What is Level Up?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 11,086 Times in 2,638 Posts
    Follows
    Following

What is Level Up?

Level Up on ConceptArt.Org!

Name:  Thomas Eakins - The Agnew Clinic level up.jpg
Views: 2344
Size:  142.2 KB

About: Level Up is a state of the art education program for visual artists, which is rooted in traditional foundations and empowered by the latest art and entertainment industry information. Level Up's valuable online workshop presentations are paired with in-depth assignments that allow you to study at your own pace, and get better at what you do, all within your own schedule. Join us and Level Up!

The program is geared to allow you to improve your artwork with each and every stage as you Level Up. “Start” consists of Level 1 and Level 2. START! stages are free for the community and contain quick study workshops and the first assignment goals in the program. Feedback is provided by the international artists of conceptart.org and participants are encouraged to help each other, as we always do on CA.O. Additional levels 3-50 are provided as part of the affordable subscription program for artists worldwide, which will be launching in Feb 2014.

The curriculum is tuned for artists of all levels from student to professional. Students get the information necessary to get into art school and improve chances for scholarships. Professionals are provided the opportunity to refocus their learning on the life-long path of studying art and upping the necessary skills to better succeed in the industry.

How? Simply register here and take advantage of the early discount for registration: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...79#post3771679 Complete the steps and start to Level Up.

Once you register you are ready to begin. A sample workshop is up now http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=269 .

When? You can START! and begin Level Up! right now. Today.

How much does it cost? START! is free, which is awesome. The full Level Up program has three uber affordable discount packages to choose from and is offering a 50% discount right now. Click here for all the details: Complete the steps and start to Level Up.

Do I need a portfolio to apply? - No. We do have a private portfolio development forum in order to see where you are at with your work, and give feedback as you progress and level up. It will be open when the full program is released.

Do I get feedback on all of my work I do? Yes. Getting and giving critiques is part of learning to improve and Level Up.

Can I interact with the instructor and other students? Yes. Level Up is also about being part of a creative community and learning together. Other artist’s perspectives and industry connections are extremely valuable to growth and opportunity. Level Up takes place right here on the site. We also have google hangouts and our Level Up skype group on top of the learning that happens on the forums and our live and on demand workshops.

What happens if I miss an assignment deadline? There are no true deadlines. You set your own pace and work within Level Up to complete the assignments as efficiently as your schedule allows.

Am I able to advance past levels if my portfolio shows I already know the information? Yes. You control the path of your education. More details to come.

Do I need to “pass” the assignment to Level Up? Yes. There are no cheat codes.
    Are there grades? Each assignment is graded on a 100 point scale. Assignments are just one of the ways which Level Up points are calculated.

Is it an accredited program? No. Level Up is a skill building workshop program, specifically designed to get you ready for the next steps in your education or improving the skills you need to better your art and career.

What do I get for Leveling Up? Well you get to improve your work, your art, and your skills, first and foremost. However, what good would levels be without LOOT. More info to come there. We are launching the big loot first, and that is all the workshops so you can get rolling and take the next steps to Level Up!

Welcome!

END
    .................................................. .................................................. ...........

Last edited by Jason Manley; February 5th, 2014 at 10:20 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I assume that the password requested is the same one for the forum? I am a dumbass and don't actually know my forum password anymore since the browser remembers it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The START forums are open and the first two workshop videos and associated assignments are released. All of the start videos and assignments are free.

The Full Level Up forums and content will be released soon. Getting things populated and ready over the coming days.

If you forgot your pword you can resend it to yourself using the user control panel if you want. Or you can go into your browser settings and view your password there too.

J

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok sounds good.

I'm looking forward to this, while I've been doing concept art for a while now, I've been self taught and kind of just went with the flow. It'll be good to get some strong fundamental reinforcement and real art education so at least I know wtf I'm talking about when giving crits.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a lot. I look forward to seeing your assignments and giving feedback.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This looks awesome. I'm excited to join.

Sketchbook
    Are you a beginner interested in weekly prompts, illustration challenges, art RPs, or just interacting and finding activities for new artists?

Then come check out the new beginner's subforum!

Beginner's Challenges and Activities

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent addition to CAO.

"It is ten per cent how you draw, and ninety per cent what you draw. "
    -Andrew Loomis

Check out my sketchbook!

My Profile Albums

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great idea! Thanks for doing it. I would suggest considering a name change for this project though https://www.facebook.com/groups/levelup.livestream/ . Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason just a heads up your getting quite abit of hate from wojtek fus and his band of fellow sheep on Facebook. It seems his not to happy with the name levelup. Id suggest contacting him.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry, I don't even know the guy and have no interest in internet drama. We are doing our own thing and will continue to do so.

On a side note, conceptart.org was the first to ever do live streaming art demonstrations and created that concept...including using livestream to do so. We were livestream's launch partner at the time livestream.com went online, which is something I put together personally, which prior to that was done by downloads or dvd's only. We are the originators of the livestream.com art demonstration concept and what we are doing with Level Up is fresh and has nothing to do with what anyone else is doing.

We have good things to do and will keep on that path, which is of our own vision, and is unique. We will not be addressing this further. If folks want to chatter on facebook, there is nothing we can do about it.

Back to work here.

jason

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, but ever since I registered to Level Up, the top bar seems to have disappeared and I have lost my access to private messages.

Not entirely sure if it's relevant to signing up, but the timings coincide. Thought I'd let you know!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Saukem View Post
    Hey! I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, but ever since I registered to Level Up, the top bar seems to have disappeared and I have lost my access to private messages.

Not entirely sure if it's relevant to signing up, but the timings coincide. Thought I'd let you know!
    Fixed

Chief Technology Officer of ConceptArt.org
    Latest Site News | Submit a bug/feature | Ask a question

Did you know?
    You can drag and drop your artwork into posts?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you so much for releasing this. This appears to be the best thing that's happened for up and coming artists. I remember going through an online course a few years ago and that cost around £400 for 10 weeks. This is a bargain and in my opinion a much better workshop. I watched the first comp video and it went through all the basics I've been craving for. It's a massive challenge, but that's the oh way to better oneself. Cannot wait to get rolling with this.

also love the restriction to further levels if the grade is not passed. This means professional feedback at the highest level!

I just hope the forum down times don't come back. Do you have a backup in case the forum goes down?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much for releasing this. This appears to be the best thing that's happened for up and coming artists. I remember going through an online course a few years ago and that cost around £400 for 10 weeks. This is a bargain and in my opinion a much better workshop. I watched the first comp video and it went through all the basics I've been craving for. It's a massive challenge, but that's the oh way to better oneself. Cannot wait to get rolling with this.

also love the restriction to further levels if the grade is not passed. This means professional feedback at the highest level!

I just hope the forum down times don't come back. Do you have a backup in case the forum goes down?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yes we do backups constantly, and you are entirely welcome too. I am happy you are enjoying it so far. That is great to hear.

The site code has all been replaced now, so we should see more stability. David has fixed most of the site bugs as well, which i am super thankful for.

J

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Members who have read this thread: 181