Rendering Issue in photoshop, soft brush's don't work

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Rendering Issue in photoshop, soft brush's don't work

I'm having an issue where every time i use a Soft brush or a brush with Soft edges, i get a pixelated effect, just like the old spray-can in the original Paint. It is that bad that I haven't been able to produce any digital art, for what feels like forever!.

The problem started the moment i took out the powerful graphics card i had on lone from a friend, about 2-3 months ago, and was forced to use the crappy on-board graphic card. I didn't worry about it to much, because i figured the problem would be fixed as soon as i get my new graphics card.

Well my new card arrived today, the Nvidia GTX 650 Ti, i have installed the new card and guess what? it hasn't fixed the issue.

Now i'm starting to get worried, i am starting to have withdrawals from digital painting and i sucks! big time!. At this point i just hope it is some simple setting or unrelated thing that is causing the problem, any help would be a god send.

Much obliged, for any advice you could give me.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Art is never finished, only abandoned. -Leonardo da Vinci

The worst evil which can befall the artist is that his work should appear good in his own eyes. -Leonardo da Vinci

It is ill to praise, and worse to blame, the thing which you do not understand. -Leonardo da Vinci

Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the presence of fear, yet the will to go on. -Martin Lawrence

Revenge is not a valid motive, it is an emotional response, no, not vengeance, Punishment! -The Punisher
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hay mate,

I had an issue like this a while ago where all my brushes were pixellated like this.
    It turned out I had the pencil tool selected and not the brush too - the pencil tool being one of the sub-tools within the brush tool.

Other than that, I haven't a clue as to what it could be.

All the best, man.

www.travismillar.com

Ever just woken up and gone "shit, does the world around me exist"?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the suggestion -Tragedy-

As soon as i read your post, i quickly opened up Photoshop, i would have felt a little bit silly, but i would have been able to digital paint again, so who cares!. Unfortunately for me the brush tool was selected and the issue continues, oh woe is me .

Anyone else encountered a similar problem, or have any idea's on how i might fix it?

EDIT: I think i have fixed the problem, like i mentioned in my initial post, the problem started when i removed the graphics card, so i naturally assumed it was the cause of the issue, as it turns out i am just an idiot. I had the mode set to dissolve, when i tried switching it back to normal mode, the problem goes away and the brushes once again blend and fade out like their supposed to.

Special Thanks goes to -Tragedy- for pointing me in the right direction, different problem then the one you mentioned but equally as simple to fix. I feel very foolish but, at the same time, i don't really care as i can paint again!

Last edited by JLamps; September 5th, 2013 at 10:28 PM.
    Art is never finished, only abandoned. -Leonardo da Vinci

The worst evil which can befall the artist is that his work should appear good in his own eyes. -Leonardo da Vinci

It is ill to praise, and worse to blame, the thing which you do not understand. -Leonardo da Vinci

Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the presence of fear, yet the will to go on. -Martin Lawrence

Revenge is not a valid motive, it is an emotional response, no, not vengeance, Punishment! -The Punisher

Members who have read this thread: 2