Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 908 Posts
    hi Pou

glad to see updating

my crit would be reminders:

-when drawing go from big to small in everything: lines, shaped, 3D form...

wich means draw like chiseling on wood or stone.

-pratice your neck connections and proportions
    -if you get frustrated or tired, take a pause

keep working your nice rendering

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wow youīve been working hard yourself! youīre really improving on lighting and color! Some of those renders Very nice anatomy and gesture studies also,
    My only advice would be to do more unreffed stuff. Itīs when you see where youīre lacking you can really learn, going back between ref and imagination will help both greatly.

anyways. Keep up the amazing, awesome and inspiring stuff!
    Name:  sloth.gif
Views: 380
Size:  261.1 KB

Thanks
    Hey Pou! Thanks for the feedback you posted in my sketchbook, you really hit the nail on the head with your comment!

It's awesome to see how hard you work! There are so many great studies and drawings in your SB!

The biggest crit I have at the moment is to study and practice facial construction more. The end result of your studies look great (those Adriana Lima studies are beautiful!) but when looking at your work from imagination it's pretty clear that you don't fully understand the facial structure. At the moment your relying too much on rendering to make it look 3d. Hopefully I'm not too harsh, since it applies to me as well, it's a bad habit that I'm trying to fix.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    My god! You're just killing it! All those pages of awesome studies. Those photo studies are just lovely!
    You must be exhausted! No?

I'm still suggesting that you should give yourself a clear light source. Just draw one in the picture as a white ball, then image were the light would reach. Don't be afraid to add clear cuts between light and dark. At least that helped me a lot. You could also do some self portraits from a mirror! I think drawing that stuff from life is always great because you actually see it in 3D.

Let's keep it up together

Thanks

1/10/2014

Zerosete: Hello dear Thank you. You are going to dislike me for saying this but, there isnít really a special brush for skins that I use. When it comes down to it the specific brush doesnít matter all too much. Of course there are cases where this no longer applies, like individual styles/textures etc. But when it comes to fundamentals the defaults are perfectly fine and work well. However, I donít want to be that artist that gives a vague answer and avoids the question ( which results in absolutely no help to the person asking ). So here is my smudge brush I made myself that I used on the skins. You are going to want to delete this after you try it because itís so bad haha, but if you think it will help you. Go ahead
    My Smudge Brush: http://speedy.sh/drb74/Pou-s-Magic-SmudgeFudge.abr

Kathleen: Thank you for the information Kathleen, Iíll be sure to check it out. In fact Iíll spend a day devoted to just proportions. That day shall be soon. Soon

Zou: Hey zou~ Iíll work on both thank you for visiting again!

Stinkypanda: Youíre right. I shall try to do more unreffídÖI donít know why but Iím intimidated by it. But Iíll try to do more because I agree with you there!
    Ps. Sloths are really adorable, especially when they string their banjos

Rustveld: No problem, Iím glad I was able to help you. You are really not being harsh, in fact it was probably the kindest way you could have worded the advice ^ __ ^ Iím happy I thought the same and got started on learning basic 3D shapes today ( meaning like minds boohayahh ). Youíre completely correct. I appreciate you returning the favor of commenting back too

Ecki: YU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY THAT. You who did 100 heads. Yeah I saw that >___>7 Propropro over here. Yeah Iím really tired. Thanks, Iíll try some of thoseÖ I guess I donít really know how to do clear lighting source, which is embarrassing to admit. Oh I donít like doing self portraits too much. Iíve got asian face/features and so Iíd say Iím pretty flat and it will only confuse me more. Thank you though, sadly I think I learn more from photos of those with broader bone structures. Idk if I can keep up with you ;0

--

I donít know why I do these imaginary landscapes, itís not like Iíve been practicing or studying them haha. Auto color correct at the end

Name:  xkcgj.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  66.3 KB

Some quick color studies, resembling uiriamuís smooth technique a little because I think itís cool

Name:  frog-colortest.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  35.9 KBName:  aasdf.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  36.2 KB

I drew some hands but they were horrendous and I didn't learn much. I realized I couldnít do the perspectives so then I went and tried to draw a box and realized I couldnít even do that. So I have gone to the beginning started learning the point perspectives, which will hopefully aid me in everything. I get the idea of One point and Two point, but could anyone help me with Three point perspective? Iím really confused on how to start and canít find any helpful advices/sources on it. Thanks, much appreciated

Name:  boxi1.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  24.8 KB
    Name:  dip1.png
Views: 356
Size:  52.3 KB
    Name:  pes.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  26.3 KB
    Name:  sdf.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  20.9 KB
    Name:  pes4.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  21.3 KB
    Name:  pes3.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  34.6 KB
    Name:  pes2.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  48.3 KB

Thanks
    Hi Pou. Thanks for dropping by my sketchbook. I frequent yours, but I don't believe I've ever commented. I love the quality of your work so far, especially your drawings. There is something in them that is very compelling and full of life. You have an exciting sketchbook because I just can see that if you keep it up, you are going to produce exceptional work in the future. You've already got that somethin' somethin'.

If you've got $10 bucks to spare, I'd recommend the ctrl+paint perspective video series part 1. It is very basic, but it does cover 3 point perspective. It's good if you are intimidated with perspective, because he doesn't overwhelm you with too much info and you can see him apply the exercises step by step. He also included a few assignments and a working 2 point and 3 point perspective grid system you can play around with in photoshop.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Hey! Your sketch book is awesome. Really fast improvement, and I love your gesture studies as well as your shading!
    Sketch Book
    Tumblr

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

~Last stanza in William Ernest Henley's poem "Invictus"

Thanks
    your improvement is amazing. not much to add that wasn't said already, you seem like you're in a good groove right now. keep pushing forward, and best of luck!
    -A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    I would love to see a self portrait of you. I don't think that Asian people tend to look "flat". I think it would really help you (You don't have to show it, but just do it )
    I also would have loved to see the hands you did! Just show everything, don't be ashamed – we've got nothing to hide O-O

To help you out with 3-Point perspective: The third vanishing point is for the vertical lines in your painting. Put it above the horizon line (for the "frog" perspective), or below the horizon line (for the "bird" perspective. Let me show you real quick:
    Name:  3-point.png
Views: 340
Size:  95.0 KB

I usually don't construct that point for real because It would have to be pretty far away from the painting. So I just drop in some converging verticals that roughly hit some point up or down.
    I hope this helped?

Thanks

1/12/2014

Grumpysaur: Ohhhhh that’s really sweet of you to say, it’s really encouraging. And thanks! I’ve gotten a Ctrl-paint video in the past and thought it was toooo basic, but I think it would be good now haha. I’ll check it out, thank you!!

Epoch: Thank you

Purb36: Thanks! I’ll try to get into an even better groove ahha

Ecki: Pfffffffffff if I don’t have to show the self portraits then you dont need to see the hands ;D ahhah. There's not tht many anyways. Okay okay I’ll try self portraits sometime in the future. I just think asian bone structures are a bit different, and the features are really far off from how I would like to draw. I’m sure I’ll understand that advice about 3PT completely eventually. Definitely a major help though. Thank you for taking the time to construct that for me ^___^ I'll be able to return the advice favor eventually

---
    A 30min study. Learned something new ;0 yay

Name:  adriana.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  62.0 KB

Idk what im planning with this

Name:  skechdf.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  69.1 KB

Bloop

Name:  100_2806.JPG
Views: 342
Size:  32.9 KBName:  100_2833.JPG
Views: 322
Size:  31.1 KB
    Name:  100_2832.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  28.8 KBName:  100_2830.JPG
Views: 328
Size:  30.2 KB
    Name:  100_2829.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  33.9 KBName:  100_2818.JPG
Views: 326
Size:  34.5 KB
    Name:  100_2817.JPG
Views: 326
Size:  32.9 KBName:  100_2816.JPG
Views: 328
Size:  36.4 KB
    Name:  100_2815.JPG
Views: 316
Size:  34.6 KBName:  100_2814.JPG
Views: 315
Size:  29.3 KB
    Name:  100_2813.JPG
Size:  35.2 KBName:  100_2812.JPG
Size:  33.6 KB
    Name:  100_2811.JPG
Views: 319
Size:  38.6 KBName:  100_2810.JPG
Size:  38.1 KB
    Name:  100_2809.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  37.0 KBName:  100_2808.JPG
Size:  41.9 KB
    Name:  100_2807.JPG
Views: 317
Size:  37.1 KBName:  100_2834.JPG
Views: 314
Size:  25.8 KB
    Name:  100_2815.JPG
Size:  34.6 KB

And poo unref. Yeah I'll be working on proportions soon.
    Name:  100_2819.JPG
Size:  45.6 KBName:  100_2820.JPG
Views: 317
Size:  48.1 KBName:  100_2822.JPG
Size:  48.4 KB

Alright guys, my school starts again tomorrow...and I'm taking even more than one class this time. Sooooo, it's going to get gnarly ( classes are 5 months long ). But I'm gonna be working a bit less as well. It evens out a little I think... Ah well, anyways just a heads up.
    Last edited by Pou; January 12th, 2014 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 908 Posts
    post 111
    nice color on the first image and the studies

good luck with your nexts

Thanks
    pou, thanks for showing the hand studies. i think there's a lot to be learned from them. i'm not sure if you've picked up the "Book of a Hundred Hands" by Bridgman, but i would totally recommend that over the Hampton stuff. i find Hampton's hands to look somewhat mushy by comparison, and how they connect to the wrist and how the muscles seem not as solid by comparison. he goes into what seems like a lot of structure, but it's more arbitrary construction (how he constructs the hand from a weird box shape) and misses the actual structure of the hand, like how the knuckles aren't all the same distance from the wrist, etc. anyway, i find Bridgman's book to be MUCH more helpful in studying hands. that's my 2 yen, hope it helps. i know there's soooo much you're working on right now, so i don't want to say too much, but keep up the good work.
    Last edited by purb36; January 26th, 2014 at 06:01 PM.
    -A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    Amazing progress Pou! I don't know whether u did this or not, consider watching proffesionals painting or drawing. Seing how they solve some problems can be real help in your progress. Keep up the good work!!!
    P.S
    I recomend watching: Dave Rapoza, Scot Robertson, Peter Stapelton, Feng Zhu
    Check out my SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Pou, holidays was great, but a bit tiring. I didn't get to draw as much as I wanted to. I have a bit of catching up to do, since seeing your sketchbook xP

I was going to say add some perspective, but it looks like you're already making the steps to apply that to your works. I cannot wait to see how those go. I think that it's gonna be great! Pou, as always, it's great to peek at your sketchbook. I'm going to do my best to learn to color so I can be as good as I can be with it. xD You motivate me to experiment!
    Kill it it's moving! D:

Thanks

1/15/2014

Zou: Thank you!!

Purb:
    No I havenít I will check that book out though! Yeah I thought Hampton would be good since I have such troubles with form and 3Dimensionality. I hope Iíll be able to see what you mean with the other book! Thank you thank you

Batonik: Oh I havenít, but thanks for the recommendations. Iíll give them a shot, I always fall asleep when just watching videos. Ugh. Iím sure it would be a major help though

Solita: Ah yeah the holidays are always tiring, but fun as wellÖ. Man people say I motivate them but Iím just a tired old bag of cheesy cheetos . But thanks Solita for your comment

---

WELLLLL I'm just going to go fall flat on my face and die now. Hoping the rest of the semester won't be like these past two days. But it probably will just get worse. Ah well, I know what I must do....and it ain't gonna be pleasant
    Gimme some motivations please people! I need someeeee ackkghhh gonna drown

Here take some poo and I'ma just go flop asleep now bye
    Everything I did was halfassed, sorry~
    ( But it's quite obvious )

SB pages

Name:  100_2843.JPG
Views: 522
Size:  36.1 KBName:  100_2842.JPG
Views: 520
Size:  31.3 KB
    Name:  100_2841.JPG
Views: 532
Size:  38.7 KBName:  100_2840.JPG
Views: 520
Size:  38.9 KB
    Name:  100_2839.JPG
Views: 528
Size:  37.4 KBName:  100_2838.JPG
Views: 519
Size:  36.4 KB
    Name:  100_2837.JPG
Views: 515
Size:  34.9 KBName:  100_2836.JPG
Size:  33.9 KB
    Name:  100_2835.JPG
Size:  30.7 KBName:  100_2844.JPG
Views: 518
Size:  32.0 KB

Unref

Name:  lj.jpg
Size:  48.4 KB

Quick studies

Name:  emmuwatusun.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  55.5 KB
    Name:  skull1.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  62.0 KB
    Name:  skull2.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  62.4 KB

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast