A Fair Warning: Please Do Not Deal with This Person at All Costs!

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs down A Fair Warning: Please Do Not Deal with This Person at All Costs!

Dear ConceptArt.com Community Members,

I'm writing this thread as a fair warning to all members and organizations (big and small) whom are currently looking for talents on these forums, please do not have any kind of dealing with the following Artist (http://www.kikicianjur.deviantart.com), after dealing with him it turns out he's very irresponsible, dishonest, a hypocrite, a time waster and a real lying piece of work.

He wasted our company's time for over two months working on a single piece of art, he missed all of his deadlines, changed his rates after reading about the project and acceptance, refuses to sign our work-for-hire several times and gave us bogus excuses for delays and it turns out he was working with several gigs at the same time!

He is a real scum with no respect for your time or your project, please keep far away from him, he is bad news. His name is Kiki Rizki, he's Indonesian artist, his email is kiki_danpencil@yahoo.com.

Kind regards,

Last edited by TeraNova; October 10th, 2013 at 02:14 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,618 Times in 3,777 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    So why didn't you fire him earlier? And why did you let him start without a signed contract?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So I was going to jump in here and post about how as a freelancer, contracts and deposits work and how they can be a gamble for both the client and the freelancer. However after reading Tera's email thread over at devart I can only laugh. You clearly put up with the endless delays by this artist because you wanted highly quality art for for a whopping $75 to $100... which is a joke and which is why you were later quoted at $250 for the job. At no time did this artist take any money from you or sign any contracts. You just kept on hounding them as they were most likely the best artist to actually accept your very low offer otherwise. Surely by the second delay you would've gone elsewhere, but you didnt you just kept on doing the same thin over and over. The un-professional one looks more like you who doesnt know the value of good art and now you are going around making this artist look bad.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kidult For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would like to hear his side as well. You can ruin someone's potential career for just an overreaction.
    For all we know you could have changed your expectations of speed and quality, and giving this guy unrealistic deadlines.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Medusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's the details of the full story:
    http://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/offers/1907871/

Believe me guys, I don't want to ruined this guy reputation out of fun, I my project got delayed and destroy it beyond repair!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wasnt going to post the link but this guy is just too ridiculous. The artist gave a verbal (or email) ok to work on the project and signed and NDA. Thats it, and after numerous times the artist gave excuses and said he couldnt do the work this guy kept on hounding him. Even after the artist told him to seek out someone else, he still continued and the got upset about a sketch not being to his standards. Now suddenly his project is ruined and its all the artists fault... not at all his bad management or attitude. Im mean how the heal do you let one artist screw up your entire project? read the cluster fuck here: http://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/off...et=50#comments

And now he's posting this all over the poor guys da account...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I won't expect a fair and unbiased opinion from you kidult, after all you must hate all of your employers/clients and would never stand with any of them even if they were right!

Act as a professional and stop villainizing me on these forums, don't write my story in your perspective. You are clearly biased, therefor your "opinion" is invalid and not true.

The thread on DeviantArt.com got emails to proof my claims.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so here's a lovely pm message i just got from tera:
    Yo...

How about you go and actually read my email exchange with that guy and stop being a biased prick?

Nobody forced him to work with me, he could say from the start "sorry, the fees are too low, I would work for this amount." from the start, instead he wasted by time and he DID create art for me, an inferior art .

If you want to write your opinion on the matter, at least BE fair about it.

Don't be an ass about just because you are in his shoes.

Prick.

I did read the exchange, you should've cut your ties after the 2nd load of excuses but you didnt, you kept on beating a dead horse because of a single ok. The fact that you paid this artist no money and still expected a good quality drawing is silly. Its your bad management that lead to this. Again how does one artist who is clearly full of excuses lead to the demise of your entire project? How about the fact that pretty much no one is agreeing with you on this and you had to lock your own thread? And how professional are you when you send pm's like this?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In none of your emails did you actually state a deadline date. You could see that he was working on another job that got extended. Why didn't you just go and find another artist, and why start looking for one so late in the production release?

Because of your short sightedness and no contingency plan, you ended up in a mess of your own doing. That's bad business.

And do not come here and insult members.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you are digging your own grave teranova

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Based on the emails I read, you SHOULD have told him that you were going to find someone else, after the first week had gone by. Instead, you persisted to waste your OWN time not getting anything done, when you could have been finding a new artist. You let the situation grow and turn into a monster that YOU created. This is not on the artist. He kept asking for more time because he kept getting more work from his other client. However, his poor communication with you was entirely his fault and not yours.

BUT...that should have told you that it wasn't going to work out. Yet, you continued to persist. All this information from communicating with this artist throws a red flag in the air, yet you continued to try to work with him.

Overall, the lack of communication is on the artist. But your harassment of the artist is what got you in this situation. Instead of looking for someone else, you blew up and screwed your self over. Going around and spreading rumors of an artist is a big miscalculation on your part. You may think that, as a client, the internet is on your side, but you are sadly mistaken. Artists are a very tight knit community, whether we know each other or not. We provide YOU the service.

If a client attacks an artist, and then provides all the information of the situation, like you have, and we all read that it is 10% of the artist's (lack of communication) fault and 90% yours (persistence and unwillingness to look elsewhere), and you are INTENTIONALLY trying to ruin the reputation of an artist; what the hell do you think is going to happen? ANYONE, who knows your name will NEVER work for you, and artists don't have ANY issue telling each other who is a terrible client.

By doing this, you only hurt your reputation even more. I suggest that you stop and don't ever come in here complaining about an artist again. That is between you and them. Getting an artist community involved is a huge mistake.

!!SKETCHBOOK!!

Visit my website for additional info. www.mjdstudios.com
    “If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful after all.”
    ― Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So we're all in agreement to never work for TeraNova?

As much as Kiki was at fault, you're at fault ten fold.

Yes, if Kiki had been too busy with prior work he should've turned the job down.
    However in saying that, being delayed as such your response to openly slander Kiki on several websites/forums is no way to go about it.
    It is highly unprofessional and just pain rude.
    You should've just terminated what contract(s) you had in place and gone and found another artist, instead you've purposely gone out of your way to insult and abuse not only Kiki on multiple forums but also anyone who is in disagreement to you.

If anything you've shown your true colours to the artistic community and your name will go far and wide as a client from hell.
    If anything this whole ordeal has given Kiki more exposure and support and albeit Kiki will actually get more work because of it.

You are a terrible businessman and I feel you need to go take a good hard look at yourself as a person and as a businessman and rethink your business model and professionalism.

You've dug your own grave here and as you've already seen from all the comments here and elsewhere, we all agree you're just as much (actually a lot more) in the wrong than Kiki.

Good luck with your future endeavours, hopefully you'll learn from this experience and become more mature in the way you conduct business.

www.travismillar.com

Ever just woken up and gone "shit, does the world around me exist"?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TeraNova is a representative of Vexel Studios

I'll be sure to spread the word not to work for them...

!!SKETCHBOOK!!

“If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful after all.”
    ― Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1. Learn to make a proper contracts, this wouldn't be problem if the legal side of things were in order.
    2. When calling people out online make sure you're right, a lot of clever people will look at your claim, as will a good amount of fools,
    blanking out respective emails adr it should be a must, people have tendencies to form mobs when you call out people.
    3. Hire people you trust to do the job.

Lastly think before you post.

"Take credit for anything embedded in the edit as long as you ment it when you said It"

Sketchbook <-nsfw|Deviantart | Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok Reed View Post
    TeraNova is a representative of Vexel Studios

I'll be sure to spread the word not to work for them...
    How's the old saying go, "fight fire with fire"?

You slander an artist in such a disrespectful and horrendous way that you've done, we'll be sure to make it difficult for you to get anyone to want to work for you.

Surely this is a valid reason for a ban along with an IP block to TeraNova's account?

www.travismillar.com

Ever just woken up and gone "shit, does the world around me exist"?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I already suggested it to black spot

!!SKETCHBOOK!!

― Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's almost hilarious that you all know that Kiki made the mistake here on his dealings with me, and yet you all prefer to take his side just because he's a freelancer just as you.

You all make me sick, I won't even hire any of you to begin with if you have work ethics like him.

disgusting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    In none of your emails did you actually state a deadline date. You could see that he was working on another job that got extended. Why didn't you just go and find another artist, and why start looking for one so late in the production release?

Because of your short sightedness and no contingency plan, you ended up in a mess of your own doing. That's bad business.

And do not come here and insult members.
    Actually I DID set a deadline for him, and he break it several times.

And I've told you guys a million time already, we were running out of time, and we couldn't find another artist to fill his place on time.

I will continue to expose this kind of shady business practices for a long time.

Last edited by TeraNova; October 10th, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Incinerated View Post
    1. Learn to make a proper contracts, this wouldn't be problem if the legal side of things were in order.
    2. When calling people out online make sure you're right, a lot of clever people will look at your claim, as will a good amount of fools,
    blanking out respective emails adr it should be a must, people have tendencies to form mobs when you call out people.
    3. Hire people you trust to do the job.

Lastly think before you post.
    1- He did signed an NDA and a work-for-hire agreement, we DID the legal side right. You don't know nothing on this sir.
    2- I AM right, check my emails exchange with him, I did showed a great deal of tolerance and professionalism while dealing with him, if you read my exchange with him, you would know that, reading is mandatory friend.
    3- Guess who is not one of the trusted list.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by -Tragedy- View Post
    So we're all in agreement to never work for TeraNova?

As much as Kiki was at fault, you're at fault ten fold.

Yes, if Kiki had been too busy with prior work he should've turned the job down.
    However in saying that, being delayed as such your response to openly slander Kiki on several websites/forums is no way to go about it.
    It is highly unprofessional and just pain rude.
    You should've just terminated what contract(s) you had in place and gone and found another artist, instead you've purposely gone out of your way to insult and abuse not only Kiki on multiple forums but also anyone who is in disagreement to you.

If anything you've shown your true colours to the artistic community and your name will go far and wide as a client from hell.
    If anything this whole ordeal has given Kiki more exposure and support and albeit Kiki will actually get more work because of it.

You are a terrible businessman and I feel you need to go take a good hard look at yourself as a person and as a businessman and rethink your business model and professionalism.

You've dug your own grave here and as you've already seen from all the comments here and elsewhere, we all agree you're just as much (actually a lot more) in the wrong than Kiki.

Good luck with your future endeavours, hopefully you'll learn from this experience and become more mature in the way you conduct business.
    You are an idiot. Seriously you are.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just for your information guys, we are preparing a major lawsuit to sue Kiki Rizki for breaching his Non-Disclosure Agreement and his Work-for-Hire Agreement, our NDA is air-tight, let this be a lesson for anyone who tried to screw a client ever.

Never try to waste a client's time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TeraNova View Post
    Just for your information guys, we are preparing a major lawsuit to sue Kiki Rizki for breaching his Non-Disclosure Agreement and his Work-for-Hire Agreement, our NDA is air-tight, let this be a lesson for anyone who tried to screw a client ever.

Never try to waste a client's time.
    Oh dear god. Where is that facepalm smiley.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Y.G View Post
    Oh dear god. Where is that facepalm smiley.
    Why use a smiley? Just do it IRL, and do it really, really hard, it might help you regain some sense into your head!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why use a smiley? Just do it IRL, and do it really, really hard, it might help you regain some sense into your head!
    Ugh, this is going waaaay past awkward... your spanless butthurt is like a shining beacon of crazy light in a sea of sanity. It's time to cut your losses, really.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Y.G For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Y.G View Post
    Ugh, this is going waaaay past awkward... your spanless butthurt is like a shining beacon of crazy light in a sea of sanity. It's time to cut your losses, really.
    Get lost retard. Seriously.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Get lost retard. Seriously.
    So professional.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    So professional.
    When in rome...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are an idiot. Seriously you are.
    If you are going to call someone an idiot, make sure they are first. Otherwise, you end up being the one.

If you want to talk about professionalism:

i) You don't include full email addresses.
    ii) Much less post private correspondences.
    iii) Act in such an abusive manner towards others who don't automatically take your side 100% on command.
    iv) Spam this 'story' everywhere.
    v) Plan or act as god awful as you do.

We here are not defending Kiki him/herself for her excuses. That was where they went wrong.

We are calling you out for your extremely shitty behavior towards everyone else who you somehow think is not taking up the pitchforks for 'your' witch hunt, even when in the post you quoted, -Tragedy- stated that "Yes, if Kiki had been too busy with prior work he should've turned the job down.". CA.org, like 4chan, is not your personal army

You are going to end up with a very bad image. No one is taking Kiki's side here, but neither will they take yours now. And after the dust has settled, who is going to look like the big, gaping asshole of the abyss?

Hint: It's you

"Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

| Sketchbook | Live Stream | Portfolio | dA | Facebook | Tumblr |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So professional....

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert.B For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 395 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Blackspot, time to dust off that mighty banhammer of yours...

37. The Following User Says Thank You to PxelSlayer For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook