Painter Interest?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Painter Interest?

After the recent cancellation of the free Corel Paint Jam Live, Creepy Character Illustration webinars featuring Greg Newman, Don Seegmiller and Mike Thompson due to low registration numbers, I was wondering if this was because of insufficient advertising of the event or a general lack of interest in Painter or even the subject matter.

I'd be interested in any feedback on this, as it is a real shame such free and worth watching events have to be cancelled, even before the first showing. Also, do artists on the Conceptart forums still use Painter and if not, how could it be improved to entice you back, or have people moved on to pursue different interests altogether? It seems the Painter forum is not very active these days.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    After the recent cancellation of the free Corel Paint Jam Live, Creepy Character Illustration webinars featuring Greg Newman, Don Seegmiller and Mike Thompson due to low registration numbers, I was wondering if this was because of insufficient advertising of the event or a general lack of interest in Painter or even the subject matter.

I'd be interested in any feedback on this, as it is a real shame such free and worth watching events have to be cancelled, even before the first showing. Also, do artists on the Conceptart forums still use Painter and if not, how could it be improved to entice you back, or have people moved on to pursue different interests altogether? It seems the Painter forum is not very active these days.
    None of these forums seem to be very active these days. Some posts in the hardware forums and the ocasional post in both Painter and Photoshop forum. That's it.

Compared to couple years ago, when these forums were much more busy. A lot has happened since then. The forum Upgrade some time ago didn't went all too smoothly either and has chased away a lot of People. Also, some negative vibe had struck the overall forums for some time as well.
    There were a lot more high(er) profile artists showcasing their work years ago, when these were the primary forums to go to. Not anymore.
    A lot of People that were very active years ago, are no longer here.

So no. I don't think it has anything to do with Painter.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was also disappointed that the Creepy Character Jam was cancelled. Maybe they didn't advertise it well enough, but I don't think it is due to lack of interest in Painter.

Re the forum here, I feel that the down time, lack of communication and organisation regarding what was happening during that time etc, has made people move away. When you can't rely on a site to be there all the time when you've been fully participating and putting your own time into it, doesn't lead to a community feeling (ie rug pulled from under your feet).

The PainterFactory forum has a good amount of posts. Corel should have announced the Jam there... but I don't recall seeing an announcement.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was annoyed that it was cancelled. Greg, Don and Mike are some of my favourite Painter artists. I'm sure I heard of it through Facebook, which works well for me, but maybe not for others.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also was looking forward to the Creepy Character Jam, perhaps the Jams are not as well received as the one shot webinars? It could well have been advertising. Maybe Corel could use the opening splash screen to announce events. It wouldn't be that hard to change the code to push news (as an opt in feature) in the same manner it pushes update notifications.

Here's to hoping they bring the artists back for some other event.

1SG V

To All My Brothers-In-Arms Overseas, God Bless You, Come Home Safe!!!

OIF 07-08

Members who have read this thread: 2