Art: Poster illustration
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Poster illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Poster illustration

Hi everybody,

i always wanted a nice and friendly poster with some kind of summer feeling to it for my room - and tried to help me out myself as it aint too expensive to let it print though it is a single copy.

all done in illustrator

hope this fits in here!

If anyone could give some tips or has crits plz let me know - cause usually i tend to dislike my own stuff after a while

btw - anyone know some cheap poster services for germany, or made some good experience with one?

thx so far

cu

mpg
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pretty cool. I think you should put more focus on the girl and less on the blue background and stars. She should be the dominant factor. Also if its club related it should have more of a "club" typography.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's nice so far, but the girl doesn't stand out enough. Her breasts also seem baloon like, but if thatwas your intention, by all means keep em'. I can't help you with printing in Germany buddy, sorry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting concept.

I'm diggin with what you got to this point, but some suggestions if you don't mind.

1.) The stars seem too stiff and the stroke looks unbalanced, especially with the stars placed all the way in the back. So, how to improve upon this?

a. Foremost, I would reccomend keeping the stroke around the stars the same size no matter the size or distance between them. In order to pull this off, you should either expand your appearance (turning it into a shape) or to go to your transform menu and within the right arrow tab, click on it and activate "scale strokes and effects". This is the better way to go since it won't turn your stroke into a shape, which in result make it impossible to alter, and once you activate it once, it's there for good.

b. Then I would reccomend adding a sense of motion or movement within the stars. This can be a bit difficult since the main focus of this poster is the female figure I am presuming, correct? What I would reccomend is to go under the "warp actions" and alter the shifters under the arc options. See what you get an experiment with others by all means.

c. This is purely optional, but may make a huge impact on your piece. Have you thought of placing the stars behind the female? Again, assuming she is the main focus of your poster, you want your viewers to notice her first. Send your stars to the back or female to the front and see what happens. Maybe if you decide to place them in front, to play with the transparency. Experiment, thats the key thing.

2.) The female's right strap seems to be unrealistic. Makes her appear to have a bazooka sized chest with straps that are about to rip from over-stretching. This could just be a look in which you are going for, but it does stand out as being akward and would normally wrap around the shoulder instead of pulling against it.

Besides that though, it's looking good. The blue shaded backdrop is a nice touch, very easy on the eyes yet catches my attention without missing any of the detail going beyond it.

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else." - Tyler Durden

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thx 4 the comments so far!!!

se7en: Yeah you are right about the girl - i'am going to enlarge her a little, so hopefully she will get the main focus again! Concerning the typo i tried like 40 different fonts, but the used one was my first try and my last - guess i gonna keep it like this!

BlueMech: Girl will be larger, as i said - Her Boobs were a story of its own, i really had fear the face would be the trickiest thing, but the breasts took me like double the time and effort (perhaps a personal focus thing?!?! ), anyways they are still to large and i guess ill try to get them look more natural, since this was what i am going for.

gr8t100: thx 4 your time first!!!
    If i got u right, ur advise would be, to keep the outline of the stars same width no matter if they are larger or smaller?!?! Well the funny thing is, they have exactly the same size (done over a fix number in width) - but i get your point about the unbalanced feeling and this makes me think the other way around: what about making them smaller for the smaller stars? Gonna try this!

Yeah, i thought about some movement as well - and had like some shooting star like trail, but this was too much in my eyes so i killed it. As i am goin to enlarge the female and her box (not that box
    ) anyways - perhaps the stars wont need more effects, as if them are smaller, they ll lose focus anyways.

As i said above i am not convinced of her breasts yet - and the strap thing is a good hint, i ll try to have it more realistic.

Thx again! I ll post update asap

cu

mpg

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.