Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    There's a lot of energy and motivation by looking though your sketchbook. I would also recommend maybe resizing the images a lot more so that they fit on the screen. I can't wait to see more progress on that spaceship.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,088 Times in 929 Posts
    Looks like you've been working hard Dennis! Your drawings have a much better sense of structure now that you're practicing perspective.

In your figure drawings you don't really need to add a lot of cross contours. It would be more effective to use them in key areas, like the joints.
    Name:  Banding feedback.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  208.7 KB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fantasyartist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    CrankShaft: Maybe I should go back to resizing all my images but it such it takes up alot of space on my computer because every photoshop document I upload here I have to have a copy of in smaller pixels, and I think the site makes the images a bit smaller automatically. But with the more important pieces I will resize them.

FantasyArtist: Thank you so much, I started with the lines to describe form because of your figures and this time I tried to stick to the more important parts.

Figures because I couldnt resist it after watching Fantasy Artist's
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Portfolio piece, added another spaceship and some background.

Thanks
    I am off for Istanbul for a week guys, see you soon!

Thanks
    Great work on the last figures Dennis! You´re improving quite fast at this. How much time are you spending on them? I added some feedback on top of them. Veel plezier in Istanbul!
    Name:  DSC_0022_feedback.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  753.4 KB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fantasyartist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nice portfolio piece with the spaceships! And thanks Swendly for the tips on the figure studies, those tips helped me alot too. I'll practice them more and post some in my sketchbook

Have fun in Istanbull Dennis! And don't miss the oppurtunity to quick sketch some nice Istanbull women when you're there!

Thanks
    FantasyArtist: Not a specific time, I did alot of pages with timers but I just didn't like that method. Like to be able to draw and change as much as I want with them. That overpaint is amazing, such great explanations. I have done another page on vacation but dont have that here but I am doing another page soon and will keep all of this in mind!

Greggy: Haha I didnt have any space for a sketchbook in my small luggage bag

Bought the drawing from imagination course together with the assignments on ctrl paint because I saw some work on grumpysaur's page and I really liked the look. I also have a really good idea for a product which Ill be drawing out, for real this could be a thing. It wont, but it could. Hope to finish that tomorrow. Here is first assignment and then just one because I always had trouble drawing that bottom part of these kinda bottles, and by simplefying the shapes I understood it.

Thanks
    Second piece for the assignments on the course. Rendering of my wacom tablet pen holder. Turned out alot better than I thought it would.

Thanks
    Great job on those renderings Dennis! Looking forward for more .

Thanks
    FantasyArtist: Thanks, got you more

Third piece for the assignment, taking these wayyyyy further then the assignment asks for, but I just get carried away and I don´t mind that.
    Last edited by Dennis Kessel; October 28th, 2014 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks
    Wow those renderings look really good! Good job Dennis. What lesson/assignments on ctrlpaint did you buy? Maybe I'm interested too haha. I know the site ctrlpaint and it's in my To Do list to check their free tuts but that hasn't happened yet haha.

Thanks
    Hi Dennis, really nice rendering on your recent work! I do feel that somehow that last one looks a bit soft though, the glass looks almost slightly jelly-like. I'm not familiar with rendering glass myself so I may not be able to give the best advice, but I personally think it needed some more harsh lines as well as the softer ones, to give a more solid appearance. As I said, I'm not experienced in rendering glass, so anyone correct me if I'm mistaken. I like the wacom tablet pen holder, it's somehow a very dramatic image even though it is an every day object

Thanks
    Greggy Frost: Thank you, I bought the observation to imagination course together with the work sheets. I dont like the bought versions of all ctrl paints has such short videos but the assignments with this one takes up alot of time.

Hunchdebunch: You are right. But its not glass Not standard glass at least its really hard to see through, If you put something on the other side it will be extremely blurry and nothing like with normal glass. But very well spotted cause I think it would need some sharp shapes and more big value changes right next to each other if it were normal glass. I might do a glass rendering soon

For second assignment need to do more complex shapes, for this I took a few 2D images and tried to make them 3D, this wasnt easy so I kept them in a sketchy fase because I dont want these assignments to take a month.

Thanks
    Good life studies, these rifles are less impressive, but I guess it is because they are hard shapes to draw. You could try to refine the lines more, but I guess you wanted to them to stay sketches.
    Anyway you seem to be doing good practice for improvement

Thanks
    Good job on the guns Dennis. You captured the forms and perspective pretty neat even though they're loosely sketched.

Thanks
    Sushy: Thank you, next page with those assignments will be more impressive, I promise

FantasyArtist: Yeah I choose the rifles because I never knew how to draw them, not that I do now but at least I understand the forms they are made out of way more, thank you.

So Hunchdebunch was working on gestures from a tutorial and because I am a copy cat and cant do anything original I decided I'd like to that too. ( real reason was that they looked really good on hunch's sketchbook )

First two pages are drawn with the video except for the top right one on the second page and the third page is all from imagination. This helped me alot because I always have trouble with choosing what shapes I want to give the torso and the pelvic, going to stick with these more round shapes for now.

Thanks
    Got lesson two, should be learning for exam week but hope to still do lesson three tonight.

Thanks
    Got lesson 3 and already finished it, really feeling like drawing today. Have been trying to stop gaming completely or very minimal. Frist page is with the video second is from a video which I paused and the third page is completely from imagination. Really like the one on the bottom left with the gun. Rest are meh

Thanks
    Great job on the figures Dennis. Seems like you're really getting the hang of it. The imagination ones look pretty good too. They just need some minor adjustments to make them work. I'll try to give you some detailed feedback on them tomorrow.

Thanks
    nice figures; these ones have really got some volume. Although the ones from imagination still could use some more practice, you're definitely learning.
    The stick figures are nice as well.
    also, it's the international self portrait day today; there should be an official thread for it, and there is a facebook group as well
    If you feel up for it, join!
    (I'm working on mine)

Thanks
    I'm glad you're enjoying those tutorials, I'm finding them really fun too! And it looks like you're really getting the hang of the methods as well

Thanks
    Great studies. For the perfume bottle I would work on stronger highlights, or contrast to make the image pop more. I would also work on a wider range of values. Not including the cap, the piece only has 3 values. It still looks pretty real through.

Thanks
    Hey Dennis, here´s the feedback as promised. I hope it´s all clear .

Name:  feeback dennis01.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  735.4 KBName:  feedback dennis02.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  746.3 KB

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fantasyartist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    FantasyArtist: Thank you thank you thank you, you are to good for this world. I did some gestures for the fourth lesson but I need to redo them now that you have send me this I will try and make them look the best! The tips are so awesome, unbelievable.

BDHD: I didnt do a self portrait sorry I should do one next year, but I am so awful at them. I tried one for last year but I just couldnt make anything near okay. I think I uploaded some weird colored version I am working hard on these gestures because I really wasnt happy with the last ones from imagination as you also pointed out. Thank you!

HunchdeBunch: I feel like I am understanding how it works now indeed but it's just not showing yet.

Crankshaft: I agree especially on the value things it looks really dull, but I do think part of that is the actual bottle though. I really should have picked a more clear object because the actual bottle is so weird. The neck is actually way to dark and that's what I wanted to change in the end but it looks better because it stands out. I will do a more real glass render soon so it is more easy to read.

Thank you all very much!

Today I decided to show you a look on how I generally spend my time during class, one image is lesson four poses but not happy with the ones I did from imagination so I am really gonna study fantasy artist's notes good and make some awesome poses before I post them here. Most of these drawings are just silly but I thought it would be fun to add to my sketchbook.

Thanks
    It's nice to see silly drawings sometimes I like that little monster at the end!

Thanks
    Hunch: Haha ye, I think that started out as a parabole. ( not sure if thats the correct word in english )

Assignment for the CTRL-Paint course, first one of Pisa was horrible then I got into it and they improved rapidly.

Thanks
    Since I'm someone who struggles with perspective and buildings, those all look really impressive to me! Where is this assignment by the way? Perhaps I could try it.

Thanks
    I always get excited when I see perspective studies for some reason. Are you doing the Observation to Imagination exercises from Ctrl Paint?

Thanks
    Glad to hear it was helpful. It's always a pleasure to impart knowledge on those who are hungry for it . Those last figures are not bad at all.You're making huge improvements with each bunch. You just need to simplify the basic structure a bit more and include some important anatomical landmarks.
    Name:  DSC_0223_feedback.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  559.7 KB

35. The Following User Says Thank You to fantasyartist For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast