Marvel/DC Co-op Superhero Challenge

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 5202
Size:  166.3 KB

Draw two superheroes, one from the Marvel universe, one from DC. The idea is to have them do something interesting and creative with their powers, for example overcoming an obstacle, fighting off a horrible super villain, you get the idea.

RULES:
    -Keep it clean, no nudity
    -Deadline for all submissions is 15th of October 2013
    -WIPs are welcome and encouraged!
    -All skill levels welcome, from absolute beginner to seasoned pro, just make sure to stay very respectful in your comments. If you want to trash talk or bash the beginner, do it somewhere else. This is a chance for all of us to mix and try to learn from each other
    -Please clearly indicate which piece is your final, by writing "FINAL" in bold along with your piece.
    -Any media, any style, just make sure to have fun

Entry list (updated as we go):
    The7artist7
    Mahran
    Ashess

Last edited by Mahran; September 24th, 2013 at 05:17 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    cool.

>>SKETCHBOOK. you'll visit me. I'll visit you, we'll have a tea party. with arts and shit. it'll be dreamy. stop by.
    >>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 555 Posts
    Just remembered Mahran - we need to have the list of participants - Name changed to bold underlined once final submitted

Thanks for dropping by Ashess - you joining in the fun? It's just totally chill having fun and giving each other friendly constructive comments!

Oh and if anyone is wondering there will be a poll thread to vote on the final pieces - set up for the week or two following the 15th Oct 2013 deadline.

Have fun!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The7Artist7 View Post
    Just remembered Mahran - we need to have the list of participants - Name changed to bold underlined once final submitted

Thanks for dropping by Ashess - you joining in the fun? It's just totally chill having fun and giving each other friendly constructive comments!

Oh and if anyone is wondering there will be a poll thread to vote on the final pieces - set up for the week or two following the 15th Oct 2013 deadline.

Have fun!
    Yeh, will do! Haven't done these in a while n im a bit rusty

Thanks
    hey the7; yeah, I think I'd like to participate; it sounds like fun. though im a little stumped on ideas right now...

lets see.

on marvel team we have all the x-men, spiderman, deadpool, thor and.. {edit- just stepped by and its hulk, captain america, the fantastic four, the avengers and ironman.

and dc team we have superman, batman. er. who else? I know a lot of memorable bad-guys, but cant really think of many more heroes.
    something like deadpool//harley quinn might be fun. but im not sold yet. catwoman//wolverine? meh. sounds like something x-rated.

bah, its harder then I thought to think of a common ground; let alone some part where two different characters from different worlds might complete the other.

Last edited by ashess; September 24th, 2013 at 03:43 PM.
    >>SKETCHBOOK. you'll visit me. I'll visit you, we'll have a tea party. with arts and shit. it'll be dreamy. stop by.
    >>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Hehe no worries Mahran

Ashess - nice one! Ah don't worry too much - would like to see heros but if you get some crazy idea where a bad guy's powers would really compliment a good guy's powers to accomplish a task - go for it! There are few rules in comic world Maybe Magneto or Rhino has decided to team up with The Flash or Aqua man to defeat a greater foe!... or develop the latest in intergalactic snacks... Basically it's not too strict.... but one awesome place to find info on all things comic and hero related is Comicvine.com - you can find all sorts of bizarre heros!

For example:
    http://www.comicvine.com/profile/art...f-marvel/14088
    http://www.comicvine.com/profile/the...aracters/32198

I'm currently mega busy - but hope to get a bit of scribbling done for this challenge soon

Rock on!

Last edited by The7Artist7; September 27th, 2013 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks
    oooh! super market shopping or something could be great. and a nice argument about what'd say on the list. heheh.

>>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Hehe ;P Sounds fun Ashess - just make sure they're combining their powers somehow!

Thanks
    thanks for inviting me to this again!
    will try to think something up for this, hmmm.

Thanks
    rumpenstiltzkin
    Glad you could join, this should be fun

Thanks
    rumpenstiltzkin! You're welcome - thanks for joining the fun!

Thanks
    first one. catwoman n wolverine's animal shelter.
    (for the poor little deprived critters)

Name:  catnwolv.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  18.7 KB

other option for now: spidey's and the joker's surprise package delivery service. and yes, the packages go boom. peter really shoulda listened to his spider-sense when taking that deliverer job...

>>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ashess View Post
    first one. catwoman n wolverine's animal shelter.
    (for the poor little deprived critters)

Name:  catnwolv.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  18.7 KB

other option for now: spidey's and the joker's surprise package delivery service. and yes, the packages go boom. peter really shoulda listened to his spider-sense when taking that deliverer job...

Great idea, and a very cool sketch!
    Gonna try n post a wip soon myself, good stuff ashess

Thanks
    thanks mahran. really like the idea too. and here's the second 1.

Name:  coopb.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  49.9 KB

its nice,but not sure it's as obvious as the first.
    also, cleaning this up makes en even better comp. not sure how the 2nd will.

Name:  coopa.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  36.6 KB

Last edited by ashess; October 1st, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
    >>mah tumbr

Thanks

The flash!

Still looking for a good idea, thought i might have marvel n DC heroes making a pizza. Quick sketch of the flash buying ingredients!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  120.6 KB

Thanks
    hehe. nice mahran; who's gonna cook?

just trying to get the original expression back

Name:  coopa.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  37.5 KB

Last edited by ashess; October 2nd, 2013 at 04:16 PM.
    >>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Ashess, really like the direction you're going with this one

Thanks
    thanks mahran. im pretty happy so far. I just gotto get the expressions right. wolv's a little too murderous right now. and catwoman should be more smug.
    ah, and I just hope i can finish. I might have busted my wrist just now. just hope I can draw again in a day or so...

Name:  coopa3.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  49.3 KB

>>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Man alive - why doesn't CA send thread update alerts anymore!

But great to see what peeps are up to!

Ashess haha - love your Wolverine and Catwoman animal shelter idea haha - once you nail the expressions it will be awesome! To be honest I think your first sketch had a really good vibe going - Wolvie a bit gruff but in a kind and slightly puzzled way (kitten giving him an obedient but slightly suspicious look) hehe -what's great is I already have all sorts of pictures in my head of the shenanigans that would go on with Wolverine trying to cope with mischievous little kittens and puppies etc XD And perrrfect for Catwoman of course - right at home for her character (although quite surprised she's getting on so well with dogs here! hehe)

Mahran - hehe supersonic Pizza! Love the style you have going there - fun bright and characterful with a ton of dynamism! (nod to the old challenge days - I like!) looking forward to seeing the rest of where you're going with this

(remember to put rumpenstiltzkin on the list Mahran )

Hehe oh and I think the Joker+Spidey unintentional co-op could work really well too!! - hehe here is a quick scribble of how it looked in my head (maybe I should steal the idea hahaha!)

Rock on everyone!! remember to tell your friends about this challenge too hope we can get as many regulars from the old challenges plus some new dudes and dudettes

Name:  Spidey-Joke.png
Views: 672
Size:  78.9 KB

Last edited by The7Artist7; October 4th, 2013 at 11:39 AM.

Thanks
    Lookin good the7!

Thanks
    the7 oh, the co-op sketch is great! by all means steal the idea. I would love to see what (more) you make of it! oh, what you got outta the initial wolv/cat sketch is close to what I wanted. but not quite.

I think I finally got the expressions right, now.
    ((
    because in my head kitteh goes 'oh now you've done it! im going to shread your ass'
    while wolv goes 'you have got to be kidding'
    and catwoman going 'do you need a hand with that?'
    (big, mean-looking dog goes 'I wuf you,lady')
    ))

Name:  coopa4.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  47.0 KB

Last edited by ashess; October 4th, 2013 at 05:20 PM.
    >>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Dude - gone a bit quiet around here! Come on peeps - even if just a sketch or two it would be great for you to take part

Name:  Screen shot 2013-10-11 at 20.31.14.png
Views: 409
Size:  62.0 KB

Thanks
    I know I is a little sad about that... oh well im ready to add shadows. and then color.

Name:  coopa5.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  50.3 KB

>>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Looking good Ashess one comment though - I'd like to see the details and proportions of the kitty pulled together a little more as it is one of the main elements and in the foreground - your style is quite realistic yet the kitty is looking a tad cartoon / rough compared... if you didn't change a thing I'd still like the pic though - hehe makes me chuckle

Hoping to get some time later or tomorrow to do some more on mine! Such a shame we don't have more joining in as while I can encourage and comment - finding time to put a piece of quality work together is tough for me right now! Frustrating! But I am determined to at least manage something

Rock on! and if anyone is checking this out wondering whether to do something - seriously just sketch something ... it's more than welcome! It's not about some company trying to get work for free or something like that - we're simply a couple of long time Conceptart.org members who also happen to be comic fans doing this for fun and to offer encouragement to anyone who wants to try their hand at drawing this kind of stuff or if you know what you're doing maybe share a tip or two ... main aim - have fun with like-minded peeps!

Thanks
    yeh; you're quite right the7. that kitten has been bothering me quite a bit. I think I'll pull up some rev on kittens, get it right like that...

>>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Nice one Ashess - but agh my plan to get more done on mine went out the window (don't worry - not literally!) but just between life stuffs and work stuffs I'm not finding much time grrr - one day left! yikes :o
    I've been taking part mostly in my head - all sorts of ideas and plans going on haha...

I have to say well done Ashess for really getting into this - super pat on the back!

Thanks
    thanks the 7. well, that's usually what im good at. sticking to it.
    ah, I think im done. unless anyone's got some last-minute crits.

Name:  coopa6.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  62.5 KB

>>mah tumbr

Thanks

Thanks
    Phew - not as finished as I planned (was going to redraw it in a more classic comic style) but still fun

Oh and lets give a few days for comments as there are only a couple of us I gotta go do stuffs but will hopefully be back tomorrow to give comments on your cool pics!

Name:  SpidJokeChallenge.png
Views: 307
Size:  617.7 KB

Thanks
    Ok another late finish to work today phew! but just wanted to say love both your pics - Ashess would maybe be cool to take the colour and shadow/lighting to the next level - really go to town! but either way made me chuckle Great story behind the pic that immediately makes me think of all the funny shenanigans they would get up to running an animal shelter together!

Mahran - loving the retro vibe and whoa! who would have guessed Spidey and Superwoman would get together! Maybe define and detail the anatomy a little further to give a bit more grounding visually (Spidey's torso etc)? and again possibly boost the colours/shadows... but great dynamism (not entirely sure how much 'cooperation' is going on!) and the lil girl is adorable!

Rock on!

Last edited by The7Artist7; October 16th, 2013 at 06:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 9