Pressure sensing drawing tools for kindle fire HDX?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking Pressure sensing drawing tools for kindle fire HDX?

I just got this lovely New tablet for Christmas and I love it. I'm actually writing this message from it right now. Pressure sensing drawing tools for kindle fire HDX? But anyway...

I have been seeking a method of portable drawing digitally for quite some time. I have primarily used Colors! on my 3DS for this but unlike my nice bamboo tablet on my desktop, there is no pressure sensitivity. I learned some apps on the kindle appstore support pressure sensing but when I test drove them, they didn't do that. I decided to give them the BOTD about false advertising and, through extensive googling, I learned that some styluses come with pressure sensing.

I currently use a cheap but functional capacitive stylus for all my touch screens (because fingerprints are my mortal enemy) but it doesn't do pressure. So, I want to know two things:

-What is the best drawing stylus for under $25?
    -What is the best drawing app for kindle fire HDX that supports pressure?

I have my heart set on sketchbook pro right now but InfinitePainter looked interesting too. Any feedback for either of these would be helpful as well.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Over a hundred views and no replies? Well anyway, after doing more research I figure what I want is not cheap. I heard the Pogo Sketch Pro has multi-level pressure sensitivity but I am not sure from the reviews and I dislike the nib.

I decided to bump my budget to anything under $80 in the hopes someone will read this and respond.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think people have an answer for you. Just get a Cintiq if you don't want a tablet. This will be the best way. I saved $600 and just bought myself a big tablet a long time ago. Think of it as an investment. Also, colors! is actually not that bad. If there was someway to connect to a bigger screen, it would be amazing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by arcade28 View Post
    I don't think people have an answer for you. Just get a Cintiq if you don't want a tablet. This will be the best way. I saved $600 and just bought myself a big tablet a long time ago. Think of it as an investment. Also, colors! is actually not that bad. If there was someway to connect to a bigger screen, it would be amazing.
    I have a bamboo tablet and I love it. I want this for portable drawing. I also like Colors but the 3ds one doesn't support pressure sensing and the DS one does but is really buggy.

I lack access to a computer when I visit people or am on campus plus I never have more than $200 at a time (which is why I also don't do traditional art) and besides, I get tired of sitting at a desk all the time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, for anyone interested, I'm still looking into getting a nice stylus for drawing. I think I found exactly what I'm looking for...except it's primarily advertised for the iPad. The only thing the support page says is that it works with "some android devices" and that isn't very helpful. (Especially since it would take a potent combination of hell freezing over and apple not being huge dicks for me to ever consider owning an iSomething anyway.)

http://www.hex3.co/products/jaja

I'm curious if anyone has tested this on an Android tablet and which ones? Specifically if it's confirmed working with any Kindle Fire with full pressure-sensing support.

I don't mean to spam so much but this is really important to me and it doesn't seem like anyone else is at all willing to discuss it although a lot of people seem to lurk so I assume I'm not the only one looking for information.

Also I've noticed this coming up in previous discussions on the site relating to this topic so I might as well be direct: No, I will not settle for a sketchpad and pencil. I value convenience and carrying around a pack of prismacolors and a giant Mars eraser in my backpack isn't my idea of convenient or portable. Besides, this is 2013 and last time I checked, that date occurred after we invented the wheel and discovered fire.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm interested in this question as well as which tablet to buy for drawing purposes. Perhaps there is another thread?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As far as I know, the only portable digital sketchpad sort of thing is the Cintiq Companion or the hybrid, both of which cost $1000+. I haven't really bothered with the digital tablets, and I've only used a kindle touch for reading, so this is the first I've heard of a pressure sensitive stylus for those kinds of tablets.

Members who have read this thread: 1