Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Ah that's what you meant, I'll do that for sure. I'll see if I can draw some pages of that tomorrow.

Here is a drawing I just did, not sure if I'll work it out digitally but I probably should, I'll make the legs a bit longer since I feel they're to small.

-Dennis
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    At school at the moment doing some figures

-Dennis

Thanks
    Worked alot on the Dark Tower piece, this is what I got so far. Gonna watch it tomorrow and see what I want to have changed. If you see anything that's wrong or you think looks bad, leave me a comment and I'll be very grateful. This is a drawing for the teen Challenge 206.

Thanks
    You can tell you put a lot of effort into the dark tower piece! The clouds are just the right kind of clouds. The tower doesn't look very tall or imposing to me however. Maybe if you make it thinner and just a tad taller and perhaps zoom out more it would have more impact. Or maybe the tree is making it look smaller than it should I'm not quite sure. The values and light source are really working for me though. I really get the feel that I am right there.

Thanks
    Thanks for your kind critic! I like your idea of making the the tower a bit thinner and taller, I did this once and I wasn't quite sure then if I wanted to exagerrate it more. But I'll definitely make it longer and thinner. And the perspective is not quite right, the mountaints on the right suddenly go down which makes it look weird so I'll also fix that. Thanks alot for your comment!

-Dennis

Thanks
    Here is the final version, I made the tower alot smaller and moved it up so it would look like it´s quite alot more away from the viewer, which makes it look a bit more imposing ( I hope ). Also fixed the ground before the mountains on the right because that made the whole surface look wonky. And thanks to everyone who criticised me!

Thanks
    Drawing the bird girl in photoshop, WIP !
    Last edited by Dennis Kessel; December 1st, 2013 at 01:41 PM.

Thanks
    Changed it around alot, didn't like the pose at all. So here is the next wip, just post this real quick after first WIP so no one wastes their time giving me feedback whilst I've changed alot.

Thanks
    Hey Dennis! I'm liking your dark tower piece, can't wait to see more concept art from you! And your gestures are looking nice, one thing that I find helpful with getting the figures looking more solid and in motion is to start with one long line of action. This post has some helpful links, the last one better explains the long line of action and even though it relates much more towards animation, the idea still applies to figure drawings. Best of luck!

Thanks
    Hey michellehiraishi,

Thanks for the comment and thanks for sharing that link I checked it out real quick just now but I need to get my ass to school. I'll give it a good read once I'm there Quite some people say that using one line of action is good but till now I still find it hard to use. But I'm here to learn so this afternoon I'll try and understand and get it down a bit. Thanks again for pointing that out and your kind words.

-Dennis

Thanks
    The dark tower looks cool, great values I can see those gestures doing a lot of good to you, your figures are already getting better. Keep it up and draw draw draw!

Thanks
    Thanks minella is great to hear I'm improving ofcourse it's just a bit. But I feel this site and the great community behind it is really helping. Michelle you said it was a small post and it was but with a ton of great links! Ive spent a good hour reading. And I've been practicing alot!

-Dennis

Thanks
    Here is the actual Final piece, I know I could improve on things like the size of the rocks. But I can't spent for ever on one piece. I learned a ton from only this one drawing and I'll take all of that with me when I start drawing my next drawing.

Thanks
    So this was suggested by alot of you, I read a whole lot about this first and learned alot from that alone. So here is a page with the Line of Action figures. I did a few more at school but those are spread all around my books so can´t share those, but here is the first bunch. Thanks to everyone who suggested it!

Edit: Here is a bunch of "lose" gesture drawings as suggested by Iven. Again I used a nice website which shows you a pose for 30 seconds called artists pixelovely. I'm really suprised how most of these poses are pretty easy to read considering it took 30 seconds for each of them and it is done so losely. I'll probably do a whole lot more.

Edit: Here is another page.
    Last edited by Dennis Kessel; December 3rd, 2013 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks
    Here is what I'm currently working on which is a car study. First I tried to draw the car from only looking at the image 4 different times and then the fifth time I used a border. And this is kinda cheating but I'm not here to sell the piece or something and I read it could be a good way to learn, but I would like to know what you think. Should I have drawn it without a border and just take alot more time to get it right or is it good to use a border. So now I'm working on the linedrawing and gonna be fixing alot of things and color will be after that! Spent a good 2 hours drawing this today since I got out of school early so I'll probably work on it another hour now and hopefully it will turn out nicely!!

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast