Thanks

Your Weirdest Dream!

I heard from somewhere that writing down your dreams can help you become more creative. I don't know if it's particularly true, but I think it would help us inspire each other! Maybe an element from your dream might be interesting enough for someone in the thread to make an artwork on. You guys up for it?

I'll start!

There were four old women. Two assassins were after them. These assassins do not use any kind of weapon. They kill using only their hands. One of them is a great killer. The other one kinda sucks.

Two of the old women die, because they were killed by the better assassin. The other two, lived in excruciating pain because of their broken spine. They are still alive and the two women begged the assassins to kill them already. A third assassin comes and takes pity at them and kills them by hugging them, crushing their spine and their bones then.

Perhaps the weird thing about this dream is I felt like I was one of those old women, and as the first assassin hugged to kill me, I felt no pain. I was staring up at the blue florescent light, telling myself how beautiful it is... how wonderful it is that the assassin was hugging me… that the pain is starting to disappear now…

And then the old woman was dead.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Once I literally had a dream within a dream. And by literally, I do mean literally.

Also...
    ----------------------------------------------------------

You're in a transparent spacecraft, looking down on a foreign world. Your spacecraft is cruising pretty low within the atmosphere. Like a commercial aircraft, even. You're just cruising along.

This world experiences only nighttime. It is skinned with antiquated stone cities, all of their lights glowing the same neon green-blue color, dappling the ground below. So dark that it takes a few minutes for your eyes to adjust and make out the shapes of the buildings below you. No motion nor signs of life. Perhaps they're all ancient, abandoned ruins. Who knows.

You're looking down. You hear only the hum of your small spacecraft, where the lights have also been turned off. You try to look for the horizon, where the city lights stop.

But they don't stop.

They keep going and going until you're craning straight up over your head, where you were certain the stars would be. And then you weren't certain if they were stars...

(Note: If you want to get a taste of what the atmosphere of this place kinda sorta felt like, watch the movie Angel's Egg, director: Mamoru Oshii, art director: Yoshitaka Amano, year: 1985. It's like that, but a lot less illuminated and more sci-fi.)
    Last edited by Kuroyue; October 31st, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts
    I have several themes that I visit in dreams.

1 I invent things that wouldn't work in the real world. Like a flying boogieboard. Another would be frozen heroine that cures the common cold. But you'd be hooked on heroine. I also invented a vacuum silencer.
    2. A nature preserve keeps on opening up by my house and I have to deal with loose crocodiles. They're never very aggressive, you just gotta keep an eye on them.
    3. When I gotsta piss I have a dream where I look for a bathroom everywhere I remember where there's a bathroom. I go state wide from Tiajuana to San Francisco in minutes.
    4. I throw ragers full of all of the interesting people I've only met once. Nobody I know by name seems to be invited.

The weirdest dream I've ever had was "Anarchy Day" where a wild orgy broke out all over the world. People were fucking at the super market, fucking in the hospital and even getting busy in a burger king bathroom. Yet nobody wants to fuck me All the pretty naked ladies just look at me and say "as if"
    Last edited by Raoul Duke; October 12th, 2013 at 05:41 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroyue View Post
    They keep going and going until you're looking straight up over your head, where you were certain the stars would be. And then you weren't certain if they were stars...

(Note: If you want to get a taste of what the atmosphere of this place kinda sorta felt like, watch the movie Angel's Egg, director: Mamoru Oshii, art director: Yoshitaka Amano, year: 1985. It's like that, but a lot less illuminated and more sci-fi.)
    That's quite a beautiful, atmospheric dream you have there. Any action taking place?

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I have several themes that I visit in dreams.

1 I invent things that wouldn't work in the real world. Like a flying boogieboard. Another would be frozen heroine that cures the common cold. But you'd be hooked on heroine. I also invented a vacuum silencer.
    I had to do a double take on the "heroine" part hahaha. You mean "heroin" the drug and not "heroine" the female version of male "hero", right? Cos "Hooked on heroine" sounds like an interesting title to a romcom, medieval, parody movie lawl! Also Vacuum Silencer.. hmm sounds interesting since vacuum is already silent. How does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    2. A nature preserve keeps on opening up by my house and I have to deal with loose crocodiles. They're never very aggressive, you just gotta keep an eye on them.
    3. When I gotsta piss I have a dream where I look for a bathroom everywhere I remember where there's a bathroom. I go state wide from Tiajuana to San Francisco in minutes.
    4. I throw ragers full of all of the interesting people I've only met once. Nobody I know by name seems to be invited.

The weirdest dream I've ever had was "Anarchy Day" where a wild orgy broke out all over the world. People were fucking at the super market, fucking in the hospital and even getting busy in a burger king bathroom. Yet nobody wants to fuck me All the pretty naked ladies just look at me and say "as if"
    Dude.. I'm no dream interpreter but this sounds like textbook Freudian sexual frustration.. tsk tsk..

(just kidding hahaha!)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potangko View Post
    That's quite a beautiful, atmospheric dream you have there. Any action taking place?
    Not in this dream, nope! It was mostly peaceful and atmospheric. And then suddenly mind-blowingly creepy in the Lovecraftian sense, although nothing happened. My dreams are always intensely atmospheric. This one, actually, was not my weirdest at all, but it was the easiest one to put into words.

I mean, there was another one where I climbed into a drawer that was actually a rabbit hole into another universe/plane of existence...

...And one where I attended a cheery, merry university with a medieval Arthurian-like campus setting that had a resident dragon that you had to be careful not to look at as you rowed by in your small boat (because, you know, that's how you're supposed to get around the campus) because the dragon might shape-shift into a manifestation of your worst fear...

My dreams. How do I. What even. ఠ_ఠ
    Last edited by Kuroyue; October 13th, 2013 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks
    My weirdest dream would have to be the one with the living ball of yarn.

I was in this tall ruined building, with almost no walls and this ball of yarn is chasing me. I'm terrified of it. I run up the stairs and the yarn keeps following me upwards.
    Then I hear an animal calling, so I enter a room and see this dirty lamb locked in one of those cages they keep big dogs in. I want to save it but the yarn isn't making it easy. It's circling around me.
    I muster the courage to pick up the ball of yarn and toss it outside the building and I run to the cage with the lamb, and notice that the lamb's legs are all broken. I carry it back outside, and here the yarn is waiting for me, so I start running as fast as I can hoping to find a vet.
    I eventually find one, and I hand over the lamb, but it's too late. It's dead.

Thanks
    I was in a dim candle lit room. A large empty room in a large empty old rundown house. In the center of the rickety wooden floor in this room was a cellar door. I stared at the door for a while. Then the house began to creek. Then the cellar door began to rattle and thump. It slowly began to open. A light mist began to swirl up around the edges. As the door opened wider an orange glow grew more intense and the mist turned to a thick broiling smoke. After a moment I could see an obscure shadowy figure emerging up from beneath the door, enveloped in a thick now glowing amber fog. As it stood motionless, I asked it--Who are you? Satan, Satan from Hell, said the figure. I then asked--What exactly is Hell? The figure stepped forward revealing itself away from the mist. It was Sammy Davis Jr. in a devil costume! In his cool comedic demeanor he replied--What exactly is Hell you ask? I don’t know man, it’s your concept.

Thanks
    My dream was pretty weird, gonna illustrate it one day

I was deep diving when suddenly a shark started coming at me and i suddenly thought the only
    way to beat it was to disco dance it away. I then preceded to disco dance of hundreds of sharks
    in the entranceway to my 6th form only to be joined by my family members as we continued to
    dance of the shark attack. Then suddenly a nuclear bomb went of outside and wiped out the remaining
    sharks and wrecking the school. Me and my family then went through the ruins dodging the ghosts
    of the sharks when I was suddenly kidnapped by a zombie mahatma Ghandi who wanted to eat my
    soul to remain forever young. But I was saved by my dad who beat Ghandi with a riddle and we ran to a
    nearby beach and got on this boat that for some reason was filled with astro turf and we sailed of into
    the sunset, and for some reason a lion was sat behind us. It was a pretty fun dream

Thanks
    You guys have some crazy dreams.

One dream I vaguely remember was shootout of humans versus humanoid tigers on a space station. Lots of lasers beams zipping back 'n forth. Yeah, I don't recall much more.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bill618 View Post
    I was in a dim candle lit room. A large empty room in a large empty old rundown house. In the center of the rickety wooden floor in this room was a cellar door. I stared at the door for a while. Then the house began to creek. Then the cellar door began to rattle and thump. It slowly began to open. A light mist began to swirl up around the edges. As the door opened wider an orange glow grew more intense and the mist turned to a thick broiling smoke. After a moment I could see an obscure shadowy figure emerging up from beneath the door, enveloped in a thick now glowing amber fog. As it stood motionless, I asked it--Who are you? Satan, Satan from Hell, said the figure. I then asked--What exactly is Hell? The figure stepped forward revealing itself away from the mist. It was Sammy Davis Jr. in a devil costume! In his cool comedic demeanor he replied--What exactly is Hell you ask? I don’t know man, it’s your concept.
    That's pretty linear for a dream. Weird.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard Inoue View Post
    You guys have some crazy dreams.

One dream I vaguely remember was shootout of humans versus humanoid tigers on a space station. Lots of lasers beams zipping back 'n forth. Yeah, I don't recall much more.
    I never get science fiction dreams. I'm jealous. I do get gameplay mechanics and scenarios in my dreams when I binge on a game, but the subject matter never caries over.

Thanks
    @Kuroyue

Haha.. Very interesting *scratches imaginary beard*. Hey! Dont worry about it. COming from someone constantly chased by Big Bird, Barney or a giant chicken, I hold no judgements!

@Lady Medusa

Chased by a ball of sentient, villainous yarn!? Dude. THAT IS EPIC.

@bill618

Hahaha that must be a lucid dream. No way something that awesome can be unplanned.

@The_Mothman

Dude, if you're planning to illustrate this one day, my hats off to you.

@Alucard Inoue

That dream can actually work as an awesome piece of art. Can you see it? Space Tigers? With Lasers? Wow..
    Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.” - Ludwig van Beethoven
    >>> potangko's sketchbook
    >>>facebook

Thanks
    Thanked 4,526 Times in 2,458 Posts
    the dance of the shark attack. i like that.
    i dreamed i was in a cheap busy holiday resort in Spain in the future. perhaps Benidorm. huge green corkscrew shaped streets lined with bars pumping out thumping music towered into the sky. strange mirrored objects floated in the middle heights. the smell of cooking fish and cigarettes and sticky drinks filled the air. nearer to me were throngs of holiday makers. i think i was being chased, or chasing something, but for a moment i stood and took in the view
    i drew it when i woke up:
    Your Weirdest Dream!
    Last edited by Velocity Kendall; October 18th, 2013 at 03:15 PM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Dreams, gotta love ‘em. Keep them coming, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by potangko View Post
    Hahaha that must be a lucid dream. No way something that awesome can be unplanned.
    No, I wasn't aware that I was dreaming in that one. Lucid dreams are hard for me to contain for any appreciable length of time. They're a difficult balancing act between just the right mix of consciousness in your unconsciousness. I have to go through a ritual of jumping out of bed (in the dream) and running outside then making a complete 360° turn. Once I know there’s scenery all around me I ‘know’ I’m in a dream. I have to make sure not to stare at anything but keep my eyes darting around to keep rapid-eye-movement going, or else I become too conscious and wake up.

The dream didn’t end there. It started out with that classic spookiness and quickly turned into a comedy, in that surrealistic morphing trend, typical of dreams. I actually walked down the stairway to hell. Hell was a maze of corridors with gray cinder block walls and a gray floor and ceiling. Brightly lit with diffuse fluorescent light. The only thing I saw down there was a line of gray gnomes (everything was gray), all identical and marching lockstep following the lead gnome in a mindless meandering course down the hall and around a corner, all staring at the floor. –Then I woke up.

Thanks
    This dream stuck with me over the decades, because of it's energy.

Red Light Trickster:
    What you see is not what you see

I was 14, sitting on the back door steps of the family home gazing up at the night sky, thinking about nothing in particular. I heard the turbofans of a c-141 Starlifter approaching from the west, on the other side of the house, heading east to the Air Force base 12 miles away. I’ve seen those military cargo planes fly overhead a thousand times, same flight path, at about 3500 feet, day and night.

On this night, as the plane passed overhead in the black sky, seeing only the green, red and white navigation lights passing over accompanied by the Doppler shifting sound of the engines, I noticed something odd. The red portside wing light looked unusually bright compared to the other lights. As soon as I made that assessment something strange happened. The red wing light stopped dead in the night sky as the rest of the light cluster, plane and noise kept traveling, as normal, east toward the base, disappearing over a black treeline. The neural relays in my head were flipping like mad trying to make sense out of this red dot sitting in the dark sky. After a moment the red light resumed it’s original path. As I was making the assessment that yes this is an unidentified flying object I was seeing traveling east in a straight line across the night sky, it made an abrupt 90° turn to the south. As my brain was confirming the new direction, it made a 90° turn back to the east. As my brain confirmed it was making straight line 90° turns, it made a slow and smooth ‘s’ curve lining up again on it’s original path east. My mind was shorting out. The only thing I was sure of at that point was this red light was somehow reading my thought processing and deliberately tricking and tripping me up as to what a was witnessing at every step.

The red light continued to move along it’s original path at it’s original speed, size and shape toward the east. The sky was breaking into dawn with a faint blue glow along the horizon silhouetting the line of trees in the backyard. As the red light approached the tree line I felt a sense of disappointment growing. When the UFO passed the silhouette edge of the trees it would be gone forever, as I thought.

Then it played another perception trick on me. As it hit the event horizon of the dark tree line, only to vanish behind it–it instead appeared in front of the tree line. This assumed UFO traveling across the night sky at some 3500 feet overhead was in fact coming straight down all the while, somewhere between me and the trees. I instantly lost all notions of the object’s size, location in space and whether what I was seeing was occurring in the outside environment or just inside of my head. My mind was toasting. As I stood frozen staring at this now motionless red light hovering at eye level, I began to feel it’s presence like being suspended iron filings affected by a strong fluctuating magnetic field. Though I had no visual cues that the entity was approaching me slowly, I could feel the intensity of it’s presence building. I could now make out details around me as the early morning light grew, but the immense energy of this red light thing began distorting me in mind and body as well as what I saw around me. The energy radiating from the entity was distorting the scene behind it like hot air rising off of a scorched street in summer, or the hot exhaust from a jet engine on a runway distorting the image behind it. I could hardy bare the presence of the entity any longer at which point the roiling distorting energy radiating from it fractured into a radially symmetrical array of 20 or more pie wedge shapes, extending out indefinitely. Every other wedge shape showed a clear unperturbed image of the backyard behind it, while the other slices were still representing the dynamic roiling distorted scene. At this point I felt like every atom of my being was about to be annihilated. I turned and ran into the house rushing to the nearest window. I flipped open the shade and was struck by what I saw next. The trees were gone, the ground was gone, the backyard was gone, entire planet was gone–as well as the entity. All there was before me was a endless vast pure electric blue void with lightning arcing through it.

Then I woke up. Flabergasted!

I had this dream not long after reading Man and His Symbols by Carl Jung and colleagues, back in the 70s at age 14. That book had the most profound effect on me as a young artist, relatively speaking.
    Last edited by bill618; October 18th, 2013 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    Last night I dreamed that I peed on a pile of my old drawings. How's that?
    Last edited by TASmith; October 22nd, 2013 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks
    Since someone mentioned lucid dreaming Ill mention my one and only ever lucid dream that has annoyingly stopped me from having nightmares for some reason. Basically I dreamt I was in the Texas chainsaw massacre film, entered the house with some friends when the old guy in the wheelchair would say some quotes from the film then Leather Face popped out. At this point I realized I was dreaming and pulled a chainsaw out of hammer space and cut of his head and left the house while all my friends ran around getting themselves killed.

The dream then reset back to outside the house and tried to make me go back in, my friends went in but I refused knowing what would happen. The dream repeated this 3 times each time I refused and eventually just walked of into the sunset while my friends went into the house. Since then I have never had a single nightmare, which sucks.

Thanks
    Mothman - Try eating large quantities of sweets or cheese before bed. Then start obsessing over things that unsettle you. Like how spiders are attracted to the peppermint in toothpaste, or your childhood fears, or even that weird/horrible video you once stumbled over on the internet. Just make sure you're not completely at ease when you go to bed. You should have a nightmare soon

There are some really interesting dreams in here .

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 884 Posts
    That's pretty sweet Velocity!

I have lucid dreams all the time, ever since I went on Thyroxine to regulate my Thyroid. Interesting trade off I reckon.

The last lucid dream I had I was trying to fly but couldn't get enough height and ended up dragging my feet on rooftops. Definitely a metaphor for my life atm
    Last edited by Angel Intheuk; October 28th, 2013 at 06:07 AM.

Thanks
    I have a few weird dreams to the point I'd wish I cannot sleep XD

Me and my high school friends were strolling around the plaza. Around the place is the church, baywalk, then next to it (a few meters) is the port. So we're near the sea. Suddenly, a huge UFO hovered above the waters. While hovering, the aliens were being deployed. They started gunning and attacking people, bombing places - everywhere. People ran and scream. We were separated. I ran and hid myself from the bushes, praying I won't get caught. Oh well, life in dreams sucks! I was caught by a macho alien. He punched me and I went blacked out. The end :3 Anyhow, their equipment are totally advanced. They used the one like Green Goblin's while they're being deployed
    "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint, then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." ~ Vincent Van Gogh

sketchpad x art blog

Thanks
    My dreams are often so stupid or weird I cannot retell them because they just don't make any sense put into words. I did recently have a dream within a dream thing too, where in the inner dream I saw women had mandatory ocnscription too and it totally fucked up my university plan. Then I also saw, that while I was away in the army my boyfriend cheated on me and when I got on a leave I discovered him and broke up with him. Then I woke up (I was actually still sleeping) and on one hand was relieved there was no conscription but on the other totally freaked out I had broken up with my boyfriend (dream facebook was involved ). Some clusterfuck went down I don't even remember. Then I really woke up and was so relieved. I'm not going to describe the army service, that was just too weird.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,526 Times in 2,458 Posts
    "
    The last lucid dream I had I was trying to fly but couldn't get enough height and ended up dragging my feet on rooftops. Definitely a metaphor for my life atm
    "

Yes!! I know that one. if im in a good mood i can gather the gumption to fly off into the air, if not i have to land and run away haha. and thanks!

i think bits of your brain must switch off and on, cos as i wake up dreams become less mental and more realistic, i guess as bits of my mind come online. if my clock radio wakes me up its usually from dreams of whatevers happening in the news. thank god gordon brown got booted out is all ill say about that.

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah