new illustration for portfolio

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks

new illustration for portfolio

heyo i wanted to make something that looked like it might have a story behind it for my portfolio so here she is c/c would be appreciated thanks

give a man a fish and he will have fish give a man a shoe and he will have a shoe tomorrow will lie to you so it is best to have died today
    my daily sketchbook

and my new portfolio web site!
    My NEW PortFoLio
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

JEZZARTS Guest
    Hey this is cool. My only crits..maybe to make the masks come out more 3D, black out the sides a bit, leaving the masks to protrude outside the picture. Also you could fade out the head piece at the top as it tends to make the pic look top heavy. That would finish it for me but hey...good pic anyway.

Thanks
    hey thanks jezzarts
    your crit was really helpful
    everything was dead on but i tried to fade out his head but i couldn't quite get it to work correctly or well so i added a bunch of bones on the bottom to correct it

give a man a fish and he will have fish give a man a shoe and he will have a shoe tomorrow will lie to you so it is best to have died today
    my daily sketchbook

My NEW PortFoLio

Thanks
    This is a powerful setup. Gotta love the shadows cast on the curtain-like thingies.
    (It sucks to suck at writing in English)

Somehow it just doesn't read well and looks busy. It took a while until I got that there is an interior with a door.
    Did you work with layers? Can you maybe move the room so that more of the ceiling is visible?

There is something about the shading of the skull that makes it look rendered sloppily.
    I'd love to write better suggestions, but I really don't know what to suggest.
    Well ... whatever ... I think it is pretty good already.

Thanks
    i refined the strokes on the face as well as adjusting the placement of the hall
    thanks for the comments everyone this has definately been pushed farther that if i had done it alone

do you like this version more?

my daily sketchbook

My NEW PortFoLio

Thanks
    Yeah, I like it better now that I can see the trunk of the tree. It looks really good, I would put it in a portfolio.

Here's a skull reference that might help you. I'll shrink it if anyone complains about the size.

I got the reference from here (http://www.em-arts.com/skull/index.htm). It's the very first one, I just adjusted it using ACDSee.

Your teeth has the same tone on both upper and lower teeth. Since it's normal to have a slight overbite the bottom teeth are behind the upper, therefore it would be more in shadow.

And you might want to make the zygomatic arch (I think....kinda rusty on my anatomy... let's just say temple area) a bit sharper. You can pretty much see the differences compared to the photo. I don't know how realistic you want the skull to be so I'll leave it up to you.

It's really good. Great improvement from your first post.

Ok, I'm done posting... Back to drawin'!

Ephesians 2:8
    Sketchbooks Finished: 9 (Dec 17, 2006)

Thanks
    hey bro. The piece is interesting, compositionally. I like how everything works together...but I have a real issue with the way it looks put together. The rough edges of the bottom of the skull, and the dreamcatchers ,in perticular, bother me. Maybe bring the dreamcatchers out from the cloth as elements of thier own, or have them coming out of the cloth? Maybe have the skull structurally work its way into the cieling of the building, or go into shadow and then have the building come out of the shadow? the masks make more sense. the fact that they are on their own plane doesn't bother me, but I get a feeling like the other things ought to be interwoven, and it really draws my eyes to all the harsh edges. maybe smooth the edges of the masks more? just make them less jaggy?

you handled the feathers on the top nicely. Enough detail to show, enough shape to suggest, and not too distracting.

just tossing out ideas.

I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

http://www.endlessunlimited.com

Members who have read this thread: 1