Page 56 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Tiggeraz: Thank you, hoping I can stay on the hit side of things

Today's lifedrawing, listened to the QA section in the meantime.
    Attached Images Attached Images                                  
    My Sketchbook
    Connect with me on Artstation

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Forgive me that I did the draw-over on the older one. It was a mistake but the anatomy problem persists in the new one. I'm not an expert and I did this for my own learning, but if it's useful to you then that's great. The only flexor of the wrist (or of the fingers for that matter) that has muscle body and therefore girth all the way down to the wrist is flexor carpi ulnaris. As per the name, it's on the ulnar (pinky) side. So if he's showing us the radial side of his arm, we're not going to see that much of it. You've kinda got the radius and ulna up at the top totally supinated, and then partially pronated at the bottom. Either that or flexor carpi ulnaris is inserting into the middle of the wrist.

Keep up the good work.

Name:  Hunter WIP 2 copy.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  103.1 KB

Thanks
    bieuhien: Any overpaint is always welcome! You are completely right, I still have close to 0 knowledge of what muscles are in the body where they attach, how they work etc. This week in the CGMA anatomy class muscles will be covered for the first time so I will start studying those very closely and in a lot of detail very soon. That overpaint definitely shows my lack of knowledge well

Today's lifedrawing, and a random page where I was looking at some awesome videos on youtube. Which are great for deeper understanding of the bones. I'll probably come back to them again once we start covering the muscles in the class. I drew an armate then skeleton then muscles on top for all my figures today and I think the 30 minute one is the best lifedrawing I've done so far. So today I definitely gained a lot of knowledge when it comes to the skeleton.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Hi! Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook. I thought I had commented here already but looked back a page or so and don't see it...so if I'm repeating...sorry.

Anyway...it's excellent to see all your various studies, concepts, environments and mechanical. The cabin on the previous page turned out great...and I just got a comment in my sketchbook about working on environments so seeing yours especially the group in #821 is inspiring...as well as all the figure "movement" studies.

Keep 'em coming and thanks again

Thanks
    Jephyr: Glad to hear it! Thank you very much

Second week of homework for "Fundamentals of Environment Design" had to draw a top view map of an environment and then place 6 cameras within that top view and draw each individual camera as a thumbnail. This system is actually really nice and I think i'll use it more in the future. Really liking this class, Kalen is a nice guy and a lot of fun to talk to in the Q&A's.

I've officially finished my first year of university, although it doesn't really feel like it because it's only been 7 months (although those did fly by) Most students are going back home over summer but because I really want to make sure I'm at a higher level and can secure an internship at the end of next year (and also because I just find drawing fun). I'll be staying here and continuing my schedule of 10 hours a day. I've signed up for "Environment Design 1" with Aaron Limonick and "Character Design for Film and Games" with Marco Nelor for next semester of CGMA. Depending on learnsquared environment course becoming available I'll sign up for more classes. I'm also going to try and go for the extended 8 week robotpencil course as I am doing the 4 week now. That one is starting on the 29th.
    Also signed up for a summer course at the uni called "introduction to drawing" which is mostly meant for beginners but two of my housemates are doing it so thought it would just be fun to join. Might make us do some still life drawing so always good for learning. So hopefully all of that will keep me busy over the next couple of months and really boost my fundamental skills more. I really really want that internship after next year, have a feeling that will be vital for my career after I graduate.

Tomorrow is "Expotential" where all the first years will showcase their work and there's 3 awards that we can win. Will be fun to see everyone's work and to showcase my own.
    Last edited by Dennis Kessel; May 17th, 2017 at 07:33 AM.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    After second week of Analytical Figure Drawing I didn't understand at all how the lower arm bones worked so I did a page and this helped a lot. Studied more bones but this page I bothered somewhat laying out nicely.
    Last edited by Dennis Kessel; May 17th, 2017 at 02:37 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Expo is about to start, did this for the expo. Took about 6 hours, pretty relaxing just to copy a photo. Was fun to draw with white values on darker paper.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Looking good, Dennis! Can't wait to see your progress over the summer.

Thanks
    Sophie-draws: Thanks! Most work over summer wont be so exciting because it will mostly be fundamental practice stuff like below sadly But will still do some full illustrations hopefully.

The Expotential yesterday was a lot fun, spoke to a lot of people and overall had a really good time. No awards sadly but maybe next year
    Watched week 3 class for Analytical Figure drawing and started the assignment, we have to do 25 head constructions with the trapezius, clavical head and sternal head. These were not the most fun but the last two were becoming a little more fun as it started to become easier and quicker, definitely a good thing about doing the online classes is that I'm actually doing the full assignments. Because no way in hell I would've drawn the full 25 if I had done this just by myself. Next 15 tomorrow and day after.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 865 Posts
    Awesome work Dennis, especially the figure you did for the expo! It clearly shows how much your drawing skills have improved in the passed months. Keep it up!

Thanks
    man those designs really make me miss my concept art class
    most of my "concepts " stay in sketch fase now
    I really like how you present them
    good job dude

Thanks
    Fantasyartist: thank you, good to hear. Hopefully they will improve a lot more in the upcoming 6 months when just studying fundamentals.

ElisaClaes: Then take them out of sketch fase and render the bad boys ;D Thanks!

So finished all of them, not the most fun thing to do in the world but I definitely gained a lot of knowledge.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks

Thanks
    That's a really excellent photo study. I agree that copying is pretty relaxing, especially if it's from a photo, copying from life is a nightmare because everything moves so much.

Oh wow, I just noticed the figures from imagination. Those look really nice, it looks like you've been learning from michael hampton. I also noticed you've been combining him with life drawing too... very recently actually. May I ask what made you decide to start doing that?

Well done with the heads, perhaps I should be trying to build my heads like that instead of just trying to copy the 2D shapes.

Thanks
    KemoWasabi: Thank you

shoebill: I think you're talking about the rendered hunter guy and female character since that's the only two I did from imagination, thanks. On the Michael Hampton part I actually didn't know it was his method. I am currently in week 3 Analytical Figure drawing class on CGMA with Ron Lemen, so all of the figure work I have been doing is according to his lessons. But because you pointed it out I got the Michael Hampton book and it's precisely the same, so Ron is teaching us that pretty much a 100%, I think he mentions the book somewhere but I actually didn't bother to check it out. This is going to be super useful though because it has a lot of additional explanations and visualisations. So thanks a ton for pointing that out! The heads are also from the class

So a week VFX/Game festival has started yesterday and today I went to all the talks. Highlight from today was Lead Animator from MPC that showed a lot of the process on The Jungle Book, also got the chance to chat a little bit with her 1 on 1 after her talk. Best talk yesterday was from two guys that worked on Star Wars, so many top pro's that gave talks all super interesting. These two days were the VFX festival days so thursday and friday will be aimed more towards games so that wil probably be a bit more relevant for me. But I wanted to learn more about the other stuff that's involved in the pipeline of making a finished product so I understand more what will happen with my designs if I ever get to make them for a film or game.

Today's lifedrawing, yesterday's was cancelled apparently because model didn't show up. This was the last session of the year that is organised by the university. I have made request to keep them going over summer as the master students will still be doing their course and the person responsible said she would mention it in the weekly meeting. Most likely wont happen this summer but maybe next summer Also 1 of 3 pages of homework we have to do for Fundamentals of Environment Design. All about shape exploration, I learned a ton from doing this. I was out of ideas by design 5, but using the simple shapes I managed to keep pushing it and I could've gone for another 4 hours. Using the simple shapes to work from opens a whole world.
    My Sketchbook

Page 56 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast