Cricketts801-Composition 1.1 - Page 2

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cricketts801-Composition 1.1

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work going on here. I love the paintings you've selected. You implement the textures very well. Some are better than others, but I have a feeling that it mainly comes down to time spent + complexity of each piece. #17 is nicely rendered, though that boulder at the tree line is pretty dark and the 2 large trees extend to far on the ground plane. . . pretty nit-picky, I know, but it's a bit distracting for me.

Keep up the quality work- you are almost at 20! I look forward to seeing your work in the other assignments.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpysaur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,291 Times in 2,826 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    these are great. you are maybe a little overly sharp in some of the shapes in the landscape piece...like the trees...or the snow at the top. the prior image with the dragon is super close...the main issues i see have more to do with the feel of the gesture on the figure. the rest looks great and you are on the right track still. keep it up.

j

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Study # 18

I chose this image because I like all the texture and the way it was painted with really large brush strokes it is not super detailed but the brush strokes make it look as if it is. I like the way she painted the white line across the painting which seems to help keep my eye on the figure and the tiger I did notice lines on the tiger and the figure as well to help sharpen them from the rest of the painting while the res of the painting was done with large brush strokes.

Name:  jones.girl.with.tiger-nd study.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  165.8 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work. once you start rendering the face you seem to be observing less...slow down and double check mark placement, size and shape with each mark you make, and stay in visual contact with the original a lot...and you will resolve that issue.

keep up the good work.

j

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Study # 19

I chose this painting because I like the figure and the pose and the scene or setting. Ok so i started the study its going really well and still was when I decided I should stop. I start with the shapes but I cant help myself I have to start rendering I run out of time but I have to get this down. I ran out of time. I wanted to render more. I could spend hours upon hours on these study's and I want to. but I have to keep reminding my self that these are comp study's. What I observed all the implied lines in this painting the cliff edges towards the figure the water seems to be jumping up towards the figure to bring your eye towards her. She is the lightest value which makes her pop as well. my figure is to sharp. I am still working at getting the shapes down rather then drawing it out. Which has helped so much. Thanks for that tip. my figures face is off and I do need to spend more time on that. I noticed when I do the shapes the face is the last place I hit and at that time I am rushing myself. This painting has allot of rhythm to it with the rocks and the water. One more to go.

Name:  study.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  180.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    excellent work on your values and shape blockin. edges seem to be the challenge at this point, to really focus on. keep a close eye on them. save your rendering like her face for the very end after all the bigger challenges are fought out. keep up the good work.

jm

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Study #20

I chose this picture because I Like horror of it. I observed the lines or wake of the water keeps your eyes on the martyr also the two figures even though in the distance are above her looking down at her and the women clutches her husband in fear where their eyes are seem to be a diagonal line straight to her face which has the highest value while the rest of her body is just under water.

Name:  Paul_Delaroche_-_Young_Christian_Martyr_-_Study.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  83.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    super good work. looks like the middle ground with the boat could be a little more atmospheric but overall this one is on target. keep up the great work.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Jason,
    Your right I did not notice it earlier today. Thanks so much for all the input. Moving on to color and light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1