EOW Round #219: Android Factory - (Winner: Mooglesarelittle)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: EOW Round #219: Android Factory - Voting Poll

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aissa78

10 38.46%
  • Mooglesarelittle

13 50.00%
  • OverlordGunnar

8 30.77%
  • wilkerson

3 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

EOW Round #219: Android Factory - (Winner: Mooglesarelittle)

TOPIC: Android Factory

Deadline: November 21, 2013

Brief:
    1. Design an environment that adheres to the topic/theme.
    2. You must post at least once in this W.I.P. thread to be included in the finals thread for the voting poll.

Congrats to GoodSoup for winning EOW #217!

Post your final entries in this thread.

My site:
    http://thecentersphere.yolasite.com/

DA:
    http://halfshavenbananas.deviantart.com/

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Done.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Aissa78; November 17th, 2013 at 05:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Final.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finished

Name:  2013-11-9_EOW#219 - Android Factory_final.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  393.7 KB

edit - I tweaked some of the lighting and re-scaled the image (after the due date), I hope that's within the rules, if not, I'll re-upload the old one

Last edited by OverlordGunnar; November 24th, 2013 at 04:35 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If I knew there was all this delay with the poll, I would tryed to finish mine to... And the learn is? NEVER GIVE UP.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa nice round guys... poll going up now, thanks for your patience.

My site:

DA:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I liked overlords idea better but aissa swept it away because of the colours
    Good job

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vulgar is right. An awesome round! I was in doubt, every work is special... At least I choosed for Mooglesarelittle, because the majestic tecnique, and the weird jumbo jappo androids.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aissa78 - What a cinematic shot. The man inside of the glass elevator mechanism really reminds me of Alexey Ignashov, a Belarussian kickboxer who used to fight for an organization called K1. Nice perspective - it succeeds in giving off the vibe that this supervisor is overlooking daily operations. The lighting is almost center-stage here aside from the mechanical design of the helper-bots and the androids themselves. The glowing reflection of light at the center is a strong touch. It makes the viewer feel like they too are in a factory or a silo during the actual manufacturing process. I thought you did really well with this theme.

Mooglesarelittle - What can I say? You pull off gigantic robotic android Furbies in the most cute ways. I remember awhile back you had an entry for the Pilgrimage topic, and your approach was an air balloon of Kirby, if I remember correctly. Or at least it looked like an air balloon. You have the natural ability to plug bits and pieces of your own personality into environments where if anyone else was behind the helm of the boat, it would be noticeable. It would be too potent of a contrast in architecture. Somehow you pull it off time and time again. I think you are going to take this challenge due to originality. Everything else is quite pristine as well.

OverlordGunnar - Many of your skills are on display here. It has an old samurai film-look to it (either that or I've been watching too many old samurai flicks lately, one of which is Shogun Assassin) This is an environment I'd imagine seeing in a scene from the "Doom" series. Slick work on the interior, and the moody gray color scheme speckled with lighter hues.

Wilkerson - This works great as an illustration that encompasses the topic. I would say it was a little on the bland side judging it from a "personality" side. Androids are automatons without personalities (unless you argue A.I.) so I understand that, but I thought there could've been an extra element for added "umph" in your image. The androids have a distinct Terminator 2 feel to them, like they are borderline ready to revolt against humans, and the worker standing by is about to become a victim in the crossfire. It is high quality, but in a way, I would've liked to see things happening on a larger scale as opposed to a compact one.

Great week to everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at your environments this week. I hope any feedback helps - keep in mind I'm not exactly an artist myself so if I need to be put in my place, please PM me.

My vote goes to Mooglesarelittle, with my second favorite by Aissa78 also receiving a vote from me.

My site:

DA:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aww, ship! Now that I miss the moderator first long comment too, to had unfinished my android work burns even more... Umph! =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comment Vulgar, I can see the 'Doom' comparison now that you mention it, I had a firm vision of the movie 'Aliens' in my head when I started the details, the two IP's have very similar visual styles, so I guess I was on the right track.
    My favourite this week would have to be Aissa, I agree with bansheesix, the colours really sell it. Great work to everyone this week, I had heaps of fun with it.
    Quick question Vulgar, what is it etiquette for participants and voting? Obviously I would never vote for my own piece, but if I were to think that a certain piece was particularly deserving, can I vote for it even if I am participating? Or is it better that participants simply don't vote?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice entries all around! Well done everyone.
    Some quick crit.
    Aissa: a really well executed piece, but for me personally I didn't get the sense of android factory at all. My measure of success for a successful concept is, if the concept is translated purely through the image alone, without need for titles or description and besides a cool sci fi scene I don't think it did.
    Moogle: literal. Literally awesome. Great job. If anything feels a bit empty for a factory, maybe a bit more stuff going on, large helper machines etc, but it's just a suggestion.
    OverlordG: The most successful concept I think as a mix of design and technique. Might have suggested more of a production line type thing in the bg, only one android being worked on in this factory, but great job
    Wilkerson: it's neat and cleanly done, and gets the point across quick smart. I agree with vulgar that despite this it lacks some character and engagement. Perhaps a more dynamic composition and lighting, and greater depth would help add some mood to the piece. I also feel there is no distinct focal point, it's evenly split across the 2 droids and the dudeguy.

My votes to moogle and gunnar

Vulgar nice critting man. You did good.
    I started something for this, but was too busy and a huuuuuge art slump intervened. Hope to get in on the coming ones again

Monkeybook page
    89 Days to Awesome (a blog about becoming an awesome artist in 89 days...hopefully)
    deviant Monkey
    CrimsonDaggers Sketchbookl

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordGunnar View Post
    Quick question Vulgar, what is it etiquette for participants and voting? Obviously I would never vote for my own piece, but if I were to think that a certain piece was particularly deserving, can I vote for it even if I am participating? Or is it better that participants simply don't vote?
    Hey Overlord,
    You are most definitely encouraged to vote. Even though you are participating, if you feel like you want to give props or offer praise to a fellow competitor, feel free to do so. It is a kind and vital gesture for the community effort as a whole. Not to come off corny but it's true. I wish they'd bring the 'Thanks' button back for posts.

My site:

DA:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Appreciated the crits guys I do agree that my mistake was not to emphasis the environment enough. But I will definitely think of it next time. Anyways great work everybody, honestly enjoyed every piece

See if I can make the new one. Haven't had any time to draw in some days now :/

Have a great day

Members who have read this thread: 129