Sketchbook: I am a complete beginner with no back ground in art! Help mee!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: I am a complete beginner with no back ground in art! Help mee!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I am a complete beginner with no back ground in art! Help mee!

Hello, My name is Mary-Ann I am 22 years old and about 6 months ago (when I was still 21) I decided that was wanted to take up drawing. I was a bit apprehensive at first as I felt that at my age it was a bit too late to start learning how to draw as most artists start drawing in there early teens. Although I am a bit intimidated by the work I see from people half my age I am determined to one day became an artist. I have always wanted to draw and I have always liked art but I have always felt discouraged thinking that you had to have talent to creative beautiful images. I have been drawing since May of this year now and haven't stopped ever since. I do have uni now so it is getting much harder for me to draw every day but I make sure I do a little something more than once a week.

Most of these drawings are going to be terrible, but I don't want to cover up the fact that I cant draw yet. I want people to see my progression!

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread!

Mary-Ann

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome to CA! It's never too late to start drawing, don't worry Now post some of those things you have done!

p sage is offline in pursuit of hot lines Level 14 Gladiator: Dimacheri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Colonel Sanders didn't start Kentucky Fried Chicken until he was in his 70s. It's never too late.

But it all depends on you; don't ever believe that your art progression will depend on anyone else... whether it's critiques or lessons by other people. It all comes down to your effort. It's about what you do, not about what you learn.

Good luck!

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi m8!
    I made my sketchbook here about a month after I did my first drawing ever. I had only drawn like stick figures when I was 12 or so before.
    I know what you mean about feeling intimidated, I am 20 myself and I see people A LOT younger than me that are incredible. But the thing is, that they've probably been drawing for many years. And probably, they've had guidance aswell ( and the internet. The internet didn't use to exist ). But if someone at like 16 or so can be incredible, then there's nothing stopping you from becoming incredible. Given time to grow. It's all about time investement > age.

Now start posting and join then fun!

SKETCHBUUK :
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=270242

"A man chooses. A slave obeys."

Members who have read this thread: 22