Thanks

Rendering Issue in photoshop, soft brush's don't work

I'm having an issue where every time i use a Soft brush or a brush with Soft edges, i get a pixelated effect, just like the old spray-can in the original Paint. It is that bad that I haven't been able to produce any digital art, for what feels like forever!.

The problem started the moment i took out the powerful graphics card i had on lone from a friend, about 2-3 months ago, and was forced to use the crappy on-board graphic card. I didn't worry about it to much, because i figured the problem would be fixed as soon as i get my new graphics card.

Well my new card arrived today, the Nvidia GTX 650 Ti, i have installed the new card and guess what? it hasn't fixed the issue.

Now i'm starting to get worried, i am starting to have withdrawals from digital painting and i sucks! big time!. At this point i just hope it is some simple setting or unrelated thing that is causing the problem, any help would be a god send.

Much obliged, for any advice you could give me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Art is never finished, only abandoned. -Leonardo da Vinci

The worst evil which can befall the artist is that his work should appear good in his own eyes. -Leonardo da Vinci

It is ill to praise, and worse to blame, the thing which you do not understand. -Leonardo da Vinci

Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the presence of fear, yet the will to go on. -Martin Lawrence

Revenge is not a valid motive, it is an emotional response, no, not vengeance, Punishment! -The Punisher

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hay mate,

I had an issue like this a while ago where all my brushes were pixellated like this.
    It turned out I had the pencil tool selected and not the brush too - the pencil tool being one of the sub-tools within the brush tool.

Other than that, I haven't a clue as to what it could be.

All the best, man.
    Ever just woken up and gone "shit, does the world around me exist"?

Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestion -Tragedy-

As soon as i read your post, i quickly opened up Photoshop, i would have felt a little bit silly, but i would have been able to digital paint again, so who cares!. Unfortunately for me the brush tool was selected and the issue continues, oh woe is me .

Anyone else encountered a similar problem, or have any idea's on how i might fix it?

EDIT: I think i have fixed the problem, like i mentioned in my initial post, the problem started when i removed the graphics card, so i naturally assumed it was the cause of the issue, as it turns out i am just an idiot. I had the mode set to dissolve, when i tried switching it back to normal mode, the problem goes away and the brushes once again blend and fade out like their supposed to.

Special Thanks goes to -Tragedy- for pointing me in the right direction, different problem then the one you mentioned but equally as simple to fix. I feel very foolish but, at the same time, i don't really care as i can paint again!
    Last edited by JLamps; September 5th, 2013 at 09:28 PM.
    Art is never finished, only abandoned. -Leonardo da Vinci

The worst evil which can befall the artist is that his work should appear good in his own eyes. -Leonardo da Vinci

It is ill to praise, and worse to blame, the thing which you do not understand. -Leonardo da Vinci

Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the presence of fear, yet the will to go on. -Martin Lawrence

Revenge is not a valid motive, it is an emotional response, no, not vengeance, Punishment! -The Punisher