Atipdante - composition 1.1

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Atipdante - composition 1.1

Thanks

Atipdante - composition 1.1

I have not posted on here for a long time and got an email about these tutorials so thought I would give them a go. Here are my first 4 images going to do some more tomorrow.

Name:  size1.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  37.6 KB

The first thing I notice in this first image is the economy shown in the hands and the lack of detail on the sword.

Name:  size 2.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  37.3 KB

In this image the implied lines all give a feeling of distance and seem to follow the river.

Name:  size 3.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  32.4 KB

The first thing I am drawn to in this image is the eyes they are a lot brighter than anything else except maybe the collar.

Name:  size 4.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  57.5 KB

This was a hard one but I guess the lightness around the figures emphasises there position in the centre of the painting.

That's all for now, hopefully they are okay. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I think I have put this in the wrong place. can a mod move it ?

Thanks
    Name:  size 5.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  40.2 KB

Here is another, On this one the chimneys seem to have a good rhythm to them and a nice repetition braking up the sky and the roof tops.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,924 Times in 2,493 Posts
    Hmm...i don't think my earlier post showed up.

Your first thing I want you to work in is related to craftsmanship. It would take two minutes to clean up all the edges around your image so its not so messy. That would help in comparing the images. However that same issue will bleed over into the painting process if you resolve it...it has to do with just taking that extra second or two to really be deliberate and careful when you are painting. You are working hard, and if you just give that extra little bit in all that you do you will see fast improvement.

i was very clear in the instructions to make sure that you first make your format the exact same size as that of the image. If yours is taller or shorter or wider then it won't work as the entire piece will be off when if you just took that extra few seconds to draw the format out in the exact shape the rest of the process would go so much more easily...and the results would be of immediate improvement.

i hope this is of some help.

JM

Thanks
    Hey JM yeah sorry this was the first one i posted in the wrong place and has only now been moved here. Sorry for the confusion. i am working on my other thread now

Members who have read this thread: 88