Sketchbook: Pou's Sketch Snap - Page 5

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks
    You want motivation? Here it is! Watch THIS, helps me when I'm down, hope it helps you aswell It's exagerated, but yeah it works

Check out my SKETCHBOOK
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Awesome toning, gestures are pretty good too, keep up the good work!

Thanks
    wow awesome values there! impressive I´m trying to keep up with you! (Amount of sketchbook pages that is, let´s not talk about the skill level.. )

Thanks
    @Post #116: Wow, you really take those studies seriously. It's obvious that you have some trouble with hands and their proportions, but you're totally on the right track. Just keep on grinding and that will settle itself – Did I already mention that I love the dedication you're putting in? Now you know!

Damn, you already figured out how to place those eyes on the face and think of them as 3D objects... That's something that will haunt me probably for years to come :/ Watch out for the head shape, though. It appears to be a little wonky in some of those.
    Nice studies, especially the skull studies are really beneficial, I think. That no-ref painting you did really show how all your hard work is paying off quick!

I wish you all the best and a lot of time for drawing stuff let's motivate one another by just drawing and sharing stuff!
    I always hate to upload a whole bunch of pictures one by one, especially when I just want to hit the hay as soon as possible... ConceptArt had a bulk-upload function once but it somehow disappeared... I would love to have it back

Let's keep it up, shall we?

Thanks
    Watch out for how long you make the heads on those loomis studies! From nose to chin, it should be about a 1/3 of the length of the ball. The noses look great; I really like the one with the cross contour lines and how you're thinking about 3D form it has.

Click it and make me happy (or sad, both are welcome and appreciated)!

Thanks

1/18/2014

Batonik: Oh…. Q___Q I seriously was crying . Thank you!!! I bookmarked it and it was such an inspiration.

Povan: Thank you!

Stinkypanda: What are you talking about!!! I am slacking soooo so much. PFFT skill levels, your art makes me cringe at how delightful it is

Ecki: Thanks, yeah heads are really complicated, I’ll try to make them look a bit more correct. Still don’t know how you managed so many in a day. Ah I still am struggling a lot with eyes though… Okay I am motivated again let’s do this.

Sknawt: Thanks buddy Yes I must study proportions much more!!

---

Okay I am embarrassed once more, I can't be asking for motivation this early on. I'll never make it if I have to rely on others for that...but it was a nice picker-upper. Anyways not much again. It was the week...but today shall be good, you'll see. Kay droppin' and goin'

Name:  100_2845.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  33.3 KBName:  100_2846.JPG
Views: 322
Size:  38.4 KB
    Name:  100_2847.JPG
Views: 325
Size:  32.8 KBName:  100_2848.JPG
Views: 323
Size:  34.7 KB
    Name:  100_2849.JPG
Size:  34.0 KBName:  100_2850.JPG
Views: 319
Size:  36.1 KB
    Name:  100_2851.JPG
Views: 325
Size:  38.0 KBName:  100_2852.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  dsf.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  190.6 KB

unref
    Name:  hollow.jpg
Size:  57.7 KB

Thanks
    wow pou, its good to see you working hard on these, i belive in you! stay strong! i know what you are going trough by looking at these studies xD GoProPou!!

Thanks
    Ermagosh pou, you're making my sketchbook look like poo D: I gotta catch up yo. Leaving peeps in the dust. Cannot have that right now!

As always I enjoy looking at your studies. I like how you're using bridgman extensively. Keep it up. Because I'm going to get ya xD

Also you color, gah, you color, freaking talented meanie! xD I'm sure you'll get over your slump, I hope things are well since the accident btw. Keep up the hard work Pou.

Kill it it's moving! D:

Thanks
    Nice studies! I like the hands. Are they all from Bridgman, or did you sneak some of your own hands from life in?
    Because if you didn't, try to do that! It always helps to try applying what you've learned after a study.

I like the skulls you did. But the lower right painted skull has some problems. The eye-sockets are too high and the forehead normally recedes back. This makes the profile of that skull quite wonky. But with some more studies, it should be alright.

In your latest painting, you've experimented with some fancy brushes. You can do that if you like, but I think for learning it's better to just stick with the regular hard-round brush for now.
    That said, I really like the blue secondary light source you've put in.

For your no-ref paintings, you should keep an eye on the values. For that, you can put an all-black layer ontop of your painting and set it to "color". That way, you get a B/W image to check the values. I always keep such a layer at hand to check every now and then.
    And I'll suggest it until you finally do it – do some no-ref paintings with a STRONG as fuck light-source. It really get's you thinking about that stuff and helps you plan the light. I'll try to illustrate that now:
    Name:  strong_light.png
Views: 316
Size:  423.2 KB

See how much easier it is to figure out the form when you have a clear light. Just paint it in like that, you can erase it back out later on. You don't have to do it, but I think that this would really help you get over your no-ref "value muddyness".

I hope I wasn't to harsh here?

Thanks
    Cool to see you working hard. I love the linework in hand studies and the skull study is nice. The mermaid requiers a wider value range. Right now i can see that its from about 2 to 7 (where 0 is white and 10 is dark as hell) but that's okay. It's a good thing that u are trying to chalange yourself. You need to develop a 3d thinking and gain more experience to do a good unref painting but don't stop doing them, you can figure out a lot of things through happy accidents . Keep up the good work!

Check out my SKETCHBOOK

Thanks

Unhappy

Name:  I-Guess-I-Just-Miss-My-Friend.jpeg
Views: 303
Size:  71.6 KB

。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。

Click it and make me happy (or sad, both are welcome and appreciated)!

Thanks

1/26/2014

Yuniken: Thank youuuuu. Ugh you’re the propropro. I saw your color version of my sketch and its gorgeous!!! So beautiful ; _ ;. Such a level up

Solita: Thanks!!!!! LOL. Ahahha come get me~ My colors are really messed up though… I can’t see accurately at all. The accident is in the past and I’ve learned from it. I hope you are well also.

Ecki: Q____Q… I-I think I’m handicapped with light source. I seriously don’t know how to do that or understand. You made my mermaid look so awesome though. Ugh. Ah no no no you aren’t harsh at all! I really do appreciate all your advice, because it is meaningful... I just think it will take me awhile to get it

Batonick: Thanks buddy!! Yeah I even was checking my values with the mermaid, but alas. I need to practice moaarrr

Sknawt: lol
    Name:  September-07-2012-20-31-31-hhhhgf.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  20.2 KB

---

I was gone for a week and the sites pretty different! Anyways I seriously didn't do much in improvement or workwise. I really didn't ( mind a full weeks worth=lacking ). But I'll be back on schedule I guess. Soooo I'ma just run away now bye

unref stuff. Ah I also did a few studies, but I don't feel like uploading those since.. pff

Name:  100_2871.JPG
Views: 264
Size:  38.8 KBName:  100_2872.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  35.7 KB
    Name:  100_2873.JPG
Views: 262
Size:  39.5 KBName:  100_2874.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  35.4 KB
    Name:  100_2875.JPG
Views: 259
Size:  30.7 KB

Tried a grid drawing, just for proportions

Name:  adrianagrid.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  40.9 KB

Color studies. I'm really rusty, but I think I always was..

Name:  handstillife.png
Size:  272.8 KB
    Name:  colorstudi-zhaominwu2.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  22.8 KBName:  colorstudi-zhaominwu1.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  26.7 KB

Okay. Onto unref stuff all yucky and in my comfort zone still. a couple with BEFORE adjustments and then AFTER adjustments. If it doesn't have a before/after then it wasn't auto corrected color.

Name:  nonadjust.jpg
Size:  39.5 KBName:  coloradujust.jpg
Size:  43.7 KB
    Name:  dfguntouched.jpg
Size:  39.6 KBName:  dfg.jpg
Size:  49.5 KB
    Name:  kkl.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  68.2 KB
    Name:  fgfjj.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  37.7 KBName:  gf.jpg
Size:  59.4 KB

Last edited by Pou; January 26th, 2014 at 05:05 AM.

Thanks
    Wow, nice! Much, much better unref stuff! Cool texture in the last two and good job on figuring out the lights and darks. Keep on working on these and try maybe something out of your comfort zone. People tend to improve on the old stuff when they try something new. Right now I'm doing some studies of Joshua Reynolds and Eugene Delacroix's pieces. Boy, there is a lot of knowledge in these .

Check out my SKETCHBOOK

Thanks

1/26/2014 #2

Batonick: Thanks man!! and yeah pretty hard to get out of the comfort zones. Oooh I'll give doing studies of their artworks a try then. I want alllll that knowledge

---

Sorry I don't really like to post twice in the same day, but I forgot about important stuff and I'll be kind of busy during the week as always. Anyways the important stuff is....I joined a life figure drawing group! I pay each session and etc. OH MAN IS IT FUN. I highly recommend it!!!!!! It's my first drawing figures from life and it's so wonderful. So here's some stuff I did there.

I also bought a bunch of charcoal. It's a wonderful tool, just need to get the hang of it more

Name:  100_2876.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  51.4 KBName:  100_2881.JPG
Views: 255
Size:  89.6 KB
    Name:  100_2877.JPG
Views: 255
Size:  100.4 KBName:  100_2880.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  46.8 KB
    Name:  100_2878.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  49.5 KBName:  100_2882.JPG
Views: 246
Size:  37.6 KB

Also two masterstudies, Gericault & Sargent...sorry sargents photo blurry somehow

Name:  100_2883.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  57.5 KBName:  100_2884.JPG
Views: 246
Size:  66.7 KB

And some unref stuff I did earlier this morning, realized the first has the same exact color scheme as the previous post. Which was completely uninentional, so then I tried to do a different color scheme on the second. -sigh- anatomy needs so much work

Name:  threesome.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  102.6 KB
    Name:  demonheu.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  70.0 KB

Okay bye again

Thanks
    ohh pou im golad i found this SB, i love to see ppl work hard, i will be a creepy watcher from now on so lets be friends ok? anyway i like alot figure drawing class, i miss those classes, for me was hard to use them well in the first 2 months cause i was lost, i had to read books about anatomy and stuff to really getting what was happening with the models and with the values the same, i had to see how masters did their stuff...

keep showing us Pou.

Thanks
    i'm loving the sketches, especially the figure ones. keep up the draw; you're getting better.

-A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,444 Posts

The front row was already filled when I’ve arrived, so I’ve decided to pass
    right behind the curtain and to create a shortcut on your desktop. The life drawing
    figure sessions are pouring down a decent amount of golden dust on you, eradicated
    all the weak and negative is what you did. As you calculate your improvements you
    can come to a correct conclusion of epic evolution, I believe that equipped with your
    newly bought charcoals you will do even larger wonders. That is the best, your point
    of peak on a horizon, when you are having fun, cause the motivational voices are
    starting to talk directly to you, and not just only through you. Your digital
    paintings are starting to come together and they look more prettier and stronger,
    since you’ve returned from your one week vacation. That is why you should keep
    on growing and working, cause that creative machine
    will never stop perpetuating in the
    bright corridors of your revolving subconscious deck.

[last update; 21st June 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    Awww POU! It's so nice to have you back again
    Awesome batch of studies you've got there. No crits Just keep it coming.

I would also love to do some life drawing, but this stuff is extremely expensive where I live. Maybe I'll get the chance one day via some connections...

Thanks
    Boom there she goes! Good figure stuff, I really like the 'threesome.jpg' ( ) painting, looks really good so far maybe you should keep working at that one. Maybe define the characters a bit more and add more story, visually I like it so far

Thanks

1/27/2014

Buxu: You bet!! I love being a creeper as well. Awesome match haha . I’m sure being thrown into that kind of environment can be overwhelming. But yes, it just forces you to try new things. Thanks!

Purb: Thank you, yesssss I’m getting better wootwoot!

LtPlissken: DANG You’ve got a way with words ahhah. That was beautiful once again. Thanks man as always

Ecki: Glad to be back!! And dang that’s a shame I’m sorry. Yeah maybe you should try a strip club for models, idunno.

Charmer: ahhah XD thanks! And I want to…but I think I’ve reached my skill limit right now for that one. If that makes sense. But I tried to render a new drawing more, in this post

---

MASTAH STUDIESSSSS. Joshua Reynolds

Name:  Reynolds1.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  79.7 KB
    Name:  reynolds2.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  82.6 KB

This was done with default hard round, just to see if I could. and focusing on cloth....since I haven't really studied that much

Name:  josh reynolds3.png
Views: 227
Size:  340.0 KB

Unref. Spent long time to render this one. But I don't know how to quite yet
    Dang anatomy problems again. So obvious

Name:  lambtree2.png
Views: 231
Size:  706.5 KB

Thanks
    That last unreffed one is actually pretty cool you just seem to be quite uncertain on forms and values. Perhaps doing some nice pencil rendered studies of human figure will help. Not from anatomy books though, find some nice master work of human figure and see how different artists approach. Preferably with strong light source, pay close attention to how light and darks work. Then of course life drawing always helps. Just my advice, take it or leave it.

Thanks
    nice to see more stuff! feels good to see your work, is hard for me to give critique but im gonna try, i think you use too much white in your pieces, do you start with a white canvas? if that is dont do it, next time you do studies from life or photos try to see what colors are the brightests, i bet they arent white most of the times.
    a trick is to start with the darkest and the brigheest right from the start so you have the extremes.

anyway i like alot the last piece, really cool mood. for anatomy get some refs if you need, the torax seems wrong.

Thanks
    I have a friend who is on an academy, he offered me access to life drawing sessions... The only problem is, that dude is highly unreliable and nothing that I'm planing with him EVER works. So, I think that'll stay a dream of mine

I think that I can already see the improvement that the master studies are kindling within you. That latest no-ref painting of yours really looks more solid. The light comes from a clear direction and your brushstrokes are much cleaner. I also love the face

Keep on impressing me like that!

Thanks
    I am in love with your style! And I love the pen grid drawing. I am terrible at making grids. I can never figure them out. It looks so good what you did, and in pen too!

Sketch Book
    Tumblr

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

~Last stanza in William Ernest Henley's poem "Invictus"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,600 Times in 1,970 Posts
    hey there! first off, thank you very much for visiting my sketchbook, and for leaving me a very thoughtful reply and critique! so big thanks for that!

I really want to return the favor for you, but honestly I feel like you are improving in a very good direction. good range of studies, and I really love seeing how your traditional sketches have improved! I love traditional sketches a ton haha. the digital work has come very far too, I would suggest taking some of these studies as far as you can, and really focus on blending some of your colors/values better. when you are looking at the refs, first try to see the mood/color balance, then check the value separation, then the focus. . . what does your eye catch on? where does it move to? the areas that your eyes are resting on are the focal points, and should take up a considerable amount of your attention, though understanding how to loosely is just as important in my opinion (that is being able to leave certain things unfinished or blurred. something a lot of people struggle to grasp, me included, I tend to beat my paintings to death, or leave everything way too loose)

so keep doing what your doing, but pay more attention to your focus, then make it all smooth n shiny, the rest focus on unfocusing them haha if that makes any sense... also - try to apply the knowledge you gain from doing studies, and apply that knowledge to something (anything) from your imagination. this will set it firmer into your brain, and help you to bring it up at a later time, from memory.

but seriously, great progress, keep it moving!

-Nick

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

Thanks
    Haha! That's more like it! So much work, and I see all was worth it . Love that last unreffed piece, such improvement. Keep it up!

Check out my SKETCHBOOK

Thanks

1/30/2014

Korzen: Hey buddy glad to see you back. You’re completely correct ahhah D: and I suppose I shouldn’t dissuade it without first trying it because I definitely agree about me trying to study strong light sources. I’ll give it a go thanks!

Buxu: Ahhhhhhhhh!I was going to blame me using so much white as my “style” but that is weak and fundamentally incorrect so thank you. I totally didn’t realize about the too much white in my pieces. So shameful, I even gave advice to someone else about that issue and recently I start out with greyscale, making it only worse pff. Thanks for the comment about the thorax, I see it now and I’ll study the thorax a bit more and then touch up the errors later, to give me a little buff… but I want to keep this one nonref just to see where I am and how far I can go for once ( actually I would prefer to do this with all of my pieces ). Really thanks for the comment!

Ecki: Man theres always that strip-club. Haha or you and another friend could take turns posing… I wish I even had any friends like that. You know what, maybe a friend of yours would pose for cheap per hour ( one that needs money ) :3 because you have to pay the money no matter what for a real model. Thanks, sorry to disappoint you with this post then hueruur

Epoch: Ah thank you, the latest grid drawing was in post #133 and it was done digitally which is alot easier than pen. Gosh I would die if I somehow did a grid drawing without a grid AND in pen, so I am pretty terrible as well heh

Nickybeats: Hey thanks for returning the favor, that’s the best. Thanks for the solid advice. Oh man my perception was totally incorrect… I was thinking textured in focused area and less textured elsewhere? Mmmm I guess smooth/shiny work the same way to a contrasting unfocus. Thanks I understand what you mean, and I’ll work harder on getting the most out of my master/studies. I also strangle my artpieces to death as you can see! You keep moving as well :3

Batonick:
    Thank you lovely bato c:

---

Okay so I don’t have too much to show but I wanted to see your responses/advices to my latest piece and also I was afraid if I didn’t come back until the weekend ( when I can draw more solidly ) I’d never come back or something o___e

Some color studies 10min ea

Name:  cl.png
Views: 166
Size:  190.7 KB
    Name:  1.png
Views: 162
Size:  209.4 KB
    Name:  2.png
Size:  233.0 KB
    Name:  3.png
Views: 160
Size:  198.2 KB
    Name:  4.png
Size:  266.1 KB

Uh... I made a breakthrough while brushing my teeth last night. Realized that eyes are round? I don't know I knew that they were round but I just didn't grasp it until now... -sigh- slow me as always. Anyways really fast unref crap eye to see if I knew what I was thinking

Name:  eyemazin.png
Views: 163
Size:  114.4 KB

Well.... pitifully small pile. I also did some small copying out of artbooks but it's just all the same and would prefer not to post it. I also spent a good deal farting around with brushes again. It makes me so sad that I can't draw as much as I would like ;_____;

Thanks
    yeah eyes are round XD I understand you with the torax, when i do pieces from mind i dont like to correct either unless its a commission. your color stuies are colorfull

Thanks
    You're a lil' star! Thanks for commenting on my sketchbook! Made a friend *high five*. But yeah, you've made a real improvement in a short space of time, really impressive! I wish I had half of your effort, real inspiring. Just shows what a difference studying does make if you put the effort in! I love the last piece on post 141, really cool. Your figure drawings have came on heaps, and I love the master studies. Teach me your ways of dedication? I need it. I'll keep checking in!

Thanks

2/1/2014

Buxu: Ah I adjusted it though ( in this post ) thanks buxu~

Sudafreekan: Oawwwhh shucks thank you *HIGHFIVE NEW FRIEND YEAH* . mmm dedication..i don't know I feel like I could be working harder honestly ;___;''. I just like to draw, so I do what I need in order to do that. Also this is my drug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLyH94jNau0 feel free to overdose with me.

---

SB pages, practiced diff things from photos etc. Also partook of loomis

Name:  100_2885.JPG
Views: 296
Size:  41.6 KBName:  100_2890.JPG
Views: 297
Size:  37.2 KB
    Name:  100_2892.JPG
Views: 295
Size:  43.3 KBName:  100_2891.JPG
Views: 297
Size:  45.7 KB
    Name:  100_2895.JPG
Size:  46.4 KBName:  100_2896.JPG
Views: 295
Size:  42.1 KB

I cringe at the hook hand don't bring it up pls
    unref stuff

Name:  100_2886.JPG
Size:  54.8 KBName:  100_2889.JPG
Views: 298
Size:  59.8 KBName:  100_2894.JPG
Views: 292
Size:  59.0 KB

unref, yeah comfort zone spot. I'll get out of it

Name:  Mothafak.png
Size:  576.0 KB

I refined this piece and I think it's finished now...at least I don't think I can do more at my current level that would be worth my investment . HOWEVER Feel free to redline/rip this shit apart please so I can learn from this! The most major flaw I can see is that the light source is total askew and doesn't match up ( lol noticed towards the end ). Still unref

Name:  lambtree22.png
Views: 294
Size:  672.7 KB

And selfie from mirror. Ugh does not look like me :I and no hard shadows... Ah well Ill learn eventually

Name:  selfie1.png
Views: 293
Size:  312.6 KB

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 451