Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Fair Warning: Please Do Not Deal with This Person at All Costs!

Thanks

Thumbs down A Fair Warning: Please Do Not Deal with This Person at All Costs!

Dear ConceptArt.com Community Members,

I'm writing this thread as a fair warning to all members and organizations (big and small) whom are currently looking for talents on these forums, please do not have any kind of dealing with the following Artist (http://www.kikicianjur.deviantart.com), after dealing with him it turns out he's very irresponsible, dishonest, a hypocrite, a time waster and a real lying piece of work.

He wasted our company's time for over two months working on a single piece of art, he missed all of his deadlines, changed his rates after reading about the project and acceptance, refuses to sign our work-for-hire several times and gave us bogus excuses for delays and it turns out he was working with several gigs at the same time!

He is a real scum with no respect for your time or your project, please keep far away from him, he is bad news. His name is Kiki Rizki, he's Indonesian artist, his email is kiki_danpencil@yahoo.com.

Kind regards,
    Last edited by TeraNova; October 10th, 2013 at 01:14 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 3,972 Posts
    So why didn't you fire him earlier? And why did you let him start without a signed contract?

Thanks
    So I was going to jump in here and post about how as a freelancer, contracts and deposits work and how they can be a gamble for both the client and the freelancer. However after reading Tera's email thread over at devart I can only laugh. You clearly put up with the endless delays by this artist because you wanted highly quality art for for a whopping $75 to $100... which is a joke and which is why you were later quoted at $250 for the job. At no time did this artist take any money from you or sign any contracts. You just kept on hounding them as they were most likely the best artist to actually accept your very low offer otherwise. Surely by the second delay you would've gone elsewhere, but you didnt you just kept on doing the same thin over and over. The un-professional one looks more like you who doesnt know the value of good art and now you are going around making this artist look bad.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kidult For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I would like to hear his side as well. You can ruin someone's potential career for just an overreaction.
    For all we know you could have changed your expectations of speed and quality, and giving this guy unrealistic deadlines.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Medusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Here's the details of the full story:
    http://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/offers/1907871/

Believe me guys, I don't want to ruined this guy reputation out of fun, I my project got delayed and destroy it beyond repair!

Thanks
    wasnt going to post the link but this guy is just too ridiculous. The artist gave a verbal (or email) ok to work on the project and signed and NDA. Thats it, and after numerous times the artist gave excuses and said he couldnt do the work this guy kept on hounding him. Even after the artist told him to seek out someone else, he still continued and the got upset about a sketch not being to his standards. Now suddenly his project is ruined and its all the artists fault... not at all his bad management or attitude. Im mean how the heal do you let one artist screw up your entire project? read the cluster fuck here: http://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/off...et=50#comments

And now he's posting this all over the poor guys da account...

Thanks
    I won't expect a fair and unbiased opinion from you kidult, after all you must hate all of your employers/clients and would never stand with any of them even if they were right!

Act as a professional and stop villainizing me on these forums, don't write my story in your perspective. You are clearly biased, therefor your "opinion" is invalid and not true.

The thread on DeviantArt.com got emails to proof my claims.

Thanks
    so here's a lovely pm message i just got from tera:
    Yo...

How about you go and actually read my email exchange with that guy and stop being a biased prick?

Nobody forced him to work with me, he could say from the start "sorry, the fees are too low, I would work for this amount." from the start, instead he wasted by time and he DID create art for me, an inferior art .

If you want to write your opinion on the matter, at least BE fair about it.

Don't be an ass about just because you are in his shoes.

Prick.

I did read the exchange, you should've cut your ties after the 2nd load of excuses but you didnt, you kept on beating a dead horse because of a single ok. The fact that you paid this artist no money and still expected a good quality drawing is silly. Its your bad management that lead to this. Again how does one artist who is clearly full of excuses lead to the demise of your entire project? How about the fact that pretty much no one is agreeing with you on this and you had to lock your own thread? And how professional are you when you send pm's like this?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 3,972 Posts
    In none of your emails did you actually state a deadline date. You could see that he was working on another job that got extended. Why didn't you just go and find another artist, and why start looking for one so late in the production release?

Because of your short sightedness and no contingency plan, you ended up in a mess of your own doing. That's bad business.

And do not come here and insult members.

Thanks
    you are digging your own grave teranova

Thanks
    Based on the emails I read, you SHOULD have told him that you were going to find someone else, after the first week had gone by. Instead, you persisted to waste your OWN time not getting anything done, when you could have been finding a new artist. You let the situation grow and turn into a monster that YOU created. This is not on the artist. He kept asking for more time because he kept getting more work from his other client. However, his poor communication with you was entirely his fault and not yours.

BUT...that should have told you that it wasn't going to work out. Yet, you continued to persist. All this information from communicating with this artist throws a red flag in the air, yet you continued to try to work with him.

Overall, the lack of communication is on the artist. But your harassment of the artist is what got you in this situation. Instead of looking for someone else, you blew up and screwed your self over. Going around and spreading rumors of an artist is a big miscalculation on your part. You may think that, as a client, the internet is on your side, but you are sadly mistaken. Artists are a very tight knit community, whether we know each other or not. We provide YOU the service.

If a client attacks an artist, and then provides all the information of the situation, like you have, and we all read that it is 10% of the artist's (lack of communication) fault and 90% yours (persistence and unwillingness to look elsewhere), and you are INTENTIONALLY trying to ruin the reputation of an artist; what the hell do you think is going to happen? ANYONE, who knows your name will NEVER work for you, and artists don't have ANY issue telling each other who is a terrible client.

By doing this, you only hurt your reputation even more. I suggest that you stop and don't ever come in here complaining about an artist again. That is between you and them. Getting an artist community involved is a huge mistake.
    !!SKETCHBOOK!!

Visit my website for additional info. www.mjdstudios.com
    “If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful after all.”
    ― Michelangelo

Thanks
    So we're all in agreement to never work for TeraNova?

As much as Kiki was at fault, you're at fault ten fold.

Yes, if Kiki had been too busy with prior work he should've turned the job down.
    However in saying that, being delayed as such your response to openly slander Kiki on several websites/forums is no way to go about it.
    It is highly unprofessional and just pain rude.
    You should've just terminated what contract(s) you had in place and gone and found another artist, instead you've purposely gone out of your way to insult and abuse not only Kiki on multiple forums but also anyone who is in disagreement to you.

If anything you've shown your true colours to the artistic community and your name will go far and wide as a client from hell.
    If anything this whole ordeal has given Kiki more exposure and support and albeit Kiki will actually get more work because of it.

You are a terrible businessman and I feel you need to go take a good hard look at yourself as a person and as a businessman and rethink your business model and professionalism.

You've dug your own grave here and as you've already seen from all the comments here and elsewhere, we all agree you're just as much (actually a lot more) in the wrong than Kiki.

Good luck with your future endeavours, hopefully you'll learn from this experience and become more mature in the way you conduct business.
    Ever just woken up and gone "shit, does the world around me exist"?

Thanks
    TeraNova is a representative of Vexel Studios

I'll be sure to spread the word not to work for them...
    !!SKETCHBOOK!!

Visit my website for additional info. www.mjdstudios.com
    “If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful after all.”
    ― Michelangelo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast