Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1220
    Thanks
    Aha mate that's cute as fuck, nice little video too! With your cheeky bit of photobashing, how come you didn't try to fuzz it up and make it look more brushy, did you just run out of time?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Titley: Yup I finished it 30 minutes before I had to catch my train, will draw it by hand soon and then get it printed.

Have had some fun concepting stuff at work and quite a substantial amount of concepts have been made into 3d models and into the game which has been pretty awesome to see.

Been drawing after work, drew the sketch of the guy yesterday, quite happy with it. Even though there really isn't a design I was able to draw a face and body pretty accurately completely from imagination, struggling the most with arm anatomy and hands and feet, but with reference I should be able to turn it into a correct drawing of a figure. So it did feel a bit like hitting a milestone, I can't do it from every angle and there's much to improve but it felt good to be able to produce a decent looking figure completely from imagination. Now I want to push that a little bit further so that I really get comfortable with it so that when drawing a character designs I wont have to think as actively about the underlying anatomy/facial structure. Then I can start studying clothing/cultures etc. Learning fundamentals will of course never stop but I think I'm close to moving on to the next thing.

Then wanted to try draw the face completely from imagination too, did the first two but not really happy with them. The third is a study, closely paying attention to the things I was struggling with in my own faces and what I saw was different in the reference, then I redid my own face without looking at the ref and it turned out a lot better.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    My Sketchbook
    Connect with me on Artstation

Thanks
    Great stuff Dennis! I like the idea of Indians with high tech guns but you could add another characteristic to it like zombie or cyborg. Makes it more fun I think.

Thanks
    TheBigItch: Thank you! I think I've ditched the Indians for now

Been sketching after work but not enough to post, did the first sketch 2 days ago and really wanted to draw a female knight for some reason, drew this full body sketch 2 days ago after work.

Name:  CA Female Knight Original Sketch Full body.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  341.6 KB

Yesterday I sketched a close up view and quite liked the direction that was going in.

Name:  CA Female Knight Original Sketch.jpg
Views: 1066
Size:  355.3 KB

Today I sketched the full body and then did some iterations before moving onto rough line art.
    Name:  CA Female Knight Iterations.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  243.7 KBName:  CA Female Knight Rough Line Art.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  339.9 KB

Got some feedback on it concerning the high shoulder plate which I'm going to redraw and the cape. I really like the idea of this cape being half the width of a normal cape and only covering one side, but don't think Im pulling it off. Will clean up the line work tomorrow and start adding more details in line work.
    My Sketchbook

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Kessel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Looking at your progress reminds me of why i need to keep pushing, great work man. Love this knight's armour!

Thanks
    In agreement with Kimonas, your progress is inspiring mate. Definitley feeling a virtual kick up the backside . The knight is looking good, think that your ability to draw faces is starting to show improvement, likely after the recent portrait practice.

Thanks
    Kimonas: I'm pretty sure you're already pushing pretty hard but thanks man!

Scott: Thanks bud! Practicing the faces has definitely helped a ton, I'm wayyy more comfortable with drawing them now and spotting mistakes.

Finished the line art, any feedback before I move on to rendering would be cool
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Awesome to hear some of your work's being used in the actual games man, must be so cool to see! Impressive work with the anatomical figure dude, drawing it from imagination, but the stiffness of your figures remains an issue unfortunately, although i've said that a million times already so I won't go on about it aha Maybe take schoolism's gesture drawing class next?

Imagination portraits are looking good dude, although I would say that you need to more clearly define where the neck meets the base of the skull. At the moment it's a smooth line almost until the top of the skull for all but number 3, which kinda gives the necks a rubbery look. Otherwise glad to see more stuff as always

EDIT: Bloody hell I was sure I'd posted before you updated again but I guess not! Knights are looking really nice, I especially like that bust sketch you did in blue pencil, looks really nice. I already commented on your fb post about the cape so I'll skip that. Not convinced there's much else I can think of, line work is looking siiiickk, especially the little details on her armour. Looking forward to the rendering man, hopefully you'll have another character in your portfolio soon! ;p
    Last edited by Oliver Titley; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:38 PM.

Thanks
    Titley: Gesture is definitely one of the top things Im still struggling with a lot, I have taken Schoolism's gesture class before and I'm not a massive fan. I'll have to find some resources on it elsewhere. Good point on the necks, not really thinking about the muscles there and bone structure.
    Also cape feedback will still be incorporated but then we started chatting and now I dont have time (you're to blame) Oh btw I did a few versions of the sword and constantly had to redraw because in my head I heard your voice telling me that wouldn't work in real combat

Incorportating all the feedback I got from people online, my own things that I wanted to improve and some feedback from work. Still improving it, was aiming to do clean line art of all the fixes but then I started catching up with Titley so I'll post the new final linedrawing tomorrow. I turned off the line thickness layer so that's still there. Wanted to post to see if I'd get anymore feedback before I start rendering.

Not sure with some of the changes I made but I need to have a longer look tomorrow, any comments appreciated.
    Last edited by Dennis Kessel; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:51 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Couldnt make my mind up on the line art for multiple days, I liked the arm on the original more and other people's ideas were mixed. I then wanted to work on the line art and realised I had rescaled my photoshop document to 1100px for CA upload and then forgot to undo, which hasnt happened before so I lost my new line art. Thankfully had a high quality jpg of the original one and used that with color picker to get a new clean line art, in the end I went middle way with the arm and I do like it.

Been a day of rendering, spend an hour rendering the face but it came out terrible so going to spend most of tomorrow trying to get a nicely rendered face and hopefully being able to finish the rendering. For the final image I also want to draw the back view and probably just use block colors for that, I love rendering so much so this was a lot of fun to do. Quite happy with how it's turning out so far too.

Also I rendered all of this so far on 3 layers, so much quicker now that I am not so paranoid and want a layer for every single plane
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Cool character.
    I like the blue best and then the red.
    The legs seem too long and too big, but overall good character, are you going to do the back side too?
    My Sketchbook

ARTSTATION https://www.artstation.com/dannykundzinsh

WEBSITE http://www.dannykundzinshart.com

Friends
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

Thanks
    Danny_K: Thanks man I've slightly scaled down the legs, I did draw the backside but really couldn't be asked to fully render that too so thinking of keeping it smaller like below for the final presentation.

Another day of rendering away, did a helmet and without helmet version. Wasn't liking the face so drew a helmet to not have to deal with it, but that's not very good practice so I went back and spend more time on the face. Still needs work but it's getting better. And now I have a helmed version to show too Hoping to get this done in a couple nights of work or maybe next weekend. But I havent heard anything from the German company yet so might have to go apply for internships soon.

Also really messed up in my head but I keep going from finding it really awesome to finding it complete garbage I tend to have that with my drawings throughout the phases of working on it, but this one especially I really cant tell objectively anymore.
    Last edited by Dennis Kessel; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:42 PM.
    My Sketchbook

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Kessel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Dude its looking awesome. You've come a long way. The feeling messed up feeling does get better with time and experience, after a while you just learn to think that if it looks like shit, i just need to apply myself and it will turn out ok just like with previous paintings. Draw from successes and learn from failures. You are doing great!

Thanks
    Nice! I kind of enjoyed the greener blue with the gold trim in the first sketch but the blue light is an interesting touch. The design overall looks cool and is drawn well.

Thanks
    Kimonas: Thanks man, ye I dont normally have it as bad as with this piece and do know that it's just phases that are natural. I think I really wanted it to be at a certain level and just am not sure if I reached that or not. But I got plenty of time to improve so I am super happy that I learned a lot from this piece.

JoeCowan: Thanks man, I am surprised you say that as I wasnt a massive fan although I do think it's less cliche.

Finally calling it done, this was quite the piece. Spend a long time figuring stuff out and especially near the end constantly facing problems with it but I learned so much. Probably one of the pieces of artwork that I've learned most of. To follow my 50/50 rule means now I can do a whole lot of studying again! Definitely have a list of things I need to focus on to improve my future characters.

Artstation link for higher quality, sketch etc: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/oELAB
    My Sketchbook

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Kessel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Straight outta Stormwind lol. Good job, man.

Thanks
    I went through all of your process and your attention to detail and persistence is admirable. I can relate.

Great job! It looks awesome.
    Is this a sketchbook? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks
    Hey Dennis! Nice character, i dont know if it's only me, but some pieces of the armor seem to be a little out of perspective compared to each other. Also try to avoid tangents, like the waist and the gauntlet. Really good progress anyway, keep getting better!

Thanks
    Onemax: Thanks, although I dont know what Stormwind is Google indicates it might be a WoW expansion. I'm sure its a compliment

pilgo: That must have cost you quite some time Thanks man!

All: Totally agree, I noticed some bits while working on it and made fixes but there's definitely still things off in terms of mirroring over the shapes. Hahah ye god damn tangents, gotta hate them. Will make sure to pose my next character a lot better and thus also watching out more for tangents.

Lazy day today, only did a few hours of watching Proko's first two videos on hands and doing some excercises from photos, my own hands or from imagination. Studying hands properly has been long overdue.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Excellent work dennis! The knight is really well done!

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41