Best schools for 3D Animation and Game Art

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Best schools for 3D Animation and Game Art

I'm in 12th grade and it's about time I apply to schools, but I am seriously at a loss for where I want to go. I keeping changing my first choices and getting second thoughts and I'm worried I will regret where I go. I am also not sure what the best options for what I am interested are. I know learning ZBrush and everything is really important and not all schools teach it. I was looking at SCAD, Digipen, MICA, RISD, and Ringling, but I hear bad things about all of them which is a given because there isn't going to be a perfect school. I'm sort of freaking out though because the deadlines are coming close and I need to know where I am going to apply so I can fill out apps and write essays and do the extra portfolio requirements if the school has them. If someone could give me suggestions that would be really helpful and I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LCAD has a 95% job placement rate in the industry with their game art program and their staff consist of mostly industry professionals. Sheridan's animation program is also pretty renowned but apparently really difficult to get into.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by danicovenant View Post
    I'm in 12th grade and it's about time I apply to schools, but I am seriously at a loss for where I want to go. I keeping changing my first choices and getting second thoughts and I'm worried I will regret where I go. I am also not sure what the best options for what I am interested are. I know learning ZBrush and everything is really important and not all schools teach it. I was looking at SCAD, Digipen, MICA, RISD, and Ringling, but I hear bad things about all of them which is a given because there isn't going to be a perfect school. I'm sort of freaking out though because the deadlines are coming close and I need to know where I am going to apply so I can fill out apps and write essays and do the extra portfolio requirements if the school has them. If someone could give me suggestions that would be really helpful and I would GREATLY appreciate it!
    http://www.animationcareerreview.com...ing-and-design

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Members who have read this thread: 3