Thanks

Need quick help with estimating pricing for commercial project

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, and the question was probably asked before, but I need some quick ideas and solid numbers.

I was offered to do some designs for a kickstarter project, and I started on a cheaper side since we're not sure if it's gonna be fully commercial/funded project until it ends.

But, since the person doesn't want to bother with royalties (neither do I) he wants a solid price for commercial work, and I'm not sure what to give him.

I'm doing small, cellshaded designs for 30$ at the moment (takes me about an hour, plus little space for minor fixes)
    I am not a big shot, and have done only few months of feature movie designs(from experienced people), although it never went past pre production stage due to sudden financial issues. So I know I shouldn't probably charge 100 each : P

Any help would be appreciated.
    And again sorry if it's another one of 'those' questions.

Thanks

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Estimate how many hours it will take you to finish the workload, Then multiply by your hourly rate plus 20% safety fee. since it's kickstarter, have a good solid contract, Kill fee, Liability and and so on.
    Make sure there's clear expectations, goals and scope in the project.

oh and good luck
    "Take credit for anything embedded in the edit as long as you ment it when you said It"

|Deviantart

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts
    My only advice is never charge by the piece. Charge based on time. That's what they are paying for. Time really is money. The flat rate per piece may be working smoothly now but it won't always be the case. Make good use of your time and they will buy more of it.

Thanks
    Thanks, i ended up taking up a decent amount he was happy with.