Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts

Welcome! - Please introduce yourself.

Hi!

Welcome to the new workshop program. This micro-community we are building is one of constructive critique, passionate pursuit of art, and friendship. Please introduce yourself and welcome to the fray!

LevelUp Member Hangout: Google Hangout (Open 24/7)
    Technical Issues: David Ahmad

Jason Manley
    founder
    conceptart.org
    Last edited by David A; August 11th, 2014 at 03:25 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi all,

Long time lurker on these forums and seen many changes and dramas. I quit my day job to improve my art. This will be my new university for the next 12 months. I hope to improve to professional level so I can get a job I am passionate about and love.

I have not posted on leveup yet, but you can see my Composition 1.1 at the link below.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=275006

looking forward to the development of this place.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hah, only just noticed this thread. Dunno why I missed it for two weeks.

Hey guys! I'm Saukem, 26 and working as an animator for online stuff. Not a lot of frame-by-frame animation unfortunately, since that'd help tremendously with drawing. I'm more of an After Effects guy. But still, it's nice to do something creative as a day job (even though it's not what I want to do, creatively).

Saw Levelup starting up and immediately signed up! This is now filling most of my evenings and weekends. Shamefully I must admit I haven't done much critiquing and feedbacking on other people's stuff, but that's mainly cos I don't consider myself good enough to be doing that yet. Won't really know what I'm talking about.

Looking forward to being part of this community.

Thanks
    Hey people,
    I'm Ube M, just turned 19,I'm new here.
    I had a realization, after taking college business courses that I wanted to become a professional artist. Which lead me straight here, and am very fortunate to find such an amazing community.

Currently enrolled as a full time student in community college, but I've been skipping all my classes in pursuit of art improvement and I feel it's been paying off very well. No more government money haha.

Can't wait to see mine and everyone's progress, thanks CA.org and J for this awesome environment.
    I'll probably add most as friends so I can track progress and critique more often.
    |SKETCHBOOK| |ARTSTATION| |DEVIANTART| |INSTAGRAM| |FACEBOOK|
    Recommended books:

To improve - Peak: Science of Expertise

For self discipline- Atomic Habits

To be happy - The Power of Now

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ubem For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hi all
    I'm 22 year old guy from finland and hoping to be professional some day, currently working on two 100 day challenges (anatomy + still life) so hopefully I can connect those with this
    looking forward to see how much people improve with this

Thanks
    Awww yeah!! Feels good to be in here - been meaning to sign up for a while now but kept putting it off. My name's Mike. I came here to chew bubblegum and paint -- and I'm all out of bubblegum.
    "Figure drawing prepares you for painting at a high level" - Jeff Watts

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Hi Guys Chris here, looking forward to improving my skills

Thanks
    Hey everyone~

I'm Taylor. I'm a 22 year old recent grad. I studied film and writing in college, but ended up with an art history minor and two credits shy of an art major without realizing it. I am pursuing writing professionally, but realized my biggest regret in high school and college was not taking my art more seriously for fear of not being good enough, so this is my gift to myself. In an ideal universe, I'd love to be able to include original concept art in pitches/scripts for shows and movies!
    Sketchbook||DeviantArt||Tumblr

Every artist was first an amateur. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks
    Welcome to the path to glory guys!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Saukem For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hello,
    My name is Coby. I am 34 and super busy with work and wife and 3 kids. I never attended college for art I just have loved doing it since I was knee high and decided to take it seriously about 3 years ago. Hoping to quit my day job and start freelance work. When it comes to studying I find my self lost and just thought the guidance would be good to help me with my skills. So i Joined. Excited to see everyone's process and progress.

Thanks
    Greetings to everyone.

I have been learning on my own for quite some time and procrastinating quite abit and not really learning anything. I am hoping by joining Levelup that I can push myself with like minded people also doing the same workshops and going into a positive mindset of not worrying about if I fail as long as I learn and progress.

Thanks
    Cheers Shnaps! I raise a glass to you my friend! It's brandy coffee though, not schnapps…

(and it's a mug)
    "Figure drawing prepares you for painting at a high level" - Jeff Watts

Sketchbook

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkstrider For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey thanks man. Positive mindset and lets do this.

Thanks
    The not worrying if you fail, as long as you're doing it -- amen to that. So hard, so vital!
    Sketchbook||DeviantArt||Tumblr

Every artist was first an amateur. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks
    Hey guys, J here. I, like a lot of others, have never been the most disciplined of students, but thankfully that changed recently and I have made so much improvement that I hate myself for not changing sooner. Having said that, I thought joining LevelUp would be just the thing to not only get feedback but also push me further. I have to admit that being more confident with drawing than painting, and having never done a master study until starting here, I was pretty intimidated, but seeing everyone else take up the challenge I couldn't really turn it down.

Thanks
    Hi all,
    I'm here to improve my skills and maybe one day do freelance illustration as a side job. I'm currently finishing up my engineering degree at school, so I don't have a ton of free time, but I'm going to do my best! I'm hoping it will get me off the artistic plateau of mediocrity I've been stuck on for the last several years.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 897 Posts
    hoo boy! here I am, super excited as always
    so who am I? hmmm. 37, born and bred in Amsterdam. married and mother of 2 and a cat, karate black belt and co-owner of an Arab horse. I have an art-teaching degree and an animation degree (2d with a little added courses for 3d), the last 5 years I've worked at a gaming company making 3d animations. sadly, most of that work is lost when they let me go half a year ago on account of the company taking a turn toward mobile games. I still disagree with that meaning less or no animation needed, but that was not my decision, so I wish them all the best and hope they make it in that dog-eat dog world of Amsterdam games anyway.
    well, loosing my job has given me some time to figure out what I wanted and ofc provide a little extra time for my eldest, a boy just starting out in school (4) and having a bit of trouble fitting in.
    well, I've looked around and decided what I want is do free-lance work in concept art. I've let my drawing go a bit the last five years, working and creating a little family. but I'm working hard the last few months, and I hope to get the last boost from these workshops to get my work to a professional level. hopefully I can get started and provide for myself in about half a year; if not, I might have to find a different source of income.
    well, I'm positive I can do it, so here I am!
    SKETCHBOOK - my website - facebook company page
    ooh yeah; did you know I'm a certified art-teacher? that's right. everything arty I say has been endorsed by the state of the Netherlands! (they'll be sorry soon)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ashess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hello!

I'm 29 and studying Game Development at a community college. I've a B.A. in English, but I always regretted not studying art.

Finally, last year, I couldn't take it anymore. So, I started from scratch, registered at the college, and I've been voraciously studying and practicing everyday since. My ultimate goal is to work as a professional artist in the game industry.

I'm pretty excited about LevelUp! It's a pleasure to meet you all.
    Last edited by Kyle Mears; March 1st, 2014 at 06:26 PM.

Thanks
    Hey guys, so I have finally decided to try out LevelUp as well, kick my butt a bit. Something about me, 26, currently living in the UK, have a background in architecture and a B.A. in Fine Art, which hasn't really helped me much in achieving my goal to join the industry. Hoping to gain some knowledge with you guys!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ancientdrake For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi!

Well, hi there!

I'm 26 and I have been interested in art and drawn for pleasure since I was a kid. For a bit (teenage years/young adult-ness), I didn't do it as much and most of it were scribbles on my notebooks when I was bored in class. Which was quite often to be honest
    I decided to take it seriously recently though, around 2 years ago. So now that I finished college I'm interested in making the most out of art and learning as fast as I can, so I think this workshop is for me!

I should try and scan the drawings I have done in the last year, mostly in a workshop I attended for some time.
    I think I'm capable when it comes to copying things, but I want to be able to invent things and feel like I've done a good job when I look at them.
    I bought Michael Hampton's figure drawing book as my main interest is being able to draw people realistically, and I'm about to finish it. It's been really helpful this far!

One of the things I hope this will help me with is the steep learning curve that I feel in the passage from traditional to digital art.

Anyway, glad to meet you, and let's do art together!
    I'm here to learn, nice to meet you all!
    My sketchbook: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=236160

Thanks
    Hello,
    My name is jawad ayub i'm from Pakistan currently i'm business-man in manufacturing field but my passion for art always pursue me to improve my skills, I have studied composition course with Jason Manley and his knowledge regarding the subject matter has improved my skills before.Join Level up! and want to follow the proper course so i can improve myself more.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,
    My name is jawad ayub i'm from Pakistan currently i'm business-man in manufacturing field but my passion for art always pursue me to improve my skills, I have studied composition course with Jason Manley and his knowledge regarding the subject matter has improved my skills before.Join Level up! and want to follow the proper course so i can improve myself more.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

Thanks
    Hi everyone, I'm a first year student at Grand Central Academy. Hope to learn from Jason and grow with everyone here.
    If you have a moment, Help me improve with critiques. thank you Sketchbook

Awesome Sketchbooks
    nim Mechanical Man King Kostas

Thanks
    Hello!
    First of all, i want to thank Jason for making this awesome workshop.
    I've decided to take this workshop because i'm unable to motivate myself to draw regularly (._. )
    I think that the learning process can be fun if there's someone who struggles along with you. Thus i hope that i will make some art buddies!
    I'm 23 y/o animation appreciator. I grew up watching cartoon network and LOTS of anime, so i mostly get my inspiration from anime related stuff.
    My goal is to draw really well so i can make a living from it.
    Also my English is very poor /it took me almost 1 hour to write this post orz / so i hope i'm gonna LevelUP my language skills aswell :D

Thanks
    Hi everyone !
    I'm 21, I just finished my art school, specifically in video games.
    As I learned many things there (2D, 3D modeling/aniamtion, Game/Level Design) I didn't have the time to really improve my skills in digital art to a professional level.
    So I hope that I can achieve my goal with the help of this workshop !

@m-O : your english is good enough

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Fincks For This Useful Post:

m-O

Thanks
    Hey good people,

I finished a degree in film making last year, am 26 and am seriously interested in taking my artwork to a professional level. I registered on Ca.org so many years ago but had not been visiting it for most of the intervening years. Getting involved with art direction in school films really reignited my desire to pursue concept art/ entertainment design.
    I look forward to learning together with everyone here (:

Cheers

Thanks
    Hi my name is Bri and I'm from bonnie Scotland. It is my dream to become a working artist. I wish you all success and happiness in life

Thanks
    Hi there. I'm Scott and I am from Scotland too!
    I'm OLD tho. I am 37 with a young family and ever decreasing amounts of spare time. Although I have been involved in making things and making art for a while I have never engaged with the fundamentals and even though its late in the day I am determined to change that. I have the aim of improving my drawing from imagination and digital painting skills. I am pretty well versed in illustrator, mostly with technical illustration, but I really want to lessen the gap between my love of life drawing and my love of design.
    Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Thanks
    Hi Guys, I'm James I'm 21 and I'm currently living in the UK. I've been wanting to improve my art skills for some time. I'm primarily a 3d artist, but I feel my lack of 2d art knowledge has always held me back. I've always loved drawing, but it's never quite clicked for me, this is something I hope to change, and I'm really excited about getting stuck into the assignments. I looking forward to seeing everyone's progress!
    "Knowing is not enough, you must apply, willing is not enough, you must do"- Bruce Lee

Sketchbook
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Scott from Scotland! Love it Greetings my fellow hairy arsed highlander.

Thanks
    Greetings to everyone.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast