CHOW #335 :: Time Enforcer - Page 3

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    With added values. Is this at all in the ballpark? Maybe I should just start over.

Name:  value wip.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  49.4 KB

Love means never having to say "you're a special snowflake."

Take a look at my sketchbook
    And my blog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Guys and Girls, I hope I'm not too late to the party, here are my submissions and best of luck to everybody.

Name:  335 Time Enforcer Thumbs.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  180.6 KB

Baranha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vezarez: Haha, I actually had to do a double take to realize his arm was the device itself. Love subtle details like that. It's nice how the overall design isn't overly flashy but still feels comfortably sci-fi because of his equipment.

FatMoStank: Wonder what's in that briefcase? Nice touch, I can tell this guy's all business. I might look for ways to ramp up the science fiction...ness.

NickyBeats: Awesome! No real suggestions at this stage. I just sort of wish we could see his feet lol. I'm guessing the device is the eyewear.

prepsage: Thanks! Haha yeah, it's supposed to be like one of those bells you see on old alarm clocks. I probably should have shrunk it down and put one on each shoulder.

NicoleWG: No need to start over, although I guess you've still plenty of time if you decide to. The core idea is pretty complete at this point, so I guess I would try to figure out what else it needs to get to that next level. She has a way to dispatch threats and her device is apparent. You could render it out more/add colors but I don't know if it would really add to the concept itself. Maybe leave it alone for a day or so and come back to it with a fresh eye.

Baranha: I like the more pointed helmets for some reason. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the recall mechanism.

Another idea tonight. This prompt is really fun to mess around with...

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for the comments Noun. I think I am gonna with the 2nd largest image because I like the Collar however I may need to rethink the pose because the Time Recall Device is the cicular thing on her back , in which you can see in the lower left image. Maybe this calls for a gratuitous butt shot?

~Baranha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can just do a front view and a detail shot of the device on her back.

Please PM me if you'd like an individual crit.

idrawyouonthesubway
    huxleycreative

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Noun , haha yeah - I put a dude in trenchcoat and its scifi I've been thinking about that.
    All you dudes are seriously on fire

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Decided to up my design abit , future stuff it

Name:  time_dude_moart.png
Views: 463
Size:  566.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello again Chaps,
    I think this will be the final direction. I know the gun is a bit generic but for now it's a place holder until I can come up with something better. Maybe a futuristic worm that burrows into the victim and causes them to have a heartattack and when the person dies so does the worm? Less Mess to clean up and it looks totally natural.

Name:  335 Time Enforcer stage 1.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  119.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FatMoStank: This guy and his one liners. Love the energy in the lines and overall updates to the design. I think if you push the functionality of the briefcase/mask enough, that could supply all the sci-fi you really need.

Baranha: Solid turnarounds, fantastic work. It's probably fine if the gun is generic as far as the agent's means of defense; I kind of feel like the prompt wants us to focus more on a clever recall device anyhow. A time worm would be awesome, but it might be difficult to show what it does in a static image. Keep it up!

Daily version. Now with 10% more metal, green lights, and holograms.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seeing some really awesome stuff in here so far guys. Keep up the great work, you still have another week!

!!SKETCHBOOK!!

Visit my website for additional info. www.mjdstudios.com
    “If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful after all.”
    ― Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Noun,
    I would love to see all your submissions together on one board. Like a time enforcement kill team.
    The worm idea was the result of 3 beers and way past my bedtime.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bit of a rework, some great entries.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Noun smart idea to use the hourglass as a the recall device! I love your style!

Baranha You got some very interesting shapes going on there

ded I love how bright and colorful your character is!

Name:  chow_6.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  359.0 KB
    Some WIP. I can't help but notice most of us have chosen women as protagonists, I wonder why? ^^

Personal Blög - About my life as a game designer, wannabe artist and feminist!
    Sketchböök - I love to draw! Feedback is always welcome!
    Twitter - Join me and talk game development!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 847 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    @ noun- thought about it long and hard, and have to agree with you. im gonna go for 12; only make her even more of a bungee jumper.
    really like the green lights girl with the sundial-on-a-chain. the arm isnt looking very human though. no space to contain the actual arm. or isnt she in a suit, and just in the cockpit?

so here's a few sketches for the bungeejumping time-saver:

Name:  bungee.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  83.0 KB

>>SKETCHBOOK. you'll visit me. I'll visit you, we'll have a tea party. with arts and shit. it'll be dreamy. stop by.
    >>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome designs all around!

@Noun: An hourglass as the recall device, that's brilliant! Wish I thought of that

Here's how mine is turning out. Almost done now I think, just playing with lighting and gotta fix a few things.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm going to give this one a shot. Nothing too fancy this time, trying to keep it simple:

CHOW #335 :: Time Enforcer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nicky... Your head is in profile, so we shouldn't be able to see both eyes, if the design of the goggles is to have a support piece cutting through the middle, then your good...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Baranha: Lol, well hey, whatever inspires you. Yeah, I'll probably include thumbnails of the unused concepts in the final post and have them all together.

Ironbyte: Looking good, some parts of her armor kind of look like a modern knight. Really like the perceived weight on that gun, nice.

Nextra: Nice kicks! Maybe tone down the background a little bit, though? I feel like it might be drawing too much attention away from the character/device.

ashess: Yeah, definitely liking the upper left diving pose. Can't wait to see this concept progress.

Vezarez: Still looks good from where I'm sitting. No real critiques, keep it up!

hueonpao: Lol, I love how casual this agent seems. Not quite sure what the recall device is, or is it the underlying armor? Careful with the balance as she's kind of falling over backwards, I have this same issue all the time.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Still trying to churn out a few more daily ideas before settling on one of these. A chainsaw that slices open the space time continuum?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  chow_7.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  106.7 KB

Woke up today and reworked my design, what can I say: less is more? Ha ha, feels much better now. She uses her catana to slice trough time and space!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nextra, I hate to be the guy that has to say these things but the sword cutting through time is not a "Device." It needs to be some sort of technological device to recall back to their time period.

This also goes for ANYONE not making a device. I think I saw a couple trying to do some weird things outside of technology. Please, if you are unsure what qualifies as a device, please ask!

!!SKETCHBOOK!!

“If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful after all.”
    ― Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Havok, thanks for telling me! Better to find out now than last day before deadline So the device needs to be run on electricity? I'm not sure I understand?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aagh this is so bad.

Sketches and refs:

I wanted to mix old timey clocks and riot gear or whatever, but I totally botched my idea anyway. Fuck sakes.
    The time travel device is the wrist thingy. It has springs that you need to wind up, and you manipulate time for the duration that the spring runs.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 847 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    havoc, my time-recall device is the bungee rope with harass. Is that ok?

>>SKETCHBOOK. you'll visit me. I'll visit you, we'll have a tea party. with arts and shit. it'll be dreamy. stop by.
    >>mah tumbr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nextra: Well, pretty much, yes. Only because this chow is a specific genre. The idea of the recall device to re-open the portal through which the enforcer will travel through to get back to their time period. A mechanical device wouldn't really work in this setting.

Ashess: This one might be pretty hard to portray without doing a schematic of how this harness works. I get the idea, but you want to be able to convey the design to someone who has no idea what this character is about. Perhaps this harness is used to open the portal and the bungee remains in full tension stasis until the harness re-activates it? It will be quite difficult to go this route, but it can be done with the proper details drawn out. Basically we would need to see how the harness works, along with the character design. So it's up to you if you want to do the extra work, or you can try to make it a little easier on yourself by coming up with something a little more simple.

!!SKETCHBOOK!!

― Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just realised we have another week until deadline! Should really be paying attention, either that or one of these time devices is a little too effective...
    Here's what I was going to post, there is always room for a reworking though if anyone can point out any major issues. (and a double check if I'm still within all the rules.)

Thanks for the advice Noun! Love your small army of time agents, the hourglass on a chain is my favourite so far.
    Trying my best to keep the wing/rift device as open as possible, but still balance it out so my time agent isn't falling over all the time. Changed the opposite arm and am attempting to make the framework of the device look as lightweight as possible.

Name:  cyberange2l.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  61.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow guys, these are all awesome and unique concepts! Mine is feeling a little cliche now.

Not sure how I'm feeling about this but here's what I got so far. My idea was that her suit is the time travel device, solar rechargeable, with an easily accessable control on her hip. A sort of holo screen so she has all the data about targets and precise times and dates, and a weapon that works with electricity to either stun or kill. Tried for a cyber punk vibe. But yeah, more work to be done.

(Just realized how awkward her crotch area looks... will fix!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OJseve: I like how you've actually put a limit on how long the agent can control time with the wind up springs. If you were to go back and continue this it'd be cool to see a bit more clockwork/gears incorporated into the glove like you were saying. Maybe the back of the glove has a huge wind up lever on it or something. Really like how you've researched police uniforms as well, that never even crossed my mind until now. Would like to see even more of that in the costume.

RaynaCendre: Another interesting way to limit the agent's time travel usage--I like the solar powered idea. Maybe take reference from the designs of actual solar powered objects, and incorporate those into the suit's appearance to indicate this? Perhaps the suit has a rectangular motif like you'd see on solar panels.

Daily brainstorm, but now I'm wondering if an instrument is technically a device lol. Was thinking that the agent would return home by playing a tune only they would know, which opens a time rift. Kind of like a musical password. Basically Ocarina of Time... but with an electric guitar.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, to make things simple, a device is a thing made or adapted for a particular purpose, esp. a piece of mechanical or electronic equipment. So, when Nextra wanted to use the sword as a device, I said no because it is more like a tool.

!!SKETCHBOOK!!

― Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff, guys.

Nextra - I like the jacket. I kind of wish you added that spiky silhouette in some way. Would've been a cool device.

NicoleWG - It's a very retro style agent but she needs a more defined device. Is it the sun glasses?

prepsage - Thanks for the heads up. I love the texture pattern on the coat. Very slick. Same goes for the helmet. Not sure how it works though.

jondawo - The new approach for the arm was a good choice. Likes!

ded - Great colors and nice simple clothing. Is the helmet the device or is she getting more gadgets?

ashess - Bungee jumping. It's a cool idea but like Havoc says, it would need a lot of work. I think you might be biting off more than you can chew.

NickyBeats - I like the comic book style, cyber punk look. I'm guessing he IS the device?

Metaichmion - I don't think that light rod is going to work. Perhaps design a device that is strapped onto his upper body?

Moirae - The problem with the weight is simply the pose itself and not how light the wing is suppose to look.

Noun - I love your simple, flowing style. The guitar idea is cool.

Vezarez - Nice pose. Keep up the good work.

FatMoStank - Good idea to start over. The pose is great and I like the mask. Keep it up.

Barhana - Loving it. Great pose, great outfit, great helmet.

ironbite - She's got the device and a cool gun but the chest piece looks a little too medieval. Perhaps work some sci-fi details into it?

hueonpao - There is nothing wrong with keeping it simple but yours is a little too simple and I can't see how she's suppose to be a time traveling agent.

OJseve - Uhm he needs more work.

RaynaCendre - I like the idea of the suit being wrapped in energy threads.

Thanks again for the feedback. I did some minor changes to the design, changed the pose and worked more on her proportions.
    Once I fix the outer shield on the robotic arm/device I hope it's ready for the final touches. Ideas? Crits?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Christoffer- I'm glad you got that impression, the silhouette is straight from 1940s. And yes, the shades are? is? the device. I left this alone over the weekend and came back to it. I wanted it to look more different than a regular suit so I changed some stuff.

Name:  re-design.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  62.7 KB

Last edited by NicoleWG; September 16th, 2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Love means never having to say "you're a special snowflake."

Take a look at my sketchbook
    And my blog

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.