What brands would you like to work on? (topic suggestions)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: What brands would you like to work on? (topic suggestions)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,778 Times in 848 Posts
    Follows
    Following

What brands would you like to work on? (topic suggestions)

All companies are brands and a good one should be constantly adapting and redefining it's self. Even if they are stating they haven't changed and never will even nostalgia and authenticity needs to be reinforced. They need to push their awareness or be forgotten.
    So what brands would you like to work for? So many great brands out there that could use some talent.
    Just call out a brand like Marvel, PBR, Cadillac, Wizards. If somebody calls out one you like, quote them and I'll narrow down the list.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hum, obvious one would be Blizzard, otherwise there's Coca Cola (they always have excellent and interesting brand identity) if others pop into my head I'll be sure to mention them.
    PS: love the new direction for IOW, I've been wantonly hoping to see new things be posted here. THanks so much!

Damn. Colour is hard.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think Blizzard would be an interesting one. Their hardcore base has literally grown up with them. Warcraft is about 20 years old. WOW is finally on the decline and I believe they have some catching up to do with an audience that may be growing out of their brand. They've been stuck competing with their imitators for so long they've stunted their maturity. Their most loyal fan base isn't 11 years old any longer.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow this is a really cool thread shame there is isnt much people around... Im not going to participate in IOW anytime soon (too busy studying) but would love to see some stuff on budgie or maybe some film companies would be cool? or the guys who make mirrors edge? or civilization?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    By "Budgie" do you mean "Bungie"? If so I think Marathon would be a great IP to revisit. The graphics and gameplay are dated, but the story was ahead of it's time. It was poetically written unfortunately it didn't show in the gameplay much, due to technical constraints. It was sort of a bizarre and grim prototype of Halo. Fans have been keeping it alive for 18 years and continue to create content for it
    http://marathon.bungie.org/story/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sounds cool

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm always interested in starbucks brand identity. In the game world i have to say supergiant games or wizards of the coast. I'd also love a chance to work with image comics, really great history behind their company and their products are at the top of their field but getting some more branding and marketing might really open them up to a wider audience.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not into starbucks these days. Their house coffee is getting nasty, they're trying to take cigarettes away from coffee and of course the music drives me out. But they know branding. They spend more on cups than the coffee that goes in them. How about illos of the green mermaid that wrap around the cup. The catch is it would have to work for their clear plastic cups as well as their plain white ones.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dark Horse Comics, Udon, DC & Marvel Comics. [Just to name some comic brands, I feel personally they are all solid companies and the fans that support these companies are very hardcore. Comic-con is a distinct event that everyone can relate and agree has visual and reader fan base.]
    Capcom, Blizzard, Square Enix and Namco [to name some video game industries, They have all had strong followings and produce amazing quality graphically and conceptually. Personally I think some of the artists and designers get slept on.]
    Hi-Fructose, New Yorker, Game Informer, Juxtapoz and Art Nouveau [ To name magazines that are a constant source of ambition, creativity and knowledge to anyone involved in the art world in and shape or form.]

Just a few of my own opinions of brands I would love to show and do some work for. Building a portfolio for them or even having an opportunity to intrigue their interests and/or attention, would be PERFECTION!

Members who have read this thread: 52