Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pou View Post
    Looking forward to how this will play out! Spend the time that needs to be spent on it.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I agree with Ragnarsson! Spend all the time you need on it Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,478 Posts
    22 is not 'late'... this isn't a race. Colonel Sanders didn't start Kentucky Fried Chicken until he was in his 70s.

You're doing well, really. All of those figure drawings and gesture like things in the early part of the thread had a lot of energy. That's really good.

However, pick an area of focus. Decide what it is you want to draw ultimately. Don't try to be a jack of all trades (jane of all trades?) Follow your passion, because that's what will keep you going.

Have fun... the most important thing!
    Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    wow! awesome studies and that elf piece looks awesome! I´ll come by every day to check on updates on that you´re on the right path, just keep moving forward
    Name:  tumblr_mfuxoip1ZM1qjk39jo1_500.gif
Views: 714
Size:  331.6 KB

Thanks

Tired. Really tired

Dammmit I'm really exhausted today was rough. I'm going to go lay down for a bit and if I get back up I'll work on some art.
    But just in case I don't, take this. I'll respond to all your guys' awesome comments after I get back up from the dead.
    I really do appreciate them bye.

Name:  100_2553.JPG
Views: 689
Size:  81.8 KBName:  100_2555.JPG
Views: 688
Size:  67.5 KBName:  100_2556.JPG
Views: 680
Size:  80.3 KBName:  100_2557.JPG
Views: 681
Size:  61.8 KBName:  100_2559.JPG
Views: 672
Size:  65.2 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 907 Posts
    hi Pou

congrats on this last one, the last value study is very 3D. it's a sucess ! just keep doing the nexts that way, until it becomes part of you.

when doing unreffed heads, just try to redo what u did with reffed work ! don't try to change it(you'll change later) or do the old way u did

i see your frustration when doing your drawings. Your struggle will pay off, keep up !

Thanks
    Looking good so far, you say you want to be a concept artist. What are you going to be drawing? I don't see any concept art related stuff, just anatomy studies(which is still good). You need to start exercising your imagination. If you want to do characters, you need to work on anything related to that, costumes, weapons, accessories, etc..

Thanks
    yesh you are drawing a lot and this is good but you need moar creative power

Thanks
    Dang gal, you've been working so hard. I really enjoyed seeing all the studies. Keep going, I'm inspired to do more studies like that.

Thanks

Exhausted. Really exhausted

Hey there guys. Uh... so yesterday was a really terrible horrible day for me. Even worse than the day before.

I got into a car accident and now I'll have to pay a $1,000 deductible and my rates will be shooting up. Now that's not really why I was so mentally torn down. You see..uh it wasn't my fault. The person who caused the collision ended up driving away, unhurt. And so because I rear-ended another car in the process I'm liable and will be paying for everything. Where I live if you rear-end another vehicle no matter what you are responsible. Even if they stop in the middle of the road. Because the other car caused me to swerve and hit the other vehicle, but there was no physical damage to their car and they ran away without acting as a witness because it would be their fault. It's detrimental to my mental health because I even made eye contact with them and motiioned to them and they just mouthed the word "no" and drove off. That really hurt me. Now where my problem lies is this is my THIRD time within the year and a half that I got my car that I have been screwed over this way.

The first time was when a lady rearended me when I was stopped at a stoplight ( it was at least 10secs I was there stopped which is a pretty long time when driving ), she said she hit the pedal instead of break. Anyways she was crying to me because she said her registration was expired and no valid driving license and that she and her children would be in so much trouble. I still called the cops there because it is a legal issue, and they let her go. TWO COPS LET HER GO. And because she was pretty much a ghost without any legal documents for that, I ended up paying for my damages. How am I supposed to trust the enforcers of the law if such wrongdoing happens. And how was I supposed to fix it legally, two cops word over mine? It won't hold up. ever.

The second time that this happened, i'm walking to my car from a school parking lot and there is a huge dent in it. No note left for me, just damage to my vehicle.

I mean of course financial issues hurt me, but what hurt me the most is that I just don't know how to deal with this. Honest people just get screwed over in this society and that is just what really really bothers me. I didn't deserve any of the end result but it still happened because...why? It's just so WRONG.

Anyways I'll stop publicly moping now. I'll still privately be sad for awhile though, I just need time to get over how screwed up this is

---

Comment time: honestly I don't deserve all of your guys's awesome critiques and comments to me. Thank you, really.

Ragnarsson: Thank you friend, it'll be a slow process but I'll definitely work on it more over time.

Mrkolsyrad: Thanks dude! I'll try to work on and not give up on it

Psage: Okay I appreciate your advice and your comment. I do. But I'll have to politely disagree with you for majority of it and explain why. So this IS a race for me because I have to submit a portfolio in a month to be accepted to an arts program. And I am running out of time, which is why I am studying so much at the moment. But whether or not I get accepted afterwards it is still a race for employment. Now I understand what you mean by it's not a race of art. And I still enjoy art and it's process. It's going to be lifelong for me. But because I strive to improve I treat it as a race since I am on the lower end of skill level, and not even professional in my opinion. From that stand point 22 is late ( at least in my view ). Also why is my area of focus too broad? Could you please explain so I might understand a bit better? I have been focusing on anatomy after my gestures and since then I still have been focusing on it. But after gestures I practiced on understanding value,and now I am just trying to get an understanding for color. Do you believe it's too quick? I might explain it is because I've had 2months total to prepare for a portfolio and a month has been up and I wanted to get a better understanding for the basics and work my way up to concepts. Also I'm not going into creating cars or any other subject material atm, it's pretty much been all humans. It might just be alot quicker because of the portolio. I don't mean to offend or make you angry I just disagree with your opinion and would love another comment as to why you felt the way you did/do. Also I enjoy drawing naked women hahah.

Stinkypanda: Oh man don't come every day //// but thank you for the motivation

Zou: Thanks so much!!! I'm trying to not care about my style tooooo much. and I'll keep what you said in mind

Fireblade: You know, you are completely correct haha! My imagination sucks so very much. I'll work on training it this next month Thanks I'll be taking your advice to heart!

Korzen: You are completely correct. I'll try to improve my crappy imagination ^ _^ Thanks dude

Kathleenhang: Thanks! I'm glad I could possibly inspire you ; u ;b

---

Some sketches referencing just outfits. Guess I'll change to more concept-y outfits

Name:  100_2568.JPG
Views: 639
Size:  58.5 KBName:  100_2564.JPG
Views: 640
Size:  55.8 KB

color study

Name:  colurstudyboooo.png
Views: 638
Size:  246.7 KB

---

Also how is this my 3rd sketchbook page? I call consipracy of shorter pages!! haha, or it is you guys XD
    Jeezbus this was a really really long post with just words :I I'm sorry I mainly posted to respond to all these comments to not ignore you and to see new advices.
    Anyways this parred with finals I won't be having much posting until after wednesday. The car accident really hit my ego and I'm just extremely stressed now due to both of these things. I'll get my groove to the max after wednesday, bye guys!

Thanks
    Wow Pou. . . good luck on your art studies. As well as your situation. I think that is total that happened that way >.< I do with you the best of luck in that regards though.

Awesome drawings and digi-paintings btw. I need to get into color theory myself. Draw up some spheres in color at least to get an idea of how it works. I also have a digital tablet, but I've been neglecting it because I simply lack confidence in drawing digitally D: it's so difficult!

Best regards ~ Solita.
    Kill it it's moving! D:

Thanks
    Just imagine yourself frolicking in a grass field with hundreds of pugs and you will feel better

Thanks
    hey I wanted to chime in and say nice start to the sketch book, and thanks for stopping by mine, neclected as it is. as for crits, your faces are fine, the main thing I look at is the neck region, as for the insecurity around shape try different brush types, diamond shapes, diagonals, squares, triangles... sometimes the round brush will mess with your head.

anyway, otherwise, something.

keep doing you.
    "Take credit for anything embedded in the edit as long as you ment it when you said It"

|Deviantart

Thanks

12/20/2013

Hey thanks guys. Worse stuff happened afterwards. But don't you just get tired of complaining or feeling bad?
    Well I have so enough of it. I'M DONE WITH UT and feeling tired
    ( and schools out haha yesss )

---

Solita: Yeah man! It is difficult. Alright I'll try some circles and stuff thanks for the advice and the support!
    Don't be scared :3

Korzen. Oh...man that's a scary though XD ahhahah thank you

Incinerated: Np! Thank you I'll try some different ones. I need to.
    Actually I just did create new ones haha ^___^ but eventually I want to be able to paint with the circle brush better D:

---

Okayyyyyyyyyyy.

Here are some sketchbook pages out of my small sketchbook. ( So TINY pages )

Name:  100_2579.JPG
Views: 598
Size:  80.5 KBName:  100_2580.JPG
Views: 596
Size:  99.5 KBName:  100_2581.JPG
Views: 608
Size:  85.7 KBName:  100_2583.JPG
Views: 595
Size:  46.4 KBName:  100_2585.JPG
Views: 599
Size:  45.1 KBName:  100_2601.JPG
Views: 601
Size:  39.9 KBName:  100_2603.JPG
Views: 599
Size:  48.9 KBName:  100_2605.JPG
Views: 600
Size:  48.1 KB

It's the holidays. And this is one area I excel in, cheap presents yay!
    I finished up my watercolor series
    Camera kills the colors. They look alot better in person at least I think so.
    Can't wait to give it

Name:  100_2596.JPG
Views: 583
Size:  50.7 KBName:  100_2595.JPG
Views: 590
Size:  48.7 KBName:  100_2594.JPG
Views: 591
Size:  63.1 KBName:  100_2593.JPG
Views: 584
Size:  48.6 KBName:  100_2592.JPG
Views: 603
Size:  47.2 KBName:  100_2588.JPG
Views: 601
Size:  41.5 KBName:  100_2599.JPG
Views: 595
Size:  44.3 KBName:  100_2598.JPG
Views: 588
Size:  48.0 KBName:  100_2578.JPG
Views: 598
Size:  97.1 KB

A doodle unref. Dang it.

Name:  animegur.png
Views: 603
Size:  237.5 KB

Worked on the one drawing a bit more

Name:  rosechild.png
Views: 608
Size:  316.6 KB

Spent an evening creating more brushes, and it turns out this will be my main one :3

Name:  smudgueitest.png
Views: 594
Size:  75.8 KB

...pff

Name:  maskbabe.png
Views: 596
Size:  178.4 KB

Photo of a still life study ill be working on today
    I'm excited

Name:  100_2577.JPG
Views: 584
Size:  42.4 KB

I also worked on a b&w portrait...but it isn't going well. And am spending a LONG time on it.
    Sorry this post isn't too attractive and kind of not addressing my drawing flaws. I'm slowly getting out of my slump

Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 907 Posts
    hi pou

glad to see so much energy

i hope you're doing well

don't have a particular critic but some reminder:
    -always check and recheck proportions
    -focus on specific things until it becomes inconscious (example: structure of the figure , or anatomy of head ...)
    -try at least to finish one piece (this one is also for me :p )

DO GESTURE DRAWINGS !!! this one is a must do

let's keep up

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast