Thanks

Any special tips on taking care of your eyes?

What do you do to keep your eyes from getting too strained, especially when working behind the monitor for a long time? Any routines you have developed?

I know there's a lot of information out there, but I'm interested in hearing some real experiences

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Just taking a break now and again to focus on something far away is a big help. Look out the window, or at least across the room. Let your ciliary muscles relax a while.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Don't squint, and don't forget to blink.

Thanks
    Make sure you look somewhere else apart from the monitor after sometime. You can also buy glasses (especially for the protecting your eyes ) from an optician. Just inform him/her that you spend more hours working on the computer
    Professional Logo Designer Portfolio - HIRE ME | My Pencil Sketches |

Thanks
    You can vamp your screen brightness a little lower. even 5% can make a big change.

Thanks
    Squinting is like the main thing that painters do...

Thanks
    In the past I had much advantage from some tecnique I finded useful. Usually I'm not in olistic, or "new medicin" or "omeopatic" stuff, but this worked.

1st - palming. Before work,, when you are tired, and when you finished, palming relax and warm eye's muscles and parts. Rub your hands palms together untill are warm then put em on your closed eyes. Don't push on eyes, just breath and let the eyes relaxing in the sfot warm palms. past 5 min like that. You can choose a song for 5 min long for take the time.

2nd - suning. Close you eyes, point the sun, and moving your head slowly from right to left and return. Just 1 min at day.

than a couple rules that help to not make things worse when you tired: NEVER rub your eyes. I know its a lovely sensation, when you see lights and forms and fractal in that limbo when you do it, but dont. If you feel eyes ithcing do palming.
    Generally do not touch your eyes. Wash em a little if you are too tired and must work again. Warm water always.
    Do not extrordinary use of strengh (lol:..). Eyes preasure increase a lot when yo make an effort, and if you are tired this can take damages. Healthy costant phisical exercise help a lot instead.

Hope this was useful =). There was a very nice book called "the art of seeing" by Aldous Huxley (the same of the Door of Perception about LSD =D ). There I learn this stuff but I repeat it was useful and I know people that gained back theire sights with those exercise.

Now I write you in pvt asking something about art. =)