Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks
    Pou, The womans face in acrylic with the red lips is beautiful! Its got that creamy look. And im seeing alot of improvment in your paintings.

I hope you dont mind, I did a bit of a paint over, just some quick edge work which might or might not improve your painting. Im not alot of your longer studies are more refined, so im not sure if its just not something your practicing in these other studies and so arent minding it as much, but I think just a tad of attention to SOME of the edges, Mainly around the light side of the cheek, and a bit in the hair, the shadow under the nose and the crease in the cheek, wont take long and would be a good habit. Just a few solid looking forms can help a painting, too many can kill it though, and too few as well. But Its all personal preference.
    Really that's my only critique, try to look up some tutorials or books on edges, aswel, study the way they were used by masters, or how they look in real life. Whats sharp and whats not. A strong light lays onto the skin crisply, then trails off around the form, subtly. Cast shadows, perhaps can be thought of in the same way, like a light course coming off whatever is casting it, crisp and hard, but becoming lost as the direction of the form changes. flat forms with shadows cast on them have crisper edges. No no, but im right there with you, Im not even sure if the stuff I just said holds up, its just what Ive observed and has helped me determine how to treat edges. If you learn anything from your own study, let me know so I can work on it as well. Always a pleasure visiting this sketchbook

Name:  screen1.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  78.2 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

CarmelW: Thank you

Casben: Thanks, you should aim for higher though haha
    ( do you have a sketchbk casben? )

Drkolsyrad: Yeah I smacked the artblock around a bit. I'm good for now. Thank youu

Zou: Thanks zou, hmmm how do you still keep the borders after you paint over them?
    Ahh Ill just be more careful

Rakno: Youre completely correct! Thank you for the paint over as well.
    I started off with greyscale for this study. It was pretty absent minded edgewise
    Ive saved your advice and I'll look at it again in the future

---

I accidentally recycled all my paper studies.... ah. no im not lying

imagination

Name:  Screen shot 2014-05-01 at 12.55.11 AM.png
Views: 743
Size:  266.1 KB

3hr so far. The colors of both these imaginations are similar. I didnt even notice jeez
    Name:  imagination piece.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  75.2 KB

studie, just trying to observe values

Name:  wuicks.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  454.8 KB

Thanks
    Haha I tend to also go with the same color scheme on many of my things... Not intentionally, it's just... happening... for some reason... And oh my god are you serious about accidentally recycling all of them paper studies? T__T

Anyway! --

I hope that you find your path again on your art journey! Something that helps me when I feel lost is to give myself time off to get inspired by different things. I might even have a break for a day or two and just try to forget about art for a minute. What usually gets me into art blocks in the first place is the desperate feeling of "I have to succeed on this path!!!" but what happens after some time is that I'm running with tunnel vision, I don't keep my eyes nor my mind open for new things, so things get boring. Not sure if that's how you're feeling but yeah. thought that i'd share how I usually get out of the mess.

I really like that you played around with traditional mediums such as acrylics. Haven't seen you paint traditionally I think Might be wrong! You got some interesting shapes in that landscape imagination piece, are you gonna push it? I want to see you push your imagination pieces to the limit!

edit: And omg I just read your latest post in Buxus SB. I lol'd. A lot.

Thanks

Thanks uiri! Alot! Artblocks are hard to deal with and I haven't really had a week long one before... I think. I'm just grateful it wasn't as bad as months or something haha. And I'm trying to push this imagination one, youll see it in this post

---

Sstudies.

Name:  foot1.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  35.4 KB
    Name:  Studies.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  66.4 KB

workng on the imagination a bit more, its too dark right now but anyways.
    Also I have begun a bit of reffing during the piece

Name:  Screen shot 2014-05-04 at 2.03.47 AM.png
Views: 709
Size:  362.1 KB

2min gestures. These. Are. Fun.

Name:  100_3529.JPG
Views: 710
Size:  44.7 KBName:  100_3527.JPG
Views: 710
Size:  76.7 KBName:  100_3528.JPG
Views: 707
Size:  70.3 KBName:  100_3525.JPG
Views: 699
Size:  73.3 KB

Oh and it's been six months since I've joined CA,
    so yay mini anniversary day for me

Thanks
    Happy 6-months-of-conceptart-day!!

I had an art block for 1.5 months. Was puurrretteh darn depressing i must say. Hopefully yours won't be as long!! Do you have any thoughts on why you might be having an art block? Please tell me if so. I can maybe relate to what you feel or something, and maybe help.

Nice gestures, they're filled with energy and life. Btw where do you find them? Is it Pixelovely or are they from life? Might also do some!

Thanks
    6 months is little compared to your process, will definitely be stalking you pou
    sadly I can hardly give any critique but maybe I can cheer you up!
    and I do have a sketchbook, It's in the link!
    and by the way.. I really don't want to ask but what kind of brushes do you use? I know begginers should use hard brushes but I just really like the effects they give to your pieces, specially in that torso study

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 908 Posts
    Hi Pou

You're getting some nice effect with your brush strokes.

Read the following if you're rdy for some critics

-For the edges, you can be very careful (and use straight lines when rendering the borders). You can also do the layered method, you know , doing a careful inking then fillin it with flat color THEN blocking opacity.

-Doing structure before begin the painting will propably help you for the feet (or any part you're studying)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Pou

You're getting some nice effect with your brush strokes.

Read the following if you're rdy for some critics

-For the edges, you can be very careful (and use straight lines when rendering the borders). You can also do the layered method, you know , doing a careful inking then fillin it with flat color THEN blocking opacity.

-Doing structure before begin the painting will propably help you for the feet (or any part you're studying)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,554 Times in 4,513 Posts
    I've really enjoyed looking through your sb and seeing the great improvement. Just think what another 6 months will do to you.

Thanks

5/18/14

Thanks guys! Phew sorry that was the last long absence from me in awhile.
    I got over the artblock, but then had nonart College Finals and CA was down, yada yada.
    I have two more finals next week and then I'll be free, graduating and done with school for forever!!

Here's some stuff I did.
    imaginations
    Name:  thjmbn.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  111.7 KB
    Name:  Screen shot 2014-05-04 at 11.57.14 AM-1.png
Size:  277.5 KB
    Name:  1 epi-1.png
Size:  317.1 KB
    Name:  dder.jpg
Size:  49.1 KB
    Name:  fgg.jpg
Size:  76.5 KB

studies
    Name:  Landscape studie.jpg
Size:  169.3 KB
    Name:  landscupp.jpg
Size:  105.1 KB
    Name:  landscp.jpg
Size:  105.2 KB
    Name:  yay hay.jpg
Size:  39.0 KB
    Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Size:  53.9 KB
    Name:  movie studie with rakoo.jpg
Size:  87.4 KB

Here's yesterdays stuff

Name:  fhtrt.jpg
Size:  58.7 KB
    Name:  study.jpg
Size:  79.8 KB
    Name:  Thumbnail-1.jpg
Size:  81.6 KB

I'm physically sick! itttt hurrrttsss
    Gonna tackle more perspective to understand landscapes :3

Oh also I tried to do cellshading...but then got impatient..
    Name:  boobs.jpg
Size:  58.6 KB

Enough of excusesssss bleeeucrrkkk

Thanks
    POU ¦0 hey how are you? i was waiting^^ aw come on a little bit more concentration on the studies would be good! really try to capture some cool stuff from these.. i have no idea what your goal was but they look very rough xD the rest is pretty cool, escpecially the jelly mountain ¦D

Thanks

Thank you yuni! Yeah they werent really concentrated D::

---

I've graduated!!!!!!!!!!! andddd starting today i can do art training ive made up
    Here's a quick study. I like it though
    Next update will be back on track I swear (since every nonart obstacle I've ran over now)

Name:  Screen shot 2014-05-18 at 3.01.36 PM.png
Views: 563
Size:  71.8 KB

Thanks
    damn Pou im so happy for you T_T

congratullations!!!

you already know what i think of your stuff, i have no critiques, im just happy, to see that now your gonna be free for art and i will be able to see more of your stuff more frequently T_T

Thanks
    CONGRATULATIONS!

Cool study! I'm looking forward for the bigger update you're mildly suggesting! #The_Anticipation!

Thanks
    Whoa, congrats on graduating! Bet that's a big weight off your shoulders. It's an exciting time! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

Thanks
    Buxu: Hope I can say the same for you....? XD Thank you

Uiri: Thanks man. O-oh noooooo

Grumpysaur: Thanks hun, it really is phew.

---

Yesterdays! gonna upload daily and get back into the rhythmn

I worked more on the imagination. It's soooo difficult D:

Pou's Sketch Snap

heads studies
    Pou's Sketch Snap
    Pou's Sketch Snap

Thanks
    oh oh oh so your going to get intense eh, ok then, ill check your stuff regulary, and ill updtae more oftenn too (but not here D

i have to say that chick is pretty awesome but i want to challenge you, do something finished, i believe it will show you alot, i can feel your pieces work but they are incomplete.

c´mon pou show me what you got!!!

Thanks
    For some reason i can't see post 369... Or at least what you've attached in it. It's all blank! Oh well! Super cool imagination piece, the color palette you're using is really nice, also nice to hear that you're trying to get your rhythm back! I want to google+ again! Say when you're free and we'll paint!

Keep it up Pou Chan!

Thanks
    Hey pou, well done with your recent imagination stuff - its tough i know, but hang in there! Def at least keep the background and foreground on different layers. Also it totally helps to do a good sketch first, the put values in then put in colour. It helps when starting out. Ultimately though its best to put everything down at once - though that is really hard!

Dont expect too much yet you have to study more. When you get your ass kicked dont get disheartened - fight back! - Divide and conquer is the best policy. For example in your last imagination piece you need to be able to:
    have good compositional skills, be able to render fabrics well, to be able to draw a face well, to be able to draw hands well, to be able to draw a room in perspective well. All this in colour also whilst handing tone. These are just a few of the things you need, study all of these individually, really hard, then come back and attempt the same piece. I promise you it will be easier then!

I dont mean to be tough on you but the hard work im sure you have noticed has improved your skills, All you need is to keep going!

You have improved a lot since you started and your hard work will pay off ! keep at it!

Thanks
    Buxu: Nooooooo this imagination one is a failure i dont wanna complete this one D:::: it's so ppooor. Augh

Uiri: Im free for forever. Just fb me when youre available and I'm on kay. Anytimes cool Thanks for the complement

Kimonas: nah man youre completely correct! haha augh I'd love to practice everything you said, before attempting an imagination piece again...but I have to apply what I'm learning otherwise theres no point. Even though it's so painful for me D: I would love to just do studies all day and not worry bahaha. Thank you for the encouragement!

----

Acrylic!! Selfportrait
    Pou's Sketch Snap

Thanks
    post 375: first one from imagination right, well it's a good work, hope you'll finish itGreat job on dealing with acrylic, already a portrait i'm impresssed !

Thanks
    edit: Thank you zou! Yeah I have to work on finishing things D:

Yesterday

Pou's Sketch Snap
    Pou's Sketch Snap
    Pou's Sketch Snap
    Pou's Sketch Snap

Thanks
    Wow you have really improved a lot in such a short time!
    Just keep at what you are doing!
    Awesome work!

Thanks
    Thanks niam!

---

yesterdays!
    I think I made a breakthrough with this imagination, still it could use some work. I just don't know how though
    Pou's Sketch Snap

studies

Pou's Sketch Snap
    Pou's Sketch Snap
    Pou's Sketch Snap

Thanks
    last portrait is pretty good. Just push it and keep working .
    Take care of the the outer edges. you can work with selection and go after it to smooth some areas (smaller version of found and lost edges)

(same for other images, like i told take care of outer edges)

take care

Thanks
    Gahh last study so good pou! Gorgeous! And seriously the values in those studies, you're a machine! I don't really have anything constructive to say, more than i told you on facebook about the first portrait.

keepsu werkingsu harderuuuu~~~!! REVERUP! EVORUTION!

Thanks
    zou: Thanks for the advice man!! I'm being more considerate of that because of you. you cant tell in these though...but i swear i am T_T

Uiri: Thanks uiri! let's evolutionize together. cant leave my buddy cyndaquill alone.

---
    imaginatio. So many things stiff but im still happy lol

Pou's Sketch Snap

studie

Pou's Sketch Snap
    Pou's Sketch Snap

Thanks
    whoo Pou, nice stuff, i would like to see more paintings like the portrait up there (the girl with the purple hair, if you know which one i mean ¦) looks great and it works well with the rendering.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 2,530 Posts

Your distance to the large gates of the big league is significantly shortening, that
    meaning that you will get to the third level of achievements pretty soon. You know
    that you have already unlocked a few silver coin treasure chest, but the next one
    that you will get your hands on will be a large one with a golden content in it.
    I believe in your capabilities and in your talent in general, cause what I’ve seen
    till now is just more than stellar and marvelous. Every time you touch the canvas
    there is something cracking above on the silvery sky. You are pulling some traditional
    background, knowledge that is transitioning into digital in a very effective way, I truly
    admire. Your acryclic skills are making my jaw to hit the floor, I am not exaggerating,
    I have a very flexible jaw. Your values and colors are starting to hit the rusty nail
    right on it’s middle point, right on the center of the head, oh I feel so excited, cause
    I know that only in a few days from now, you will come up with something new
    and with something even more dynamic. You bring this great environment, of
    talking midnight dolls all around the corn fields, this pleasant warm winter room
    environment where all your friends feel comfortable, I feel so great coming
    to this sketchbook, reading all the comments and replies. You just keep
    on going this way, cause you are changing the old wooden chair
    to a new and fantasy kind freshly painted full of attractiveness
    high royal easily mountable throne.

Thanks
    Hey Pou! Im not going to say that much because you seem to know how to learn and the progress you are making with your black and white drawings is incredible, your forms are coming out to play! Its tricky translating this into colour, if you have trouble with this let me know and ill share what i know. Share those secrets pou!

Thanks
    Yuni: Thank you! And do you mean my self portrait D:? I-i feel like youre hinting at something

Ltplissken: THanks man. -sigh- It is tough though. Glad to see you're back, get to uploading now :3 please

Kimonas: Thanks! Yeah I feel like I'm understanding form alot more now. I AM HAVING SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH VALUE->COLOR. Like i said in my comment to your SB I have a extremely firm grasp on why colors are how they look, but when going from value to color it just seems pointless. I can't control the colors by planes, the colors look extremely rusted and then at that stage I might have well just devoted my time going straight to color because now I will have to change it all anyways. I understand the "color" layer option and it seems the best choice for keeping the values but it just doesn't work well for me. It's pretty dang frustrating D:

---

Imagination
    Tried the bw->color and jeez this has taken way too long to get to this point even for me. gonna somehow stick hands in there because i am NOT hiding hands again for the billionth time and will try to render the figure to completion. Probably wont work on the bg though

Pou's Sketch Snap
    Pou's Sketch Snap
    studies
    Pou's Sketch Snap
    Pou's Sketch Snap
    this study was more for trying out some techniques, it doesnt look like the original at all
    Pou's Sketch Snap

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast