Sketchbook: Finally studying seriously, need feedback and tips!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Finally studying seriously, need feedback and tips!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Finally studying seriously, need feedback and tips!

Fellow artists from ConceptArt.org, you are amazing.
    I'm Fernanda Camacho, 24, brazilian, and I would very much appreciate comments and critiques on the things I post on this sketchbook.

I've been doing some gesture drawings lately of 120, 90 and 60 seconds and I will be posting them as I make them. I've also been participating at least once a week on a speedpainting group on facebook, with a time limit of 30 minutes for each painting... I admit I don't always manage to paint within those thirty minutes, although I paint the given themes anyways cause they're awesome themes.

Up until a month ago I had only drawn a couple of sceneries, a couple of dozen full bodies (only women), and faces... Dozens of faces... My anatomy skills are poor and only now starting to improve with the gesture drawings, and my sceneries too... I've been starting to observe them better and imagine how to get those results when I paint. I guess that helps before practising.

Now... For me to keep working constantly and, obviously, improving fast, instead of just making tons of sketches and overlooking the things my art lacks, I will ask for your help. Are you with me? Cause "I have a dream..."

These are the first 55 gesture drawings I've done, all of them of 120 seconds and then some things from my sketchbook.

Then there are some of the paintings I've been doing on those themes from Spitpaint. They were done rather fast for my skill level. I know they're not great and they look very unfinished... The thing is - I still don't know how to make them look finished! I have no idea...

And the last one I painted the boy and I asked a friend of mine to repaint the scenery because it looked really awful indeed =P

So... Now you have an idea of what I can and cannot do so far, and I will keep practising every day and posting most days too. I hope you feel it's worth giving me a few minutes of your time and helping me grow. =]]

I'm happy to have joined CA.org =]

xx

Fer

p.s. if the photos I post are somehow too small or appear cropped, you can visit my blog where you'll probably find the same pictures, but bigger =]

Edit: new thumbnail ^^

Attached Images Attached Images                      
    Last edited by zerosete; January 21st, 2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: added mild nudity
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some pencil sketches...
    Sleeping girl was a girl in the aeroplane when I went to Holand on Nov, 27.

Name:  1012762_703151909697360_69674802_n.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  37.2 KB

Two other girls were during a gesture drawing practise... There was a cool pose of a girl in the tub that I just had to redo with a bit more time =] The other one was 60 seconds.

Name:  1526462_717517911594093_1741445585_n.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  41.4 KB
    Name:  2013-12-31_00-28-14_693+(1).jpg
Views: 881
Size:  178.7 KB

Lastly... My feet. Hahaha... I couldn't sleep last night so I just gave up trying for a bit and decided to draw my feet for practise... Though the right one I drew a bit shorter I guess...?

Name:  1601399_718696968142854_1388285382_n.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  71.1 KB

Also... I apologise for the quality of the pictures... I'm not living at home now, so I've only got the phone camera
    Anyway... Tell me what I should be working on first, my biggest problems or strengths that I should concentrate on! That would be awesome

Hello! I really want to be a good artist... Being a girl who can draw some mediocre things just won't do anymore.
    Can you help me? I want MOARRRR!!

-* Fer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep updating Nanda, Keep Updating. =)

Hi, I'm on my way to be a better artist, please visit my sketchbook and help me with that!

Pou is offline PKMN TRAINER- Captured: 12 Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Zerosete!!! Welcome welcome to CA.
    Cool imagination. I need to work on that for myself bweh

Okay for advice: Your first post, gesture drawings...They aren't really gestures per say.
    I noticed you were concentrating on anatomical proportions and that IS NOT the goal of gestures.
    Gestures should be very loose, attempting to capture the motion and the action/purpose of the posture.
    Because you were focused on proportions or something else, they appear very tight and stiff
    Keep that in mind with future gesture practices and it'll only help you ever more

Keep it up!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome to CA!

I think you try to approach this in a way that would take you way longer to learn than it has to.
    For example, you do gesture drawing with lack of anatomical knowledge, which inevitably reduce the amount you learn from it. A suggestion would be to sit down and learn the anatomy correctly, and to simplify the anatomical structure into blocks. "Bridgman's complete guide to drawing from life" by George Bridgman is a huge help in teaching you to simplify the human. And therefore I recommend it.
    Also recommend, "Cyclopedia anatomicae" by György Fehér and András Szunyoghy. Both of these books might be hard to get a hold of, but it is the only books I can recommend because I myself own them and I am very pleased with them.

Another thing is the "spitpaint", which if I have gotten it right is some sort of speedpainting. That is something that would help you once you get better, but right now a better understanding of anatomy, perspective, values, color theory and in general much more experience is needed. That is why you don't know how to finish them, you lack the knowledge and experience. Take your time to study and don't rush it, in the end you should end up understanding what you have done.
    Learn the bones, muscles and so on. When you do different poses, be sure you understand what is happening underneath the skin, if you do not then look it up.

Good luck and have fun drawing, looking forward to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey welcome !

I think you need to look these images from the 3d perspective this aways help me a lot to improve =D

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Xizt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey zerosete,

You're off to a good start! I agree with what's been said - you would benefit a lot from studying figure drawing (which really comes before anatomy) and proper ways to approach doing gestures. I'd recommend Proko's YouTube channel for all of this, at least for starters. Just hit up YT and do a search for Proko, then go through all of his videos and work from them. He's a really good teacher of figure drawing and how to do gesture. Then you're ready to get a few books on figure drawing and anatomy, but all that can wait for a while.

Welcome to CA, and keep on keepin' on!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkstrider For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you so much for the feedback and welcoming messages, guys! It's awesome to finally have some guidance! It's just terrible trying to figure out what to study next by myself cause there are so many things and I realise I've been trying to learn all at once, on the go... It was slowing me down!

@ZakknArt: Thank you, my friend, I will, or I know I'll have to honour our deal, hehe

@Pou: Thank you so much, Pou! That is so true... I hadn't noticed how stiff they looked, I was pleased with the number of drawings I had made and that they didn't just look like a bunch of twisted lines... and I overlooked that major detail. I will definitely give it another go with a different approach... =]
    I loved your sketchbook! Your values are so spot on and you have a wide library of facial features that are beautiful =] I need to broaden mine as well...
    Thank you, you're a sweetheart!

@Lobsk: Yes... So true. I simply don't know how to wrap it all up and make it look like it's all from the same world... How to express my idea in a good way because I don't have the fundamentals etched in my head yet. Thank you for the book suggestions! I already sent a message to an old lady I know that graduated from Fine Arts here in Madrid, she will probably have one of those books to lend me =]
    I guess it is quite slow that I'm learning from spitpainting indeed... But still, it's really inspiring to see the amazing things those people make in half an hour! It's just leaves me gobsmacked! (hehe)
    Thank you!

@Xizt: How do you mean... Like trying to imagine them in an actual 3D space? Can you explain further how you do it, please?

@Darkstrider: Hey =] Thank you! So I should try to get the major shapes flowing first... And then later get to Bridgman? That sounds very doable, sir! That youtube channel is what I'm gonna do tonight then!!
    Hey, I haven't seen a painting of Gina Carano yet... She's so gorgeous, she would've been the first fighter I'd paint

Last edited by zerosete; January 4th, 2014 at 07:44 PM.

Hello! I really want to be a good artist... Being a girl who can draw some mediocre things just won't do anymore.

-* Fer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^ Haha! Awesome.. I may get around to Gina Carano, who knows? So many more I'd like to paint but I'm feeling like it's time to move on from the female MMA series though it's something I could always return to happily.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello =] I've started watching Proko's videos and got a hold of Vilppu and Bridgman, besides some Walt Stanchfield animation materials. I'm also reading some Flooby Nooby composition studies about the Incredibles movie and some things about action lines as well... It's making a lot of things clearer, it's helping me see the logical elements that had always been there and I never took notice of them.

Here are some gesture drawings. I hope these are better than the first ones I posted, these were done in 60 and 90 seconds, I guess this way I thought more of the whole thing instead of the separate parts... I will draw some more today. =]

Name:  010514171259+copy.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  288.8 KB
    Name:  010514173347.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  207.1 KB

Also... The people sitting down and chilling are the people who were talking around the house today and yesterday... I just sat talking to them and tried drawing them in a simple way, just capturing their poses before they moved. Later on I added some facial features so that they wouldn't look like manekins, haha
    BUT... As that Proko guy said in one of his videos... If it looks off, it probably is off. Practise, practise...

Name:  994996_719645561381328_1387214343_n.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  71.2 KB

(Again... Horrible quality... I'll stop drawing with the red pencil until I find a scanner I can use)

Criticise, suggest... Do what you feel like, as long as it's constructive Thanks!

Last edited by zerosete; January 5th, 2014 at 04:19 PM.

-* Fer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey... Painted something inspired by one of the Spitpaint themes for today - Embryo + the fact that I'm watching all of the Alien films this week... *cough cough nerd*

Anyway... Not happy at all with her face and her expression could be better... I was thinking of Ripley's dreams, asking people to kill her because she was gonna give birth to one of them clingy things (haha). =]

And then I was having fun with the top layer changing the blending mode and I loved how dramatic these colours look! Hehehe

-* Fer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Starting with value studies...
    So I went to have lunch at that lady's house today, she's my host's mom and also graduated in Fine Arts in Madrid. If you recall I had asked her if she had an anatomy book I could borrow to study and so she found an old one date back in the 1940's with some interesting material, but I'm afraid it's too theoretical for my taste, I could become a physical therapist after reading that if I survived the hayfever!

Anyway... We started discussing art and she's extremely prejudiced against digital medias. She feels like it's the computer doing everything and that it lacks something, but obviously she hasn't really seen many digital paintings... So I told her I'd show her some amazing things and would also let her try my tablet to see if she'd change her mind... She preffers traditional media and paints some awesome surrealistic and abstract environments... She also does some mean sketching with coloured pencils...

So I told her I'd surprise her. I challenge myself to doing that. And I also asked her for some assignments as homework... So I'm doing +10 value studies and +5 coloured still life studies. This one is a piece of the one I'm doing now, just painting stuff that's lying around on my desk... But it's 3 am, I should sleep =]

-* Fer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those gestures are much better. One important thing I learned about doing gestures and spit paints etc - unless you already really know what you're doing you should't be going for speed but working on form. Best explanation I've heard about it: it's like drilling in martial arts. You do the moves slowly at first many times to learn the proper form before you do them fast, otherwise you're just training yourself in doing it wrong. And a tip - I always seem to do gestures best after watching Vilppu.

Your digipaints look good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Her head is too big isn't it?
    Well... This one is from imagination after lunch with the family yesterday, talking at the table. I was mostly trying to remember the lighting from that photo reference I used for the Embryo one.
    I don't like her face... My friend is always telling me I usually draw girls who look like me, so I'm trying not to do that anymore, but it looks so odd...

-* Fer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks nice! I really like the last digital painting :D

Her head is indeed a bit big, to confirm your suspicion. What I notice in some of your drawings is that the torsos and limbs are somewhat awkwardly twisted and appear flat. I suggest you try to work on making your drawings look more 3D, and the correct placement and foreshortening. Using boxes and cylinders to construct more complex forms, or using a wireframe method might help you defining the planes in a body. It would show you that in the last drawing her breasts don't align with the amount the torso and shoulders are twisted. I guess looking into loomis and bridgeman would guide you through this. I hope this helped!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like you're mostly doing all the right stuff. The compositions that you're doing are the most
    important, everything else has value only to the degree that it becomes an element of that. I don't think
    flooby nooby is worth too much time, I didn't see anything too deep in my browse... I think you would get
    more info by thinking for yourself. Vilppu is okay but not essential, I think what he does is a little too
    stylized, but if you really like his style then go ahead.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to armando For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey =] Thanks a lot for the feedback so far, guys! You're lovely!

@Darkstrider: thank you I'll start on Vilppu tomorrow in the afternoon! And... yeah, the spitpaint I'm not really doing anymore - well, not trying to do it in time, at least. I'm just getting some inspiration from the themes ^^ Don't worry, I won't be drilling in, I'll be a good student! Hehehe x

@Callesthe: heeeey... yessssss, thank you. I hate that drawing already, ahhahaa scribbled that page on my moleskine, it looks embarassing even, ahhahahaha
    so... from what you've said... the 3D shapes and all... you're totally right, so I started drawing the simple shapes again and shading spheres and cilinders and stuff like that so that I can get it done easier later on human figures... And also... I'm trying that "bean" thing for the torso and hips... to help guide me when twisting, tilting, foreshortening the body... I'll do more of those tomorrow =] And I've got Bridgman as well... You've been very helpful, my friend!! x

@Armando: thank you for your input, kind sir! Hehe... well, I'll have to study a little bit of everything, a bit of realistic, a bit of stylised... and then when I've mastered the fundamentals I hope I'll also have found my own style, so I'm guessing it won't matter much Vilppu's style as long as he gives me some grounds and helps me simplify my decoding of what I see, right?... I don't know.
    What I liked on Flooby Nooby was this thing... They were analysing the composition in the Incredibles film and I thought it was very clarifying to me regarding that matter... The film illustrates very well some concepts that I had already heard of or read about, it makes it easier to grasp the whole thing. So... There you have it... =] Ah! And also some Line of Action analysis of Mickey Mouse's Christmas Carol... Quite inspiring I fount it! =]
    Thanks a lot! x

I drew/painted a selfie today... hehe... Well, everyone here has selfies, I thought I should have one too and remove that tiny pic of me from my profile =P

I also got into the habit of taking screenshots when I'm watching a film or series... Of poses, scenes, colours, etc, that I might be able to use as a reference! It's inspiring too... =]

-* Fer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How do you deal with commissions that just don't inspire you??

This guy who hired me has a pizza place with a chubby pink character that was quite raw... Like... He said I'd help him to make the character more likeable and stuff... But then he says no to every idea I have and I have to paint the little dude in many poses, but the way he is right now is just so... plain and boring, I don't really feel like getting down to it.

How do you deal with that kind of stuff? Just... paint the thing you don't like the design anyway? Let that uninspiring thing carry your name because the guy you're working for doesn't have much imagination?... That's tough... I don't like that idea. What do you suggest?

(I suppose I sound like a dickhead and that I should just shut up and do it, as I'm a beginner and everything will be for learning and experience, right...? ok... done...)

Last edited by zerosete; January 9th, 2014 at 05:20 PM.

-* Fer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey zerosete, thanks for your comment
    try to focus while drawing, if you are drawing a head, try to draw it fresh, learn the basic forms of the body, understand it and go on with the details like eyes and stuff. when doing those circle practicing, watch the move of your arm, dont just do the same circle 100 times in hope that it gets better by it self, make it rounder and cleaner and the same with real character design and all that stuff. you can do it this way: your goal is to draw a round and clean line with only 1 line. try it and then search for the problem, what was the reason that the circle didnt came out the way you wanted, and try again with resolutions. the same counts for everything else. and dont rush, this is a killer ... you are a better artist if you are doing nice paintings than being a lamboghini in painting :p
    have fun and study

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Zerosete. Nice sketchbook so far, your drawings at the moment have a lovely softness to them. I don't know your plans as an artist so it would be unwise of me to try and critique any work. The commission question you ask. I can relate to this as I have faced a simliar problem. The conclusion I've come to is that when we are learning, 'motivation' is our biggest friend, we have to try and cultivate that motivation by doing things that interest us most. If I try to do something I'm not really interested in it feels empty, has no spirit, therefore feels forced and contrived. If I'm inspired and motivated the art has more heart and in turn feels more honest. Do what excites you, Follow that inner art voice, it knows what's best
    I guess working professionaly for clients is a different story.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm working on something that's full of many elements (will soon post it here) and this was one of the elements in it, but I decided to extract it from that other thing because I didn't feel it suited that other thing anymore when I finished it (hahahahahaha) =P And as I thought it looked like my niece, it'll be dedicated to her, little Erica, she'll be 4 on March, 10th. She's in Brazil, I miss her so much!!

(confusing text, I know, haha... I will reply you guys after I sleep a little I've been awake for way too many hours... not making much sense anymore)

-* Fer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's really awesome! What did you do it in?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @kennybrann: hey! =] thank you!! just... photoshop! cs4... with dual brush on a hundred opa/flow and no opacity jitter! it's so fun to paint like this!! look, another piece of what I'm doing now...

-* Fer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there! Thanks for the sweet comment you left in my sketchbook !

I like the calm and serenity of your drawings. You're getting better at seeing the 3D form, but still lack the
    anatomycal knowledge.

You should learn basic human anatomy before moving on to more complex stuff (like painting from imagination). The time you spend doing all the imagination stuff and the gestures without knowing a little anatomy (or at least the proportions of the human body) is half-wasted, because you could learn much more from doing those things if you had some knowledge of the human body.

Also at first stay away from textured brushes, filters and other fancy stuff (unless it's once in while for fun, of course) because they look cool no matter what you do. This means you won't see the mistakes and think you have improved more than you already have.

The way you're doing it will take you 10 times longer to learn how to draw! You must always have a plan Good luck in your journey, I'll tune in again to check how you progress!

Shoulder to the wheel, my friend!
    My sketchbook - Harsh critique always welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Zerosete, Thanks for stopping by my SB!
    It seems you're having a lot of fun drawing. I also like that you're doing many studies and are determined to go for the fundamentals first. Keep it up!
    Apart from what's been said I can only add a few things:
    In case you aren't already, look at lots of art. It helps you see what has worked in the past and helps you develop a taste for where you want to go with your own art. A good online resource is artrenewal.org, but if you have the option to visit museums I'd recommend that too.
    In addition to the gesture drawings throw in some longer poses as well, where you give yourself time to see what your subject looks like, how the body is shaped.
    You mentioned an interest in brushwork in my sb. For your next pieces you could try to first setup the whole canvas using the biggest brush you can, then use subsequently smaller brushes as you work your way to the details. But in general try to use the biggest brush you can to get the job done.
    Good luck in the future and have fun!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, man... These are such lovely comments, with just what I need! No flattery, just... guidance. Thank you so much! I will address each of you personally tomorrow when I make my next post I'm so happy you stopped by my sketchbook...

(I'm going to bed now cause my sleeping schedule is being managed so I can have more energy throughout the day... So it's 1:30 am now, I should be sleeping =P ehhe)

I was given this dark-ish paper today by the little girl I live with and I decided to draw her... Kind of... So that I could play with the white coloured pencil that I had never had the chance to use before!

First one... I could only get her face, hair, and general pose lines down cause she wouldn't stop moving while watching the tv and cutting tons of paper into little bits that will later need cleaning up. hahahaha

Second... She looks a bit chubbier than she actually is... xD

-* Fer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Yuniken: Hello =] I'm taking notes, taking notes... yours are good notes. I have to concentrate on those things, and remind myself to try and understand everything that's happening, and use my body in favour of the drawing =]
    thank you for your visit and your comment, I will keep that in mind!

@Bri in the sky: thank you very much! yes, this job just wasnt motivating me at all. I gathered some strength and worked on the character until I started liking it better, nearly finished it and then the guy said he wanted it more... plain. -.- man! I told him that to be honest I felt disappointed because when I took the job he said I'd help him make the character more alive and likeable, and it seemed like a nice prospect, but now he's just killing everything I've done. Ah... I'll just finish it the way he wants it and not work with him again. Is that professional enough? =P
    Also... I'd like to work in the animation industry, character design and stuff for like Pixar, Disney... I know it's a loooooong way, but I'm willing to work for it, and I know it can be done. =] So now you know kind of where I want to go. =]

@Dina2342: Thank you so much for coming by, Dina! It means a lot to me that great artists like yourself come by and have a look and tell me what I need to hear!
    I have started with the anatomycal studies today reading Bridgman and watching Vilppu... Tomorrow I'll have some figures and studies to post! I know how important anatomy is and I'm very mad at myself for not taking the time to learn it before. I really want to improve faster, don't want it to take me 10 times longer to learn how to draw =(
    Also... Yeah =] I know of some artists that have killer colours but if you strip their figures of all the effects even I could fix some of their mistakes, so many there are! I don't want to be that artist... I hereby give you my word that I won't be using texture brushes and filters anytime soon! Hehehehe
    And do come by again =] I'd be flattered!

@Schraverus: Hi! You're welcome and thank you for the visit too!
    I do have a lot of fun drawing, even though there are a lot of pebbles in my shoes that I need to shake off by studying... it's not such a fun thing to do when you keep stumbling on your limitations! It's very frustrating and it makes me even more eager to learning - so it's good in a way... =]
    I do look at lost of art! I really love it... I love looking at the art works for films, browsing through some artist's pages on deviantart, watching painting processes on youtube and on livestreams... Yeah I really enjoy that!
    There's this brazilian blog... well, it's in portuguese, but all you need to see is the title of the posts and then feast your eyes on the wonderful images they post of films and games... http://theconceptartblog.com/
    Start with big brushes, work my way down... Got it! Will try that on my next painting! =]]

I'm making a list of all the things you guys have told me, so I'll be checking off items as I study =] they are very useful advises and I think I'll get the most of my learning if I try those methods...

So... Just so that this isn't a completely blank post, this is something I sketched just now while watching Vilppu's "format factory", chapter 1. I know it's a bit crooked, hahaha But I enjoy drawing with coloured pencils... It's so smooth...

Also... This one is really bad xD hahaha, but... I was making some quick sketches with a black pen this evening for the little girl I live with to paint while I studied =P If I don't do that she just keeps asking me about what I'm doing and I get nothing else done... It's full of mistakes but I dig her expression, hehehehe

-* Fer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm loving Bridgman's complete guite to drawing from life! Though I have only just started reading it, I managed to draw a little bit better today
    Some of these poses are referenced from images in the first chapters of the book, some (easy to spot) are without reference... You can tell by the ammount of scribbles it took me to find the (half) correct placement for stuff. hahaha
    The blue faces are ref'd too, though not very accurately cause I just wanted the expression and pose, and the happy one has got uneven eyes >< Ugh, I only noticed it after it was already on my blog... Will fix it tomorrow, hahaha

See you guyssss, early night tonight!

(I guess it's coming out a bit better on the 3D, yes?)

-* Fer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya =] I found a quote by Bobby Chiu that really suits my current mood, and I wanted to put it on my wall with some notes, a sum of what you guys have guided me to study on your comments and a calendar that I have made (to cross off the days I've practised, seinfeld method).

"When you have a purpose, you stand by it. Something special happens when you show an undying drive to achieve a goal" Bobby Chiu

So I opened some books that I have to study that have piled up here and copied some studies from each. It's hard for you to see it cause my phone camera and the lighting are awful =/ will update it with a better image asap.

For more angles on this that might help you get a better view, please visit my blog. You'll also see other kinds of stuff in there, like the cyclops I made out of my drawing wood manekin with a googley eye and kneaded eraser, hahahaha here

You've got Burne Hogarth on top left; Bridgman small in the middle at the top; Bill Tytla's Grumpy moving (he's saying "as if a kiss would make my day better!"); right below it there's Walt Stanchfield (fat lady thinking "oh... that was my last cake...", above - "daniel-san?", the other dude is asking "am I expressive enough?"); middle/left - some sphere, cone, owl and fish-like doodles of my own, no-one else's like the owl is saying...; below it there's Vilppu and to the right, Loomis.

I ordered Light and Color from James Gurney today on thebookdepository.com And also a new Moleskine! So excited! I love getting things on the mail (...and I love buying stationery, I love Moleskines, I'm loving studying art! Can't wait for it to get here!)

Last edited by zerosete; January 16th, 2014 at 05:14 PM.

-* Fer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Morning! Did these quickies before bed last night. Of course they're a mess, but in comparison to my so-called "gesture drawings" from my first post, that were even ref'd, these have a lot more movement, don't they?
    That previous exercise I posted actually helped me a lot to get the movements and directions and made it easier for me to get the main blocks placed... quite fun this was, however wrong, haha
    tell me what to do next, masters of penmanship! Huahuahuahuahua (other than keep practising, hehe)

Last edited by zerosete; January 17th, 2014 at 03:36 AM.

-* Fer

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 196