Criticism wanted :) - creature
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Criticism wanted :) - creature

Hi guys, I'd really like some criticism on this.
    Also, in my pc the piece looks fairly dark... but now that I'm viewing it on a mac the shadows look very light, the overall feeling isn't the same. Is my computer way off, or is it just this mac? I'd really appreciate if someone could give me some input on that, as I work on the pc... and if it's way uncalibrated I'll have to find a way to fix it soon!
    thnx in advance

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaussian3d
    Hi guys, I'd really like some criticism on this.
    Also, in my pc the piece looks fairly dark... but now that I'm viewing it on a mac the shadows look very light, the overall feeling isn't the same. Is my computer way off, or is it just this mac? I'd really appreciate if someone could give me some input on that, as I work on the pc... and if it's way uncalibrated I'll have to find a way to fix it soon!
    thnx in advance
    hmmm, im on a mac here, and it looks pretty light. its not a matter of whats right and whats wrong, its a matter of color calibration. since all macs have the same os and hardware, all are calibrated the same. pcs are all over the place, so in that respect your screwed. stuff like this messes up stuff all the time. im really not sure what to tell you about that.

artistic wise, the left hand/stump is kinda hard to figure out... looks like playdoh with a steel bar going through it (if thats what your going for you did it well)

not sure what else to say, hopefully the color thing gets figured out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I don't really have a crit except that more work on the background would make it look more polished...but that is a damn cool monsta....maybe macs are good for something after all? Naaaaahhh!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't judge your own peace on how it might look on other computers.
    As we all know TFT-screens are (almost) allways lighter than normall (massive) screens. Besides that, people have their settings different everywhere.
    You'll have to choose if you want it to look good on dark or light screens.

Tho I think the picture will not be effected by it, since its just drawn amazingly well!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the monser looks very fun and colorful. the colors look fine on mine, and im on a dinosaur pc. overall, the background is what really is holding it back, either focus on the creature only or finish it cuz it loks like your trying to do both and its not working. if your thinking about an entire piece and finishing the background be wary of the detail work you put in it because you have enough on your monsteru and you dont want to clutter the painting. keep the mood nice, i like it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks all for the critiques!!!
    YEah, I think you're right, I was caught between focusin only on the monster and finishing the background. I was only going to do the monster at first. Then I decided to add a background (and had to repaint much of the monster, since it was painted on top of a completely different color.
    I think I might polish the background further, now that I see I wasn't the only one feeling a little icky about it.
    The left arm gets a lot of people confused. I guess I tried to go too fancy for my own good, LOL. this is what's going on with it: He got his hand cut off, and they ran a steel rod through it, attached it to a wooden pole and to chains. He broke the pole (the big brownish thing behind the hand) and ripped the chains off, as you can see by them flying all over the place.
    So basically it's an arm with the hand cutoff, with a steel piece going through it.
    Pretty rotten.
    I might just change the whole thing, as it seems to confuse people

I've stared at this for too long. Any ideas as where the background should go? Just make it more foggy and refine the paintely details that are already there?

Thanks all!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.