Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1292
    Thanks
    ShinyGray: Thanks man, I do use charcoal pencils too, the last portrait was almost entirely drawn with charcoal pencil. Will definitely continue to use both and see what I like and dislike about each.

6 more of these as the deadline is tomorrow at 2pm and I also still need to render 5, but think I'll be fine if I get up early. 18 done, 2 to go
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Seeing this is inspiring me to keep going. Been in a down slump recently. How did you learn to paint so well, and I'm curious what brushes do you use?

Thanks
    Dominicque1: That's always good to hear. Not sure if you mean anything specific with "paint", I mean this sketchbook describes every step of how I got to this point ;D I dont do any real life painting, everything is digital, and for brushes I only use the standard brushes. Except for that portrait of that girl, I used Greg Rutkowski's brushes for that one. But really, standard brushes is all you need.

Finished the assignment in time, now watching both the lectures for the second week. It's my 21st birthday this Wednesday so it's gonna be tough to get all the work done in the evenings this week, thankfully thursday is a bank holiday.

Thanks
    Good news, I got the internship in Berlin! I had another 2 interviews which all went really well. So that means in 6 weeks from now I'll be moving to Berlin for half a year Now a full time internship, 2 CGMA classes and all the preparations that come with moving to another country, haha lovin it.

Watched the lectures and viewed anatomy of clothing Q and A, I'll have to get up tonight at 1:30 to go into the Anatomy of Style Q&A, probably will only do that once as this is the first one, as I need my sleep Really enjoyed these figure drawings, charcoal is sooo much fun to draw with. I've done a full 180 on it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Kessel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,088 Times in 929 Posts
    Congratulations Dennis! Seems like you're not playing around .

Thanks

Thanks
    Agreed, congratulations Dennis. You are really working hard, it's bound to pay off! Keep working smart too, quality is just as important and quantity.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pindurski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Studies looking good, good luck and safe trip to Berlin man, keep us posted.
    My Sketchbook

ARTSTATION https://www.artstation.com/dannykundzinsh

WEBSITE http://www.dannykundzinshart.com

Friends
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

Thanks
    Wow, congrats Dennis! Good luck with the internship!
    Something on clothing and folds (i need to study that too): http://sevencamels.blogspot.it/search/label/folds?m=1

Thanks
    Fantasyartist: Thank you! Haha and never have

ibasaw: Thank you

pindurski: Thanks man, I've been continiously surprised how quickly it's paying off and that is very motivating to keep going at this pace. And I definitely agree, is there any particular reason why you mention that? I feel like I am learning so many new things and that are out of my comfort zone at work and then a bit more comfort zone but still very theory and learning based when I get home, but of course I'd love to hear it if you think I can improve in this aspect.

Danny_K: Thank you! Hasn't quite sunk in that I'm moving to such a big city in just 5/6 weeks

All: Thank you! That book is pretty much what Ron Lemen is going of off in the CGMA class, but I didnt have all those pages in one place together so that is super awesome, I read through them all today and so much useful information. Thanks a ton for sharing that with me!

It's my 21st birthday tomorrow so I wont be updating tomorrow, thankfully Thursday is a bank holiday and the whole office took Friday off so I'll get two days to make sure I get my homework done on time.

Studied all the pages from the link All sent and did the first 4 drawings for this week, again another 20. No rendering this time, now all kinds of clothing are allowed as last week it was mainly supposed to be tight fitting shirts and pants. This is definitely a bit more fun, although 20 is still a lot

Thanks
    More folds and another 2 figures for the other class, also found a really nice room in Berlin which is really close to my work and in one of the nicest areas of Berlin.

Thanks
    Mate loving all the new work, and as always the output is insane!

Your figure drawings are getting nicer all the time, and glad to see you're using charcoal and getting comfy with it, it always looks so nice when you see people who can really draw with it, and you're definitely approaching that. Those last few charcoal portraits are frickin sick dude, really nice art pieces (definitely sellable ;P).

Keep it up dude as always.

Thanks
    Titley: Thanks bud, I think sellable is quite a bit of an overstatement but I appreciate the compliment

Havent felt like drawing much after work last couple days, made sure to draw some each day but these folds are not the most fun so makes it harder to start. But that's exactly why I'm doing these classes, to force myself to work even when I might not feel like it. First 4 of these done, this time we have to render all of them and go into more detail but thankfully we "only" have to do 10. Did the last two today and took about 2 and a half hours.

Thanks
    Study I did to practice rendering, bit of fun at work. Of weird bug thing in a glass concealment.

Thanks
    This week's homework for the lifedrawing class, not so happy with the first few, the last two I like though .

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Kessel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    5 more to finish this week's Anatomy of Clothing homework.

Thanks
    I frequently check back here but never really a comment because all I have to say is you're doing great and you should definately keep doing what you're doing
    That character a page back is looking awesome and I really dig your charcoal life drawings.
    Dammit, Dennis
    How is one ever supposed to catch up with you in this life

Thanks
    Looking good, Dennis. It seems that you're very comfortable (in the good sense) with realism.

Thanks
    I love your charcoals Dennis! More!
    Oh, I wasn't sarcastic with that last comment, I wanna take this class, I love this stuff!

Thanks
    Braineater: Thanks man! Always good to hear Hahaha once I burn out you can overtake me

Jocjo Gugli: Thanks man, ye I've always put a focus on realism which does mean I'm not super comfortable with stylizing, but I believe learning to stylize when you know reality is way easier than the other way around.

Alvaromartinlop: Haha more it is! It's definitely useful, but I do personally find it quite boring, after 50 hours of constructing folds I'm kind of done with it But that's exactly why these classes are good because it forces me to do the work that is less fun but very useful.

This week's Anatomy of Style homework, still trying to find a balance between construction and gesture, the first one I started off with gesture lines instantly. I just dont have the knowledge and eye yet to create a proportional figure when not starting with a more constructed base first, which I did for the other three and those all turned out better.

Thanks
    These charcoal drawings are really good, I really need to do some charcoals at some point. Putting it off 'cos it's messy haha. But ontop of that those clothing and drapery studies are looking great, very inspiring.

Thanks
    Ajams: You definitely should! Once you forget about the messy fingers it really is a great medium, I also found it to be way less messy than I actually thought it would be. The charcoal doesnt stain everything you touch or anything. Thanks for the compliments!

Decided to participate in the Artstation Challenge, it has been too long since I did something that I found particularly fun, so I'm using this opportunity to do something I really enjoy, which is detailed line art. Going with a secret meeting place for the Order of the Knights of Saint John, want to do a top view and also a first person view of someone stumbling across this ritual in a deep cave in Malta. The story is based on the cultural stories of Malta.

Thanks
    Nice start! I'm going to enter the THU challenge too (if time permits). The brief is pretty loose thought, nice to see how everyone interprets it differently.

Thanks
    All: Ooh excited to see how you tackle it, glad there's two categories

Two figures for clothing class homework. Constructed the scene properly in perspective as a block-out. Obviously could have done it a lot faster in 3D but as this challenge is for fun/practice I decided to construct it by hand. Might make it in 3D anyway if I want to do another first person shot, but was good practice regardless.

Thanks
    As this brief is so open I'm finding it hard to pick something, there's just soo many possibilities and so few limitations, I'm used to having a more strict brief, but definitely good to experience this too. I still was not sure what direction I wanted to push in after the block-out so I did some color and lighting takes to see what I like and where I want to take it. Not super excited about a particular one but I think 4 has some potential, will see what I do with this tomorrow. Glad this stuff is motivating me to draw for 3/4 hours after work again though that's good.

Thanks
    Definitely liking the bottom right one (4 I guess) the best there. Just something about the colours and the triangle addition makes a bit more of a story.

Thanks
    Chris Fraser: Thank you! I decided to start over though as I wasnt feeling it quite.

Got some feedback during work (from Jordy Knoop, his work is awesome check it out) and made me realise I could do better, I moved into the block-out too quickly without first thinking more about the design of the room, I needed to give it more character.

So I did some quick thumbnails after work, would have loved to render these longer but the ideas are there. Probably going with the first one but making a 3D block otu of it and try to get a more dynamic perspective like the others where we're looking from high above in the shadows.

All this work btw is for the Artstation Student Challenge, you can find my submission here: https://www.artstation.com/contests/...missions/31945

Thanks
    I'd go with 1 or 3. The center floor patterns on 2 seems a bit random and unaligned and on 4 you had to remove a statue to show the center bit.

But they're all quite nice, Dennis! Good jerb! 👍
    "There're no lines in real life" / Is this a sketchbook? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks
    pilgo: Thank you, I went with one indeed!

Homework for this week's anatomy of style class.

Thanks
    3D Model block out of the first thumbnail all the detailed stuff are downloaded free models, currently working on some props/environment pieces to put in. Really enjoying this.

The wires of the scene and the 3 compositions I made, went with the third one but improved it quite a bit.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Kessel For This Useful Post:

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast