Hello ConceptArt Community - Official Bug & Feature Requests Thread - Page 10

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Results 271 to 298 of 298
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North'n Ironed
    Posts
    675
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 169 Times in 120 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    I'm getting a lot of database errors tonight. I can't get onto any of the Art & Artwork boards at all...

    ...which is only my opinion.
    Sketchbook Deviations
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #272
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,256
    Thanks
    3,535
    Thanked 5,476 Times in 3,685 Posts
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    I've reported and other bugs.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  4. #273
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Hello,

    I am having difficulty uploading images. I am getting 'upload of file failed' response. I have uploaded a file with no difficulty last week, but I cannot seem to get it to work. I even installed firefox, but still not working. Thanks.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  5. #274
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,256
    Thanks
    3,535
    Thanked 5,476 Times in 3,685 Posts
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    I know. I can't set Master Study of the Day. It's been reported.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  6. #275
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lithuania, Vilnius
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    - Database errors poping every time I try to enter my profile.
    - When I send private message I don't know if another user got it, because I don't see it in the "sent items" box and I don't get any message that I have sent it. And I wrote a damn long message twice.
    - Every time I'm entering CA I need to login again. But I guess it is known issue, just reminding it.
    - When I'm entering new page in the forums, or just other thread, page is loading it shows all the content and I want to click something it still loads a couple of blocks (I guess they are banners or something like that) at the top I guess, which drops the whole content more to bottom and it frequently happens when I try to click something and I miss that click it is annoying stuff. I think it could be fixed if these banners should be loaded in the first place and then the remaining content.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gyvulius For This Useful Post:


  8. #276
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    315
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 118 Times in 83 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyvulius View Post
    - Database errors poping every time I try to enter my profile.
    - When I send private message I don't know if another user got it, because I don't see it in the "sent items" box and I don't get any message that I have sent it. And I wrote a damn long message twice.
    - Every time I'm entering CA I need to login again. But I guess it is known issue, just reminding it.
    - When I'm entering new page in the forums, or just other thread, page is loading it shows all the content and I want to click something it still loads a couple of blocks (I guess they are banners or something like that) at the top I guess, which drops the whole content more to bottom and it frequently happens when I try to click something and I miss that click it is annoying stuff. I think it could be fixed if these banners should be loaded in the first place and then the remaining content.
    Fixed the db errors

    Chief Technology Officer of ConceptArt.org
    Latest Site News | Submit a bug/feature | Ask a question

    Did you know?
    You can drag and drop your artwork into posts?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  9. #277
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    315
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 118 Times in 83 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyvulius View Post
    - Database errors poping every time I try to enter my profile.
    - When I send private message I don't know if another user got it, because I don't see it in the "sent items" box and I don't get any message that I have sent it. And I wrote a damn long message twice.
    - Every time I'm entering CA I need to login again. But I guess it is known issue, just reminding it.
    - When I'm entering new page in the forums, or just other thread, page is loading it shows all the content and I want to click something it still loads a couple of blocks (I guess they are banners or something like that) at the top I guess, which drops the whole content more to bottom and it frequently happens when I try to click something and I miss that click it is annoying stuff. I think it could be fixed if these banners should be loaded in the first place and then the remaining content.
    Fixed the db errors

    Chief Technology Officer of ConceptArt.org
    Latest Site News | Submit a bug/feature | Ask a question

    Did you know?
    You can drag and drop your artwork into posts?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David Ahmad For This Useful Post:


  11. #278
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ansbach, Germany
    Posts
    616
    Thanks
    330
    Thanked 199 Times in 128 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    This keeps popping up every time a page is refreshed or entered.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-07-04 at 11.24.56 PM.png
Views: 132
Size:  340.5 KB

    -AdrienneRose-


    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  12. #279
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bakersfield, California
    Posts
    1,703
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked 705 Times in 623 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrienneRose View Post
    This keeps popping up every time a page is refreshed or entered.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-07-04 at 11.24.56 PM.png
Views: 132
Size:  340.5 KB
    same here

    My Sketchbook


    Friends

    BlackDelphin
    IceCold

    Blog
    Deviantart

    "There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  13. #280
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,256
    Thanks
    3,535
    Thanked 5,476 Times in 3,685 Posts
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    I reported it and I think it's been sorted now.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  14. #281
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    315
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 118 Times in 83 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K View Post
    same here
    Fixed.

    Also fixed responsive header issues for easier navigation

    Chief Technology Officer of ConceptArt.org
    Latest Site News | Submit a bug/feature | Ask a question

    Did you know?
    You can drag and drop your artwork into posts?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to David Ahmad For This Useful Post:


  16. #282
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    I think you guys really need to sort out and fix the user experience besides all of the bugs. Why can't I view a profile unless I login? Why do I have to enter a captcha to search? Why can't I see more than 2 pages of artwork on the finished art thread? This is just an incredibly high amount of friction to using the site. Maybe you should just get rid of the forums and just concentrate on the artwork/ gallery

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  17. #283
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    1,353
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 448 Times in 314 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Thread http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...cs-for-drawing seems to be empty? However, hovering over the article in the Art Discussion forum shows its contents?

    Grinnikend door het leven...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  18. #284
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,256
    Thanks
    3,535
    Thanked 5,476 Times in 3,685 Posts
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    It went into an odd moderation - cleared now.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  19. #285
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,466
    Thanks
    3,904
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Has this been addressed, do you know? This is the first I've been back in a few months, and I'm not sure if the setting is implemented. If it is, I haven't found the setting and I apologize.

    To reiterate, the current design of the sketchbooks is a lot more exhausting to view because it forces the eyes across the page, then down (diagonally), then across again, then down... zig-zag. A lot more eye fatigue that way. The icons are also too big to recognize at a glance, meaning, it takes longer to process them visually... all of which adds up to a lot of visual confusion and frustration when trying to navigate the sketchbook forum for some of us.

    If it's impossible to have a setting that renders the pages as before (icon to the left, thread name to the right) I understand. However, this also makes it difficult to stay --('stay' as in 'participate at all').

    Maybe that's not a concern. The previous design worked well because you could focus your eyes on the left side of the page and scroll with the mouse wheel and quickly find threads of interest (having become familiar with the thread thumbnails). Occasionally an interesting one you had never seen before would pop up and you could click it; but now all of the 'noise' has been essentially 'amplified' and the user is forced to slow down and consider everything.

    Sorry... but this is just an attempt at honest feedback.


    Thanks again,
    Chad.

    Quote Originally Posted by p sage View Post
    I hate to be a negative nelly, but in the interest of pure feedback:


    I hate the new sketchbook section layout. Hate it.

    I'm still in the stone age (not reading this site on an iPad)... still reading the thing on a computer, and trying to quickly scan through a list of sketchbook threads is impossible now. Every icon is gigantic... I'd gotten pretty proficient at skipping the threads I had no interest in. Now, I have to turn my attention to each one in kind to make sure I'm not skipping something I want to see. Makes it very difficult to quickly get "up to speed".

    If at all possible (as a possible selectable setting?), I'd like to read the forum similar to before... where an icon representing the thread is at the left, and the title of the thread (and author's name) found to the right of the icon.

    Otherwise I'm afraid that the syntactic noise introduced with the giant icons will keep me away from the site more than it will keep me here.


    Thanks for your attention.
    Chad.


    Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

    The Road to Perdition
    clog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  20. #286
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    315
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 118 Times in 83 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by p sage View Post
    Has this been addressed, do you know? This is the first I've been back in a few months, and I'm not sure if the setting is implemented. If it is, I haven't found the setting and I apologize.

    To reiterate, the current design of the sketchbooks is a lot more exhausting to view because it forces the eyes across the page, then down (diagonally), then across again, then down... zig-zag. A lot more eye fatigue that way. The icons are also too big to recognize at a glance, meaning, it takes longer to process them visually... all of which adds up to a lot of visual confusion and frustration when trying to navigate the sketchbook forum for some of us.

    If it's impossible to have a setting that renders the pages as before (icon to the left, thread name to the right) I understand. However, this also makes it difficult to stay --('stay' as in 'participate at all').

    Maybe that's not a concern. The previous design worked well because you could focus your eyes on the left side of the page and scroll with the mouse wheel and quickly find threads of interest (having become familiar with the thread thumbnails). Occasionally an interesting one you had never seen before would pop up and you could click it; but now all of the 'noise' has been essentially 'amplified' and the user is forced to slow down and consider everything.

    Sorry... but this is just an attempt at honest feedback.


    Thanks again,
    Chad.

    Thanks Chad,

    Actually just tested both versions and still like the new version. However, I'll think of a way to give users the option to choose which one they want to use, added to dev list.

    Chief Technology Officer of ConceptArt.org
    Latest Site News | Submit a bug/feature | Ask a question

    Did you know?
    You can drag and drop your artwork into posts?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to David Ahmad For This Useful Post:


  22. #287
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,466
    Thanks
    3,904
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ahmad View Post
    Thanks Chad,

    Actually just tested both versions and still like the new version. However, I'll think of a way to give users the option to choose which one they want to use, added to dev list.
    Thank you! Very kind

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by David Ahmad View Post
    Thanks Chad,

    Actually just tested both versions and still like the new version. However, I'll think of a way to give users the option to choose which one they want to use, added to dev list.
    Thank you! Very kind

    Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

    The Road to Perdition
    clog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  23. #288
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    315
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 118 Times in 83 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by p sage View Post
    Thank you! Very kind

    Thank you! Very kind

    I have gone ahead and coded a function for users to switch between views. Please note that it will redirect you to main forums. Just head back to sketchbooks, or where you were after, and it will stay on that view.

    Name:  7-21-2014 5-00-28 AM.png
Views: 76
Size:  691.1 KB

    Last edited by David Ahmad; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:01 AM.
    Chief Technology Officer of ConceptArt.org
    Latest Site News | Submit a bug/feature | Ask a question

    Did you know?
    You can drag and drop your artwork into posts?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to David Ahmad For This Useful Post:


  25. #289
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Scarborough which is in the north of the UK
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    hey guys
    I need to contact some one in regards to the level up program. I am currently having problems with it

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  26. #290
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,256
    Thanks
    3,535
    Thanked 5,476 Times in 3,685 Posts
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Reported brujahbart. You should be contacted soon.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  27. #291
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,466
    Thanks
    3,904
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ahmad View Post
    I have gone ahead and coded a function for users to switch between views. Please note that it will redirect you to main forums. Just head back to sketchbooks, or where you were after, and it will stay on that view.

    Name:  7-21-2014 5-00-28 AM.png
Views: 76
Size:  691.1 KB
    What awesome service

    Thank you, David. That's much better (for me anyway) and hopefully a few others who might be weird like me

    Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

    The Road to Perdition
    clog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to p sage For This Useful Post:


  29. #292
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    10,452
    Thanks
    2,061
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Thanks Brujah. I sent you a pm with my skype and email.

    If anyone has an account issue with levelup you can contact me via skype at conceptartorg and I will assist you directly, or via email at artdesignandcreativityATgmail.com

    You can also use the chat feature in the lower right hand side of the forums if I am on. Just send me a message.

    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:


  31. #293
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    amsterdam
    Posts
    2,879
    Thanks
    515
    Thanked 993 Times in 777 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    I have a feature request.. or maybe I dont get how this is supposed to work, but when I click on the featured links I go to the gallery, but cant find a way to go from that gallery to the original place the work is from. like usually the person's sketchbook.
    it'd be logical to get there easily.

    >>SKETCHBOOK. you'll visit me. I'll visit you, we'll have a tea party. with arts and shit. it'll be dreamy. stop by.
    >>mah tumbr
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  32. #294
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    315
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 118 Times in 83 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ashess View Post
    I have a feature request.. or maybe I dont get how this is supposed to work, but when I click on the featured links I go to the gallery, but cant find a way to go from that gallery to the original place the work is from. like usually the person's sketchbook.
    it'd be logical to get there easily.
    Click on the image, to view full image, then click on "View original post"
    Name:  7-26-2014 8-33-49 PM.png
Views: 50
Size:  201.1 KB

    Chief Technology Officer of ConceptArt.org
    Latest Site News | Submit a bug/feature | Ask a question

    Did you know?
    You can drag and drop your artwork into posts?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  33. #295
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 133 Times in 90 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    If I try to login to the 'art questions' section to leave a comment, it rejects my password. I'm assuming the password should be the same as my general one.

    Hopefully that's part of why it's slow over there - I hope it takes off, I like the stack overflow format.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahlia For This Useful Post:


  35. #296
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    315
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 118 Times in 83 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    If I try to login to the 'art questions' section to leave a comment, it rejects my password. I'm assuming the password should be the same as my general one.

    Hopefully that's part of why it's slow over there - I hope it takes off, I like the stack overflow format.
    The password there is the same as any of the /go/learn or /go/jobs

    Eventually I will unite forums and /go portal sites with one password/username

    Chief Technology Officer of ConceptArt.org
    Latest Site News | Submit a bug/feature | Ask a question

    Did you know?
    You can drag and drop your artwork into posts?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  36. #297
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    632
    Thanks
    209
    Thanked 168 Times in 91 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    I'm not sure if this is something I'm just having or if it's supposed to be this way (in which case why?) but all subforum and thread headlines are in thin Times New Roman, as is what I'm writing right now and has been for months. It looks pretty ugly this way and is a bit hard to read. Is there supposed to be some kind of specific font that I'm just not getting.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm not sure if this is something I'm just having or if it's supposed to be this way (in which case why?) but all subforum and thread headlines are in thin Times New Roman, as is what I'm writing right now and has been for months. It looks pretty ugly this way and is a bit hard to read. Is there supposed to be some kind of specific font that I'm just not getting.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  37. #298
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,256
    Thanks
    3,535
    Thanked 5,476 Times in 3,685 Posts
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    What browser are you using?

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Members who have read this thread: 273

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook