Sketchbook: The Digital Black Book of A.Vandal

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Digital Black Book of A.Vandal

Hi, my name's A.Vandal.
    I've lurked on CO.org over the years and have always made use of OW for my personal sketchbook offline. So now I'm bringing to you my latest works of mixed media
    [a great deal will be sketches from my Galaxy Note 2 mixed with traditional sketches and painted WIP]..alongside with some psychobable explaining what may have intrigued specific thoughts for individual drawings or just some plain mundane journalistic attempts to keep you interested with my work and a dash of personality.
    Feel free to C&C at anytime. [Positive and Negative approved; light on the trolling The Digital Black Book of A.Vandal]

Update 2/1/14 THE IMAGE DUMP
    The best way for me to post is typically to download my images at the library due to being a starving artist; So I give to you....THE IMAGE DUMP.
    Name:  Icecream Crayon.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  115.7 KB
    Name:  OwlnStump.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  125.1 KBName:  BBALL.jpg
Size:  75.6 KBName:  BeforetheDigital.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  128.4 KBName:  Digital&Acrylic.jpg
Size:  73.4 KB
    Name:  Abstract DeepSea.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  111.3 KBName:  8bitvandal.jpg
Size:  78.5 KBName:  Angel.jpg
Size:  111.9 KBName:  AriesVandal.jpg
Size:  84.7 KBName:  AriesVandal2.jpg
Size:  73.6 KBName:  BadInk.jpg
Size:  71.1 KBName:  BostonStrangler.jpg
Size:  73.1 KBName:  Cameraman Jim.jpg
Size:  61.8 KBName:  Concept.jpg
Size:  94.2 KBName:  Coi and Moon.jpg
Size:  39.6 KBName:  Coi.jpg
Size:  107.0 KBName:  Coi2.jpg
Size:  54.6 KBName:  Drugabuse.jpg
Size:  50.6 KBName:  FF9.jpg
Size:  39.9 KBName:  Hayze Portrait.jpg
Size:  44.0 KBName:  Kuro.jpg
Size:  96.2 KBName:  Jesus.jpg
Size:  84.3 KBName:  Lil'Skull.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  37.5 KBName:  Mermaid.jpg
Size:  34.3 KBName:  portrait.jpg
Size:  56.1 KBName:  Tagit.jpg
Size:  59.0 KBName:  Abstract.jpg
Size:  115.3 KB

Last edited by AVandal; May 12th, 2014 at 02:02 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As of this latest week, I have been in a little bit of a block. So I am hoping that by the time of next week I will have some new works updated for viewing and possibly a submission for one of the weekly challenges/ Hopefully to get my gears greased and into some forced forward motion.
    Enjoy what's posted in the meantime and happy drawing everybody.
    -A.Vandal

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Latest...

All of these were drawn using a Samasung Glaxy Note2 on the Autodesk SketchBook Pro App.

3rd picture. A sort of women of Disney-esk sketch, it took about 1hour and 15mins.

2nd picture. This was an Original Character Concept that I made. It took roughly 45mins from sketch to color.

1st picture. This last piece was for a close friend Hayze. He's in the music industry and has been seeking logos involving 'Creepy' things since he refers to all his rappers and friends as Creeps. He's signed by Apathy and records through ManBitesDog Records.
    ]

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by AVandal; March 6th, 2014 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have a couple canvases that are works in progress right now, they'll be uploaded as soon as I can find time to get to a library to do that.... Been very busy so I haven't been hitting the pages quite as much as I would prefer but I am making an effort to bring the CO.org sketch viewers something appealing for my next Art Dump.
    Till then I hope you enjoy my prior work and all C&C are valued.
    -A.Vandal

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have a couple canvases that are works in progress right now, they'll be uploaded as soon as I can find time to get to a library to do that.... Been very busy so I haven't been hitting the pages quite as much as I would prefer but I am making an effort to bring the CO.org sketch viewers something appealing for my next Art Dump.
    Till then I hope you enjoy my prior work and all C&C are valued.
    -A.Vandal

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Latest

So...It's been several weeks since I have last posted anything art-wise onto here.
    And today I've made it to my local library to upload some brand new works, that I have submitted via mobile phone on to sites such as Facebook and Tumblr through apps. but due to the lack of mobile interfacing CA.org has, I'm unable to post my work quiet as frequently as I would enjoy. So please excuse the delay on that.

Name:  A.Vandal5.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  50.1 KB
    Name:  A.Vandal4.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  48.9 KB
    Name:  A.Vandal3.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  70.1 KB
    Name:  A.Vandal2.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  53.7 KB
    Name:  A.Vandal.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  81.0 KB
    ^^^^^
    =============
    These first five images were revamped versions out of an old sketchbook, I had run a little dry in my imagination and recently had to get my phone flash reseted due to some technical issues it had been experiencing; In turn I ended up loosing a lot of progress in my portfolio that wasn't backed up.So while drawing these I was really trying to hone my craft in the Digital Art field seeing as some of the work I posted prior onto here felt very 2 dimensional and didn't have enough depth for my liking or really represent the style I technically bring to a page with pen&ink.
    *All of these digital sketches were done using a Samasung Galaxy Note 2 w/ the Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile Pro application.

Name:  A.Vandal6.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  31.5 KB
    This last piece I was just seeking inspiration from some friends. They were throwing ideas as to what I could have drawn, someone mentioned their younger daughter would have liked to see a unicorn & warrior....
    So this is what I birthed from the idea. Still not finished but something to see in the mean time.
    Anyway I hope you all enjoy, C&C are always welcomed.
    Stay crafty!!
    -A.Vandal 87'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Inspiration!!

So as of this last week, I really only had two solid days to get involved and inspired.
    My theme has always revolved around some sort of a grungy/graffiti-esk sort of feel, with dash hints of abstractionism.
    Typically, if you have ever followed my journal or even viewed some of my personal books, you can see that when I draw in 'BIC Pen' that there is sort of a wild and untamed method to my madness. While music is playing and emotions run rampid they always tend to make a drop into my images regardless of them being conscious decisions or not.
    So I give you two possible 'Toxic Vandals' one more rugged and tough while the other is soft subtle and hinted by a childish inspiration.

Name:  ToxicVandal2.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  63.0 KB

Name:  ToxicVandal.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  58.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your work! Keep it up. The cartoon-y style is really awesome.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Surrealistonafarm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a lot! I really appreciate any feed back that's given when I get it.
    For a while I feared my work might be getting over looked but thank you very much again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So recently, I have been approached by a friend of a friend through our weekly gaming exhibitions about the possibilities of a comic/graphic novel. He began to exchange some of his most recent ideas and scripts to me and I really do have a feel for his conceptualized ideas, at first I was on the fence about the idea because I've always seen my work more in a gallery presentation vs. sequential paneling and the other common issue I've come across when attempting comics, is someone hands me a huge script and expects me to mold the storyline into my own mastery through their words. So after expressing that to the author I'm deciding to go into works with... he did me a huge favor! It had been about a week since I last seen him and he decided to take his script and break it into panels with sketches that he called 'POOR STORYBOARDING'. None the less I wasn't too concerned with his art abilities and we had a common understanding that if this is to work. WE NEED ONE ANOTHER!
    BUT ANYWAY!! My plan is to broaden my horizon and delve into this conception and provide something new for my viewers to see. I hope that within the next couple weeks I'll be able to shell out some sort of a WIP for people to view and comment on. Just to kind of grasp if the story is fresh and the artwork is a fit for the style of novel.
    In the mean time I hope that if anyone does stop by my online portfolio here, that you please review the work and not be afraid to tell me if you enjoy or hate my works. I personally feel that any feedback vs. no feedback will do a great deal of help to have me evolve as an artist.

Thanks for reading, viewing and STAY TUNED! Greatness is in the future.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My sad Digital Portfolio.....how I have neglected you so!!

NEW WORK SOON!!!
    Under Construction......

In the mean time throw some idea's you would maybe be interested in seeing me sketch or just plain old rash my work and have a GREAT DAAAAAY!!!

Members who have read this thread: 4