Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Raoul Duke - It's cool to see a poll even if there's only 2 entries. Cheers again for the awesome topic dude.

Carnal - Your entry came out great, it reminds me of a film poster the way you've laid out the comp. Lot's of story elements too which is great. In terms of crits, I think there's a couple of elements which jump out at me the most which could use improvements. The first is your structure and anatomy. The figures at the bottom and the face at the top right are a bit wonky and warped in proportions. There's no real easy way to fix this than a ton of studies. Starting with the Loomis books is always a good place to begin. Correct me if I'm wrong, and im sorry if I am but I get the impression that you used a lot of refs for your piece. But without the fundamental knowledge of anatomy, form and values it will only help you so far.

The second point is the colours. I see you went for a orange and blue contrast effect, which is effective if used well. But here for me it feels out of place. Some more subtle desaturated colours to match a few sharp ones would have been nice, though I guess that's more of a taste thing. The orange and blue could have worked too, if you had done a soft orange light with perhaps a blue sky behind, but instead it looks like you just went over it with an overlay without any real consideration for the light sources.

They sound quite harsh so sorry if it came across that way, overall I think it's a great piece like I said. Defiantly want to see more of your stuff in the future and see how you improve. I hope this helps either way, and great job for reaching the polls too, you did well.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the crits Warburton. I may need to slow down on the rush factor and focus on a few challenges at a time also. It is not good to have 7 lame entries instead of 1 to 3 decent ones.. i need practice in slow mo before fast forward. Lol. Thanks again and see ya around.

Members who have read this thread: 167