hating the new OS.

Cheers!
    -Lukas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I do not have either windows 8 or the 18sx, but I had a ton of driver issues on windows 7 with intuos3, intuos5, and cintiq 12wx, so I did a bunch of research and found this tool that did wonders for me: http://viziblr.com/news/2011/8/13/fi...windows-7.html

Though it is probably included in the tool, I also went into the windows registry keys and disabled the windows tablet drivers prior to using this tool, but like I said, I believe that is part of the function of this tool.

Members who have read this thread: 8