Mr. J - Color and Light 1.1

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Mr. J - Color and Light 1.1

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Mr. J - Color and Light 1.1

Hi there, so heres my piece...what a mess. i started before sunrise in the morning and thought i get it done before the sunrise... after 2 hours daylight came in and ruined my hole setting lol.. so i went on painting but it turned out wrongwrongwrong.. because of the old values in it and so on, but finally its still something. no hair-structure this time, but its a great and claiming excercise, i sure will do it again.

ought to be mid-key!

Name:  Selfportrait2014.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  389.0 KB

cheers

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,995 Times in 2,561 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah that's why i said to block out the light. If you need to hang a sheet over the window, go for it. i think you need some more information and light modeling to happen in the hair and a more contrasting shadow/light pattern.

That is actually something good to experience though as you will be aware of how the light changes during the time you paint. All observations about light will go a long way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Jason, thanks alot for the Feedback! yeah, i would have blocked the light if i could, next time i just start this in the evening, would be way more fun with a more dramatic light situation. And there will be also Hair in the next one

i've got less problems with shading something just from imagination, so this was very hard, thats a good thing, probably i learned something new (and if it was only to sit still for hours), and alot of fun tho!

cheers

Members who have read this thread: 42