Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey Scott I am so glad you posted in my little book because I have really enjoyed looking through yours. What a great range and variety you already have. I think you have it all going on and that you are doing all the right things. Just don't stop or overthink anything too much. I know I am going to be looking forward to your posts.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Great work on the value studies! You put effort in and it shows. The level up is working for you.

Thanks
    Hey, great work! Keep it up. Where do you go to school?

My Sketchbook

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." - Michelangelo

Thanks
    This is a good work !! Study values,proportion and study brush !! fantastic work. Great !!

Thanks
    very nice range of work, especially love the portraits from life. keep it up!

Thanks
    Really nice life drawing and characters in general - well done!

Thanks
    Cool work ! Would love to see some finished artwork.

Thanks
    wow. thanks for all the comments folks. Its very encouraging and very nice of you all. Feel guilty for not posting for 3 weeks!

Busy time at the moment though, trying to get a job in England, getting a job in England, trying to find somewhere to live, not finding anywhere to live!

Been briefly trying to experiment with one of my older thumbnails, playing with different brushes and attempting different views etc. These are pretty embarrassing, especially that terrible dome head thing on the first one. Some glass studies required I think! Occurred to me after the side view that the design was that great after all and fundamentally he was missing a head. Hence bottom right, so might play around with him some more with an actual head!

Name:  oxygensuit.png
Views: 126
Size:  177.6 KB

Thanks
    Just a bit more digital painting practice, from reference obviously!

Name:  muscles.png
Views: 255
Size:  232.1 KB

Thanks
    Dude awesome sketchbook! I see you like to do silhouettes, me too, they are so much fun and yours are looking great. Like that you are turning the view with them, nice job. Your figure drawings are also fantastic in post 3, they are very unique and remind me of Egon Schiele' work. Look forward to more

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bri in the sky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Very cool traditional live model studies, feels very Glen Vilpu'ish! Nice job! It's awesome to see that you're breaking down the model into more simple shapes! As far as your digital stuff goes I can say that you're producing pretty neat designs, and I can absolutely learn a lot from your construction sketches of their anatomy. Getting a good and fluid gesture is something I really struggle with, and stuff gets easily stiff. I do think though that some robots in the latest sketch would be impractical The one in the middle in the bottom is probably going to hurt its back by falling Just a minor crit there haha, sorry I have nothing else... You're doing a great job!

Keep it up!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Uiriamu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey thanks for the comments!
    Bri - Yeah, I love playing about with silhouettes. Youre right its great fun messing around with shapes like that, its been a bit of a revelation for me. Bit trickier adding the forms though Havent thought about Egon Schiele for a while! I used to love his paintings, maybe I should look them up again. Thanks man.

Uiriamu - Cheers man, thats very kind. I need to get back to life drawing again soon. Get so rusty in between! And yeah the construction stuff is pretty helpful. I really struggle with finding the forms.

Thank you so much for the crit. I admit I spend no time thinking about how practical these things are! Did you mean the side view? Looking back at him he would definitely fall over in that pose, youre right. Very helpful of you to point that out. I redrew the side view and I think the pose makes a bit more sense now? Quite like this guy even though he is pretty standard. Maybe sometime I will try an action shot!
    Thanks again for the kind comments...

Name:  oxygen_fixed.png
Views: 246
Size:  78.7 KB

Thanks
    Hey there!
    You got some nice stuff here. And there is quite some progress in your works. Post #3 is actually my favourite.
    Keep going and don't loose your great style, man. I'm curious if you can find a way to translate your traditional drawing style into digital work. Or maybe just partly. I know that ain't easy, but it would be shame not to try
    Anyways i got no doubt you will do your thing!

cheers!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to st0neface For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 8