Thanks

Buxu - Color and Light 1.1

hello this is my selfie. and its the best by far, normally i rush my art but i followed the advice and took my time, im glad i did it, learn a ton.
    Its low key, a lamp with drapery covering the light that comes from below. (originally i tried direct light but it was hurting my eyes).

Buxu - Color and Light 1.1

observations

mass light: im having a hard time with this but i think the mass light is on
    all the planes that face straight ahead and below wich creates alot of separated mass lights, i think...

transition: mostly all soft transitions due to the fact that the lamp was covered with drapery

highlight: i saw 4 high lights, in the eyes, in the headphones, the nose and the bone of the throat

mass shadow: all the planes that face sides and above

reflected light: there was a bit coming from a wall, left side of the face.

core shadow: the light is too soft but i think the core shadow is on the chickbone and the nose (the part that faces above) im not sure though, is all too soft.

cast shadow: in the mouth and the nose, this one is big and covers a bit of the eye. this cast shadow get softer as it
    goes away from the nose.

Noticing is more hard then what i thought but i think it helps to stuck the info in my head, thx.
    Last edited by Buxu; February 5th, 2014 at 04:33 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    great mood in this piece. for the purposes of figuring out the theory, maybe set up a light source a bit more like rembrandt, with the loop under the nose. 3/4 view. This will simplify the light pattern and let you break it down more easily. Keep up the great work too.

jason