LevelUp! Online Workshop - Registration (Early Sign-up Discount Now!) - Page 3

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sounds great but I am trying to figure out the pricing. At one place it says 25% off for birthday or something and then in the main introduction it says 50% off workshop. Can someone please enlighten me?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, new here
    Thanks for providing such services, I'll give it a try!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just to be clear on this: the workshops are non-refundable, but the subscriptions could be cancelled at anytime

Do these workshops have additional costs within the subscription? I'm a bit confused. I'm interested to join so I hope someone can answer me

Btw, when does the Birthday Celebration discount end?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ada Chiu View Post
    Just to be clear on this: the workshops are non-refundable, but the subscriptions could be cancelled at anytime

Do these workshops have additional costs within the subscription?
    There are no additional costs within the workshop.

Chief Technology Officer of ConceptArt.org
    Latest Site News | Submit a bug/feature | Ask a question

Did you know?
    You can drag and drop your artwork into posts?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    Are blogs only available to Level Up participants? Lets say a year passes and a subscription stops: Will a person's blog disappear?

Join the next 100 Day Challenge, this time featuring environments/backgrounds! Starts Jan 12!
    Need some inspiration? Check out my blog/website, it is a tool for artists! ArtPrompts.org

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Chihuahuas View Post
    Are blogs only available to Level Up participants? Lets say a year passes and a subscription stops: Will a person's blog disappear?
    Of course not. The blog does not disappear if levelup subscription expires.

Did you know?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi, the level up videos don't play in the web browser of my hp touchpad. just thought I should mention it in case anyone plans on using an hp touchpad to view the material.

Last edited by normiyagi; May 6th, 2014 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I need help, the first 2 or 3 days since I sent my payment I got my level up badge, but after that, it seems I don't have permission to access the level up forums.

Here the msg I get when I try to enter the forums:
    GiovannyArce, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

And here the history I got in my paypal.

Apr 21, 2014 Recurring Payment To Jason Manley Completed Details Recurring Payment To Jason Manley 6HS232934K940004G -$36.75 $0.00 -$36.75 USD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello,

I'm a beginner, already drawing for a while but still need to learn a lot of the fundamentals. Are the fundamentals of drawing also covered in this workshop? I also still prefer to become better by traditional drawing with a pencil, or any tools I can use, but I didn't use my wacom a lot yet.. Do I need to use my Wacom, or can it be done with pencils and paint too? Or does everything needs to made with a Wacom?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,291 Times in 2,826 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    please let david know which browser you are using and he can take a look. The videos play using vimeo so there should be no issues. Do you have any issues with normal vimeo videos? We will do what we can on this side though.
    Quote Originally Posted by normiyagi View Post
    hi, the level up videos don't play in the web browser of my hp touchpad. just thought I should mention it in case anyone plans on using an hp touchpad to view the material.

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You may use any media you wish. There are a good number of folks using everything from ink to graphite to acrylic or oil. It is always good to practice in traditional media. I encourage it.

jm

Quote Originally Posted by Toxisanar View Post
    Hello,

I'm a beginner, already drawing for a while but still need to learn a lot of the fundamentals. Are the fundamentals of drawing also covered in this workshop? I also still prefer to become better by traditional drawing with a pencil, or any tools I can use, but I didn't use my wacom a lot yet.. Do I need to use my Wacom, or can it be done with pencils and paint too? Or does everything needs to made with a Wacom?

Thanks in advance!

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks. There is a bug with paypal. David will get this set up for you asap. Thanks for the support and I look forward to working with you. Please keep rolling through the start! assignments until then.

Best,

JM

Quote Originally Posted by GiovannyArce View Post
    I need help, the first 2 or 3 days since I sent my payment I got my level up badge, but after that, it seems I don't have permission to access the level up forums.

Here the msg I get when I try to enter the forums:
    GiovannyArce, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

And here the history I got in my paypal.

Apr 21, 2014 Recurring Payment To Jason Manley Completed Details Recurring Payment To Jason Manley 6HS232934K940004G -$36.75 $0.00 -$36.75 USD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    please let david know which browser you are using and he can take a look. The videos play using vimeo so there should be no issues. Do you have any issues with normal vimeo videos? We will do what we can on this side though.
    The touchpad uses a default web browser on its OS (webOS)called Web. I am unable to view videos on the vimeo site so I'm guessing its the touchpad's browser. I have a pc to watch the videos on so I'll be ok.

Last edited by normiyagi; May 14th, 2014 at 07:04 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everyone, I really want to join Level-up but I have two small questions. Is there a point in purchasing a subscription before you have completed the two free courses and do you still get feedback from your assignment on these two courses if you don't have a subscription?

I was just wondering, can't wait to get started on this!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the great work put into the video! I am going to enjoy this so much!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is the Level Up Workshop aimed for total beginners as well with 1 to no exp. in drawing? And are the foundations covered from the ground up to the very top?
    Thinking of getting the 4 month one.

And one more question, regarding the payment, I live in India and they don't allow for payments via Paypal or credit/debit card or any transactions outside the country online (due to the Govt. regulations and stuff), so do you guys accept Wire Transfers? Wire Transfer is the only way I can convert INR to USD and pay up for the Workshop. Really interested in attending it.

Also, is there a difference in accessing content between the 4 month to other month versions? Or is it just the time span we get for studying from the workshop?

I'm a scribble ninja! Hah!
    Sketchbook
    DeviantArt
    Youtube Channel

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BioOrganism View Post
    Hello everyone, I really want to join Level-up but I have two small questions. Is there a point in purchasing a subscription before you have completed the two free courses and do you still get feedback from your assignment on these two courses if you don't have a subscription?

I was just wondering, can't wait to get started on this!
    You don't need to do the first two (free) ones, but its all about learning, so it would be to your benefit to do so.

And yes to your second q.

Quote Originally Posted by ranunkel View Post
    Thanks for the great work put into the video! I am going to enjoy this so much!
    Awesome, thanks for your feedback. We are always building it bigger and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaioken20XGoku View Post
    Is the Level Up Workshop aimed for total beginners as well with 1 to no exp. in drawing? And are the foundations covered from the ground up to the very top?
    Thinking of getting the 4 month one.

Yes. I actually jumped into it with no experience. There is a lot of theory and practical knowledge. You don't need to be professional to take this. I assume though, the pros when they do take this interpret what Jason Manley is saying on a higher/different level, than when I am taking it.

And one more question, regarding the payment, I live in India and they don't allow for payments via Paypal or credit/debit card or any transactions outside the country online (due to the Govt. regulations and stuff), so do you guys accept Wire Transfers? Wire Transfer is the only way I can convert INR to USD and pay up for the Workshop. Really interested in attending it.

Also, is there a difference in accessing content between the 4 month to other month versions? Or is it just the time span we get for studying from the workshop?
    You could try finding a friend with PayPal. Currently we only accept Paypal. The difference between the versions is the time span you get in studying the workshop. The workshop is content heavy and intensive, and impossible (in my opinion) to finish in a month. Most people in the past 3 months who have taken it are still on Stage 1, and have done a substantial amount of assignments/massive improvements.

Last edited by David Ahmad; May 26th, 2014 at 01:22 AM.

Did you know?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, its been 2 weeks without any help at all, I quit level up from my paypal subscription... bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    Thanks. There is a bug with paypal. David will get this set up for you asap. Thanks for the support and I look forward to working with you. Please keep rolling through the start! assignments until then.

Best,

JM

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I know this question was asked a couple of times but I checked the free assigments and they seem little intimidating for a beginner like me. So how much of a beginner can you be for this workshop?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,104 Times in 865 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    not sure what happened with giovanny, but I think I should mention that Jason has been giving feedback to all our work-threads at least once a week so far, and sometimes twice a week. getting consistent feedback is really important I think, both for motivation and direction. well, just my 2 cents.

>>SKETCHBOOK. you'll visit me. I'll visit you, we'll have a tea party. with arts and shit. it'll be dreamy. stop by.
    >>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ashless, i think giovanny was more talking about his problem to access at level up subforum, not about the feedback.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Madaoway For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've only been at LevelUp for about a week, but I'm already seeing drastic improvement.

But, like anything, you get what you put into it. It gets the fire under your posterior, and gets you moving.

Don't think of the cost, think of the value.

Get every bit of value you can out of this amazing experience, if this is what you want to try.

But, you're always going to be the one who's doing the work. No art school, workshop, or course, is going to hand it to you on a silver platter. You're given assignments, and you're expected to put everything into them.

You're getting top advice from peers, and professionals. That gets you in gear, and you'll get where you want to be only as long as you apply yourself.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi.

I am all psyched up about Level Up, and i currently have the join page opened in another ta. But the only payment option I see is PayPal, which is not available in my country. Is there any way I can use VISA card for payment?

Please help!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pm sent msferoz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello,

I went to sign up from the 50% off link in my private messages, but it keeps saying I do not have permission to access and reverts to saying the site-wide pricing, of an extra month free. Another spot has a birthday price option? I apologize, I'm definitely interested in trying this program, I'm just very confused about the pricing options.

Thank you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm so I think I have about 1 or 2 month's of subscription left, so I need to get some moar. can I like, buy it now when I still get the 30% off or do I have to wait until I run out?

>>SKETCHBOOK. you'll visit me. I'll visit you, we'll have a tea party. with arts and shit. it'll be dreamy. stop by.
    >>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am having the exact same issue as Giovanny… it says on my profile "Level Up – All Access". Yet I keep getting error messages when I try to access the page. Yet right after paying, I was able to access Composition 1.2 without problem. :/ Maybe there is some weird bug going on?

Anyhow, I messaged David Ahmad about it, in the meanwhile I am doing the Start-Up workshops.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys. New here. I've been doing some research on the level up workshop. I'm really tempted to get it, especially with the discount right now. So far I'm impressed at the reviews others are saying and would like to join. However, I only have about 1-2 hours of free time to draw a week. Therefore would it still be good idea to join? I'm just worried about falling behind or being too slow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
    Hey guys. New here. I've been doing some research on the level up workshop. I'm really tempted to get it, especially with the discount right now. So far I'm impressed at the reviews others are saying and would like to join. However, I only have about 1-2 hours of free time to draw a week. Therefore would it still be good idea to join? I'm just worried about falling behind or being too slow.
    Well, there aren't any deadlines. You do it all at your own pace.

That said, 1 - 2 hours of free time to draw per week is very small.

I mean, if you look at the free workshop assignments-- Composition 1.1 is taking 20 master paintings, putting them to grayscale, and then studying/copying them.

Now, theoretically, each piece is supposed to take a minimum of an hour, or two. I've taken much longer, though (I don't know about others).

I don't know what level you're at in terms of skill and speed, but if I were you, regardless, I would wait until I had more time to fill with drawing, at least an hour per day... And just do what I can in the time I have until then.

You could try waking up earlier, I guess. I mean, there's always a way. But, that's up to you. You can still do this, and have no problem with an hour per week, but you'll be in Level 1 for quite awhile.

Just my opinion, though. I hope it helps.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misty Feather For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    asking again! I'd pm, but that's not working I think.

hi I have two month's of member ship left, but I'd like to get a year extra before the 4th because of the discount. (and my birthday is the third which is a good excuse).
    can I buy the extra year + a free month now, and just have it start in two month, or will it just start right away?

>>mah tumbr

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 595