Sketchbook: Freespyryt's Journal
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Freespyryt's Journal

I've been lurking a long time, first time poster. I'm a nurse from Washington state who's ready for a change and want to get back into art. I was pretty good in highschool, but now I'm picking up my pencil for the first time in over 6 years. I've done some pixel art work here and there since then, but nothing serious. I'm open to criticisms and suggestions, and would love any suggestions especially relating to the best way to effectively become a better artist. Here are a few of my sketches, mostly done in the last couple weeks. I appreciate you taking your time to read this and critique my stuff!

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Freespyryt; September 3rd, 2013 at 09:11 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More Sketches from the last week, had to take a small hiatus due to some issues with work. Here's the latest batch. I tried to work on form and gesture from the Proko videos. Definitely open to some critiques!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Daily exercises 9/8/13-9/9/13

A few more sketches. The first one is just some quick warm ups, the next 5 are exercises from "Drawing for the Absolute and Utter Beginner" and the last few are from ProkoTV gestures and figures. Always welcome critiques!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well. Seems you are just beginning.

I think this is going to be hard to accept. But a very fast way to advance, is just draw lines. Nothing but straight lines for like a month. And not just lines... ellipses, cubes, any 3d shapes.. All these things- and nothing but--- for like a month. If you don't believe me, check out peter han's cgma youtube vids, and all he teaches beginners is what I just told you. But I didn't need peter han to explain that to me...

Now, I'm not critiquing, I'm just giving a suggestion: there are countless things I could say (from my personal growth experience, as well as things from other artits' experiences- in life, and online)-- and so, I'm just keeping it very short. Honestly, it all really depends on what kind of artist you want to be, where you want to end up, and what motivates you to draw,sketch,paint,create,etc... So that's all that in a nutshell lol.

Alright,
    Peace!

Behind every great master is a great student...

Imagination is more important than knowledge- Albert Einstein...
    _________
    NEW SKETCHBOOK -- http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...40#post3743640

OLD SKETCHBOOK: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...25#post2543225

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.